Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Art-Tech Shark 450

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:29 AM
NitroEnthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Art-Tech Shark 450

rotorhead is Dr. Heli.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
NitroEnthusiast

Rotor, flying video of my TREX V2 clone is on youtube now. It's flying in my small office space. Here's the link.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf_YgOb3fBE[/link]
Old 04-05-2008, 04:42 PM
ginnz
My Feedback: (2)

ok, which one of you guys IS Delfin ;-)
Old 04-05-2008, 05:31 PM
NitroEnthusiast

goldrust1 on eBay is Delfin.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:46 PM
ginnz

ORIGINAL: NitroEnthusiast

goldrust1 on eBay is Delfin.

uh, yeah, i know that, i bought my heli from him, and blades, and motor, and......

im just pullin' your chain, see'in if you'd bite....:-)
Old 04-05-2008, 11:15 PM
rotorhead0207

it ain't me as I'm retired and can't afford to have a bussiness on the side. On top of that I'm a mechanic not a bussiness man. I spend money not make money.
Edit: I spent a bunch of my money with Delfin, like nitro did as well. We both bought the V2"C" and both got the Carbon Shark. I just finished my V2"C" tonight, first hovers in the basement, and it looks like the weather has gone for a crap for the next few days so Wednesday looks like the first outdoor flights. Unless we get a quick break in the wind. Us wet coasters will fly if it's just spitting.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:52 AM
ginnz

so, you guys both have the carbon shark, and the V2 clone.... im getting one or the other from delfin as well, how do you like the V2 clone? whats your thoughts on it? and how about the carbon shark? i just dont know which one to get. im leaning towards the v2 clone, cause i have a shark, and im also on the fence with the carbon shark, as another blinged out shark would be good, as far as being able to share parts.....decisions, decisions.... i also see he has the logitech gyro, id like one for my BH500se pro.

i have 2 big shopping carts full of stuff, both around 280.oo a piece coming, one from KA-Planes, and one from horizon-hobby, i should have both by next week, then i have another for Ka-Planes for about 250.00, then after that its time for either the carbon shark, or the v2 clone..... i have about 1 month to decide ;-)

you guys can help me decide! :-) arrgggg.... maybe ill end up getting both ;-)
Old 04-06-2008, 02:14 AM
rotorhead0207

I love my Shark, like you do, so will have to wait for good weather to fly this V2"C" and in a week or so I should have a better perspective on the pros and cons of both. I'll start on the C Shark build probably on monday maybe tomorrow if the little lady doesn't have plans for my carcus. I bought 2 of the Logictech gyro's from Goldrust! Have in stock the JR digital servos so didn't get the Logictech with the servo. Another friend of mine got the combo pack for a machine he's building. Hold tight and I'll give you my honest opinion of both machines.
Edit: both would be cool as well.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:59 AM
ginnz

awesome!

(dang, i just cant sleep!:-))

you also got the logitech gyro's! please give me your take on them too. are they easy to set up? and how myuch better than a cheap art-tech v2 HH are they ?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:52 AM
rotorhead0207

I first got the LT2100 for my HBK2 last year and it has been flawless on that machine. Then I put one on a E-Smart and it was marginally successful but I attribute that to the owners choice of servo. I then put one on a Rex450 for the same guy and it was flawless on that machine even with an analog servo. So when I got my V2"C" and Carbon Shark from Goldrust1 he said that he was getting in the Logictech 2100 and the 6100 my friend bought a 6100 for his E-Smart and a 2100 for a HDX that he's currently building. Nitro and I got the 2100's for our machines as well. I think that between the 3 of us were buying Goldrust1's house. At the least we've paid off his car. As for setting them up the Korean instructions leave a bit to be desired but there are links to setting them up on the net. It isn't hard and takes about 3 minutes for me now. I still set the end points with the radio and leave the settings on the gyro at factory. That is just my choice. The friend of mine with the Smart has a JR770 and he say's the 2100 is just as good. We've use lots of different gyros and it's as good as it gets. This is just my opinion, so take it as that.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:24 AM
ginnz

so, needless to say, a good quality servo on the tail is mandatory with the LT2100?
Old 04-06-2008, 01:52 PM
jawad101

ORIGINAL: xodarap1

Jawad101, I just disconnect two of the motor leads, then plug em back in when i'm done.
Thanks a bunch. That's what I figured, but just figured I'd make sure......
Old 04-06-2008, 01:58 PM
rotorhead0207

the servo that I'm using is the JR DS285 that came with my DX7 radio system. It's not super fast but for my style of flying it works just fine. If you want a really fast one get the LT2100T set with the Logictech servo. That is about as fast as they come. .05 for 60 degrees, if money is tight get the gyro and use whatever servo you currently have then upgrade to the fast digitals as your useage dictates. The gyro will work with the Logictech digital, standard digital or analog servos. The one on my HBK2 uses a E-Sky analog servo and works just fine.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:00 AM
UfcGuy39

