Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Flight Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:03 PM
mossman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Simulator

I'm using the Flying-Model-Simulator version 2.0 Alpha 8.5 and am wondering why when I push the left stick up, the helicopter goes downward and when I push down it goes up. I tried checking the inverse (INV) checkbox in the calibration window, but that didn't fix the problem. Is this normal operation? This seems backwards to me. I would like for the throttle to increase when Ipress up, not down. The calibration window also says to put all sticks in the center then click finish. But isn't the throttle stick supposed to be all the way down when there is no throttle?The transmitter is calibrated as follows, which seems to give me the most realistic control, but Iwas wondering if someone could tell me if these settingsare accurate.Iwant to be sure that I am learning properly so when Iactually fly for the first time that it will be the same. Also, there are 8 channels available, but I only need 6 for my heli. But for some reason, Nick has to be set in order to turn the heli left and right.

Calibration settings:
Rudder: Channel 5, INV
Elevator: Channel 2, Non-INV
Aileron: Channel 1, INV
Throttle: Channel 3, Non-INV
Tail: Channel 6, Non-INV
Nick: Channel 2, Non-INV
Roll: Channel 1, INV
Pitch: Channel 3, Non-INV

Actions:
Left Stick Up/Down controls throttle (up decreases throttle, down increases throttle. This seemsbackwards to me)
Left Stick Left/Right controls tail rudder (left turns heli left, right turns heli right)
Right Stick Up/Down controls pitch (up moves heli forward, down moves heli backwards)
Right Stick Left/Right controls roll (left banks heli left, right banks heli right)

Old 01-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Flight Simulator

wondering why when I push the left stick up, the helicopter goes downward and when I push down it goes up. I tried checking the inverse (INV) checkbox in the calibration window, but that didn't fix the problem. Is this normal operation? This seems backwards to me. I would like for the throttle to increase when I press up, not down.
Have you tried reversing the throttle in the radio?

Is it the pitch or the throttle that is backward (they are both on the same stick)? Doesn't really matter, try reversing them
in the radio.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:58 AM
mossman77

Flipping the throttle switch on the transmitter did the trick. However, it seems awkwardnow. It seems more intuitive to pull down on the stick to inclineand push up on the stick to decline because the elevator works the same way (up causes nose to dip and down causes nose to rise). Is this a standard configuration? Regardless, I think I may stick with this setup. Also, the throttle and yaw are on the left stick and the elevator and aileron are on the right. I believe you said otherwise.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Charlie

the elevator works the same way (up causes nose to dip and down causes nose to rise). Is this a standard configuration? Regardless, I think I may stick with this setup. Also, the throttle and yaw are on the left stick and the elevator and aileron are on the right.
That's right, that's the way it should be.

When I said pitch I should have said collective pitch, your collective pitch and throttle are on the same stick.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:03 AM
mossman77

Charlie, my left stick controls throttle and yaw, and my right stick controls elevator and aileron (collective pitch). I thought this was standard.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: mossman77

Charlie, my left stick controls throttle and yaw, and my right stick controls elevator and aileron (collective pitch). I thought this was standard.

That is the standard in the US (MODE 2), but I believe that you might have some terms confused.

The left stick controls throttle, collective pitch(mixed) AND rudder (yaw)
The right stick controls elevator, and aileron.

Here is a picture to clear things up.

Rafael
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 AM
mossman77

Idid have my terminology confused. I was thinkingcollective pitch referred to elevator and aileron. Thanksfor clearingthis up.