Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Cyclic sensitivity for a beginner

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Cyclic sensitivity for a beginner

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:07 PM
BigSting23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyclic sensitivity for a beginner

So I now have 4 flights in with my new Belt CP v2, and no crashes so far.

What I have noticed with my new Heli is that it is VERY sensitive on Cyclic commands. If I was to bring the rod connection on the Servo to the 1st hole (closest to the servo), would that help me gain a little more control without being so sensitive? I can control it how it is, but it is extremely hard to do for a beginner. I correct one way, but end up correcting too much, and I have to correct the other way, and it just turns into a vicious cycle.

Would have crashed by now if it wasn't for the training gear.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:20 PM
bad400

Default RE: Cyclic sensitivity for a beginner

moveing the links closer to the center will make the swash faster, moveing them out to the farest hole from center will slow it down some forsure.
will you be able to tell not sure if your just hovering right now. but in fff/sport mild 3d and 3d if your links are closest to center will give you more response

is there anyway getting it to the radio`s preprogramed settings?
if so you can do like a swahmix adjustment, like if you have;
+75
+75
try like;
+60
+60
or if you can change the trottle and pitch curves settings that would be your better option
Old 03-27-2009, 06:28 PM
BigSting23

I'd like to program a controller, but i'm just using the TX that came with the Heli right now and I don't think I can program it.

So move the links away from the servo should calm it down a little bit? Obviously I will move them back, but I'm having a hard time controlling it for a hover due to the sensitivity.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 PM
bad400

ORIGINAL: BigSting23

I'd like to program a controller, but i'm just using the TX that came with the Heli right now and I don't think I can program it.

So move the links away from the servo should calm it down a little bit? Obviously I will move them back, but I'm having a hard time controlling it for a hover due to the sensitivity.
yes moveing the linkage further out on the arms.horns will slow down the swashplate movement.
are you sure you cant plug your radio/tx into your computer and change your preprogramed settings?

you can go into the esky forum and see if the cat from ushobbysupply can give some insight on the radio`s
Old 03-28-2009, 07:50 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually moving them in lessens the amount of movement to the control surface as the arc is smaller the closer you move to center. Moving it out on the servo increases surface movement.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:38 AM
bad400

it may increase movement but it is slower
it takes the outer hole further to travel than the inner hole, which in affect makes the inner hole more faster and more sensetive
Old 03-28-2009, 07:42 PM
chris6414

When a beginner mentions speed, we are talking in 10ths and 100ths of a second. I have been flying for 3 years and I cannot judge the difference between .21 to 60Degrees and .10 sec. i only fly scale though. Beginners actually need less movement which limits the movement in relation to stick. This slows down the reaction of the helicopter and buffers the over correction a little to help them catch up. Half stick right collective on the outer hole of the servo could throw the helo into a 90 degree bank whereas if it was on an inner hole it may only be a 60-70 degree bank. In CCPM on computer radios, it would be like turning down the airleron and elevator percentage on the CCPM program. Most new comers are not used to living in the 1cm circle of the right stick. Moving the servos links in, significantly increases the allowable stick movement to get the same effect in the swashplate. Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

If they are available, adding two or three flybar weights per side really helps. It tamed my CP Pro 2 down.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:30 PM
chris6414

Second the flybar weights
Old 03-31-2009, 07:08 AM
BigSting23

I'll give the flybar weights a try this week.

On a positive note, I flew again yesterday, and it seems that I am getting a better "touch" with the controller. I had a much better time controlling it. Made me smile
Old 03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
dude7422

hello about the 10th /100th second times on a stop watch.. Try to see how fast you can start and stop a stop watch then you will see just how fast a 1/100th of a second is ps this thread needs a photo
Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 AM
bad400

ORIGINAL: BigSting23

I'll give the flybar weights a try this week.

On a positive note, I flew again yesterday, and it seems that I am getting a better "touch" with the controller. I had a much better time controlling it. Made me smile
good man, its all about nerve`s and mind.
once your not worried about crashing you`ll find yourself doing more.
the flybar wieghts will make the heli sluggish/lazy but some peolpe say it helps a new pilot get the hovering down.