Last night I was putting in the Rx (spektrum 6200) and went pretty well. Set up the Tx according to the settings I have from Delfin, for the Shark.
I'm having 1 problem. The Rx and Tx have been binded. Pitch on the main blades seem fine. The swash seems good, still nice and level. The tail rotor is goofed. The servo for the tail is pulled forward quit a bit, causing the blades to offset badly. When I fire up the Shark, the tail wants to whip around to the left. (top blade is flared right, bottom is flared left), looking from the tail of the Shark. Trimming only helps slightly. I have to hold the left stik all the way right, just to hold the tail blades to normal position??
Do I have the Gyro and Tail reversed in the Rx? The leads from the gyro are labled ch 4 - ch 5.
(Spektrum dx6i and rx 6200). Any help with setting, etc. would be great. I'm still in the learning curve here.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:25 PM
rotorhead0207

fast way is to unplug the gyro and plug the servo into channel 4, center the trim on the transmitter and then set the tail blades to about 5-10 degrees to the left when your looking at the tail blades from above in the direction of travel. They should look like this ]-/ the left mark is the bearing holder in the tail housing, - is the shaft, / is the blade. Not that much angle but that should give you the idea. When you move the rudder lever to the right the pitch slider should move to the left, if not reverse in the transmitter. Now hook up the gyro and arm it then move the nose of the machine to the right the pitch slider should move to the left if not reverse the gyro. Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:58 PM
rotorhead0207

subjective observation on the Carbon Shark and the Shark and the Flasher 450. well the rain and wind finally quit and with fresh charged packs it's out of doors. The difference between the Shark and the Carbon Shark mainly is the motor and the gearing and the battery. Carbon has the HL2215-450 motor and a 13 tooth pinion and as it's a 3850 Kv motor had a really fast head speed and as such made every thing else super sensitive. So toned it down in the throttle curve and now there is almost no difference in the performance or handling compared to the Shark with the 3500 Kv motor. Same servos same rotor blades same ESC only thing is the Carbon Shark has Air Thunder 2250MA battery pack and the Shark is still running the ArtTeck 2200MA pack. The Carbon has the Logicteck 2100T gyro and JR DS285 servo for the tail and the Shark has the ArtTeck gyro and a JR servo. I did have a minor problem with the Carbon in the setup as the main shaft had some minor nicks in it and the swash plate would hang up, so with the head off, took some 400 grit sandpaper and give it a quick powerup and a few strokes with the paper they were gone and the swash leveler fit just fine. I like the canopy on the Carbon as it's bigger than the Rex canopy that I have on the Shark, so it makes installing it easier. I used a stock ArtTeck ESC cut the cover off of it and put on extended leads so I can hook it up with the canopy on the machine. AR6100E reciever on both. How do they compare, IMHO no discernable difference. One and the same. I do like the fiberglass canopy over the stock Shark plastic canopy.
Flasher 450 Nice build and very straight forward, just like the C Shark. Same components other then a Castle Creations Phoenix35 amp ESC. Using an Air Thunder pack on it as well along with a Align 430XL motor. This thing just started up and lifted off the basement floor into a rock solid hover, need one half turn to track the blades. Nice bird! Now on to the real question, which one is better? either one. They both fly great, stable, good power, what can I say. Do like I did get one of both and have some building fun. I'll upload pictures of both tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67367.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	925609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42166.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	925610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13913.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	925611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wp41452.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	925612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xj63208.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	925613  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:31 PM
NitroEnthusiast

Rotor, on the other hand, I did not find time to test a new motor with my SHARK. Since you've already done building your C SHARK and REX kits maybe you can do me a favor. You know what I mean. My choppers are grounded.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:13 AM
ginnz

rotorhead,

thanks for your input! sounds like fun! i think ill get the carbon shark as a second 450!

and you have your lipo wired right to your v2 heli? what if she huffs, and she puffs, and she burrrns your heli down? (while charging) ;-)
Old 04-09-2008, 09:49 AM
rotorhead0207

I never take them out of the heli other than for the first charge. I charge no more than the recommened rate and often less. I also have a cooling fan blowing on the battery as it's charging and monitor the temp with an IR thermometer. I've never had one even get warm. I attribute that to the fan. I used to take them out and charge them on a block of steel 2 inches thick but after lugging that around for a while I decied on the fan setup and so far it works fine. Just my way of doing things. Also with 3 450 size helis all with there own Lipo there's normally no rush to charge them up fast. I'm retired remember
Old 04-09-2008, 10:43 AM
high flyer 777

I've seen on Ray's heli series that he charges his lipos in a crock pot w/the
glass lid on. Good idea! Just about everyone has a crock pot stuffed away
in a cupboard somewhere.
Check out www.miracle-mart.com for their new lipo charging sack. Sells
for around $20. They have a video of a lipo starting on fire. I think everyone
that watches this vid will strongly consider a lipo sack or a ceramic & glass
crock pot. This vid will get your attention!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
rotorhead0207

I've watched almost every video on bursting lipo's and most of them always charge them at 10C or better to get them to burst open and catch fire. If you charge at 1C they nerve get warm. Lots of the time I'll charge them at .5C A side benifit of .5C is they almost always take 40-60 ma more as the chemistry has time to absorb more current without gassing.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:20 PM
NitroEnthusiast

Rotor, thank you for your help, they're airborne again. Yehey!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:37 PM
rotorhead0207

safe flying and remember to take the glass off the table.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Hover Not A Flighter

Hi All, I have read this thread from begining to here, and have decided to register to be able to share in the wealth of info you guys have. This is my first post, and basically it's a thank you in response to the valuable info you all have given me. I have a carbon Shark arriving tomorrow from Goldrust, and I can see I have steep learning curve ahead, so...... let me apologize in advance for all the questions I will undoubtedly lay at your communal doorsteps.
My first encounter with RC flying was more than 45 years ago when an uncle of mine flew his plane in a park near my house. It was a museum piece, with a TX that had 3 buttons on it that you pulsed in varying order to get the plane to respond. I was hooked back then watching it fly. But it's taken me til now to have the time and spare $ to get into it. Sounds like practice, patience, and knowledge are the keys, so I am looking forward to getting the latter here. Thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 11:48 PM
rotorhead0207

Welcome to the "park". It's a neverending learing curve with these things. And as you can see your never to young to learn. I had to retire to have the time to really enjoy the hobby. I enjoy every minute of it as well. Welcome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.