Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Experienced simulator guy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Experienced simulator guy

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:42 PM
racer/flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experienced simulator guy

So I've been considering getting into radio controlled helicopters. I race rc cars and sort of consider myself a wiz at it, but I know helicopters are a whole new ballgame. I've had realflight g3.5 for about seven to eight months and practice often. I can hover inverted, do various tricks, and fly backwards inverted {on a sim}. I don't know anyone who flies these, and plan on getting into it solo. I was just wondering if people who fly these for real consider the realflight sim just like the real thing. I know I can do alright as long as it is about the same as the sim. I also wondered if people who have been in it for a while can say that the real thing is much funner than the sim. I can play for a couple of hours at a time, but other times I seem to get sort of bored. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something that people get tired of. Main point; is the real thing a whole lot funner than the sim? Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:48 PM
[]TEX[]

Default RE: Experienced simulator guy

ORIGINAL: racer/flyerMain point; is the real thing a whole lot funner than the sim? Thanks for any advice.
Yes it is!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:50 PM
racer/flyer

I hope your right. I may have to get me one of the new E-flite Blade 400's. I know it isn't a beginners heli, but what the heck, I'll give it a try!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:25 PM
[]TEX[]

ORIGINAL: racer/flyer

I hope your right. I may have to get me one of the new E-flite Blade 400's. I know it isn't a beginners heli, but what the heck, I'll give it a try!
It's the best beginners heli for the money!
Old 05-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Skarn

I think it's a great beginner heli! Don't let the "FP crowd" tell you otherwise

But anyway, if you can do all that in a sim, you should do fairly well with the real thing. NO, it's not the same so don't get too confident strictly because of your sim experience....the sim is setup for a perfectly setup heli in ideal conditions. But at a bare minimum, you should be able to hover right off.

Good luck!
Skarn
Old 05-29-2008, 07:43 PM
racer/flyer

Thanks for the replies.