Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Manuevrs

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Osirisf16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manuevrs

hey guys. I just watched a video with a heli but i notice that the guy who was flying it, he was doing some "don't know" movements. Here is the video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=p3nNiUStTE0&feature=related . From the 11 second he starts to doing a movement on his sticks that i can't understand why he doin that. What is the achievement of these rapid movements he doing on hes TX?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Manuevrs

That "guy" is Alan Szabo, one of the best 3D helicopter pilots in the US and quite possibly the world, but that is not up for discussion here....

What he's doing, as noted on the title of the video, is some "crack" maneuvers. They are called that way, because they mimic the effects of the drug as if the pilot was suffering the effects.

They are rapid movements of the cyclic stick only possible until recently with the ability of the radio sytem to accept over 6 volts of power and the radio's ability to syncronize the cyclic servo reaction.

The movements are not special in any kind, they are just to show off how fast the helicopter reacts to a command given by the transmitter.

Rafael
Old 05-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Osirisf16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's all? Only to show off your radio how fast is?
Old 05-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Osirisf16

That's all? Only to show off your radio how fast is?
When you can do those maneuvers without flying your helicopter into the ground, then you earn the right to say "That's all?" [8D]

Rafael