Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

can't make the pitch points of blade A match with the ones of blade B

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

can't make the pitch points of blade A match with the ones of blade B

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:46 PM
ReadyToGo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't make the pitch points of blade A match with the ones of blade B

hi,
i'm trying to adjust the blade pitch of my belt cp, but i'm not able to make the three pitch points (0%, 50%, 100%) of both blades match.
i mean, the 3 main pitch points must be the same in both blades, right?
i can only make one of them coincide.
when the pitch at 50% of both blades is the same, for example, the pitch at 0% and 100% are not.
then i adjust the short link on the top of the rotor to try make the next pitch point match, but the pitch point on blade A that was ok with blade B becomes different.
and so on.
what can i do, please?
thanks
Old 08-05-2010, 01:13 PM
bauerbach

Default RE: can't make the pitch points of blade A match with the ones of blade B

sounds like the rates on the swash plate servos may not be equal? thats all I can think of, the swash plate should go up and down without tilting, which if the pitches are changing, must not be happening, different range of movements from the servos are all I can think of, though thats odd if it was RTF.

if that is what you see(1 arm travels farther than the others) then go into the radio settings and correct it somehow, not sure of the settings on the DX6 for that, if thats what your using.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:42 PM
poison

Default RE: can't make the pitch points of blade A match with the ones of blade B

ya one of you swash servos coud be off when your pitch is change one servo could be traveling farther than the other ones unleveling the swash plate?? Or your linkage is longer than one of the other ones like you said sounds like when you hit 100? your unleveling some how. Are you useing a pitch gauge you may try getting postive ten or pick a number could be 8 or something level your flybar up with gauge than get both blades to read the setting on full sick if your radio will let you you can adjust your servos subtrims to level your plate out. You can also track your blades thats what I always do anyway just keep messing with it you will figure it out soon GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Charlie

Check your spindle (feathering shaft), take it out and roll it on a flat surface (glass or mirror). If it's bent you will never get it track right.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Gorgok

If you check one blade, then turn the blades and check the other in the same spot (like both at 1 o'clock) it shouldn't matter if the swash is level or not (though getting it level should be a goal anyway), the reading should be the same... If it isn't you know the issue is either independent of the swash, like a bent shaft, or above it like in the 2 other link sets.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:19 PM
bad400

if the feathering shaft is`nt bent, you may check to besure both mixing arms are on right.