Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Radio !

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Crossfade
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio !

Hey guys,

Well i've decided im gonna be in this hobby till the cows come home so i mine as well upgrade to the Radio which will be my last,
So which would be the best out of Futaba vs Spektrum or even JR !

I have programed a DX7 so i have experience with spektrum but dunno anything about its match in futaba and JR ?.

Is one better then the other or is it just a personal preference ?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2008, 07:14 PM
jaketrouble

Default RE: Radio !

most will probably say the dx7 is the better of the 2. and since you already have experience with the spectrum i think that should be your choice. when i finally buy a tx it is going to be the dx7.. just my thoughts...jake
Old 02-12-2008, 07:58 PM
restinpieces

i just ordered a dx7 10 min. ago, after reading reviews and posts on forums like this one for the last 2 months.
i was waiting for the dx6i. but they just don't seem to want to sell it unless you buy a blade400. i wanted to support my lhs, but they
wouldn't sell the dx7 by itself. and i didn't want the ar7000 rx or the servos, so i found a place online ( thebarnfloor.com ) that would
sell just the tx. i also ordered the ar6200 rx.
as far as futaba and jr, jr's are good but pricecy ( 9303 ). futaba's match to the dx7 is the t7c. there's a good review here on rcu
in the review sec. small screen was the main complaint.
the dx7 seems like it will have more support here on the forums when you need help setting it up. and i know i will
Old 02-12-2008, 11:04 PM
badazzbusa

Spectrum and JR are both Horizon Hobby so they are the same.
All 3 you listed are great, so there is really no wrong choice. You're kinda asking, which is better? Ford, Chevy or Dodge.
If you are going to be in this hobby till the cows come home then I think your best choice right now is the JR X9303 2.4. Futaba only has released the 7ch. 2.4 to compete with Spectrum and you may need more than 7ch. in the future. Futaba also has the 12ch 2.4 but I doubt you will ever need 12ch. and at $2100, it's kinda pricey. I have a Futaba 9c and a JR 9303 and they are both great. Programming is pretty easy for both after you sit down for a evening and just go through everything to see what it does.
For the 9303, anything you have that is less than 9ch., you can use the spectrum 6 and 7ch rx.

Which ever you get, don't get less than 7ch. at a minimum.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Druss

If you already have a DX7 then I'd go with the JR 9303, although futaba is releasing a 10C 2.4ghz soon. I'm personally waiting on the JR 12X, never need another radio again.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:08 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

ORIGINAL: Druss

If you already have a DX7 then I'd go with the JR 9303, although futaba is releasing a 10C 2.4ghz soon. I'm personally waiting on the JR 12X, never need another radio again.
Yea thats what I thought when I bought my Futaba Super 7 with 4 model memory.

Then again when I got my 9C

Then again when I got my 9C Super
Old 02-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Druss

lol true enough as the 12X would be my 3rd but really I can't see too many situations where I'll need more than 12 channels. The only reason I'd switch again after the 12X is if some super duper new technology came out, like 5.8ghz or something (which may not be far off considering). I wonder what the maximum range on bluetooth is????
Old 02-14-2008, 08:45 AM
badazzbusa

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

Yea thats what I thought when I bought my Futaba Super 7 with 4 model memory.

Then again when I got my 9C

Then again when I got my 9C Super
I thought the samething when I got my 6ch. Futaba with 6 model memory. "who would ever need more than a 6 model memory"?