Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Hirobo Gazelle

Old 11-10-2020, 03:34 AM
Jamie C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo Gazelle

I recently bought a Hirobo Gazelle fitted with an onboard electric starting system. I have had Gazelles before but this is the first time I have come across one with the onboard start system. I have found very little about it on the internet and have only seen it mentioned on a couple of magazine adverts from the 80's.
I was hoping someone maybe able to tell me a bit about it, better still have a manual for it? It may not work at all, but I am reluctant to plug in any power until I know how it works and how its is triggered. Any help would be greatly received.

With previous experience of Hirobo Gazelles, the Fenestron blades were a weak point, as they were prone to cracking around the pivot mount. I have a set of new blades from the later Fenestron on the Dauphin which are longer, I plan to cut these down, balance and then test. I am wanting to keep my Gazelle going as long as possible, and at present this seems the best route to take. I have a Gazelle fuselage from the series 2 model which I will replicate and incorporate the later Fenestron fitted to the Dauphin. I am reluctant to retro fit this to the model I have as I would like to keep it as original as possible.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:04 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Always loved these, Hirobo had the best scale helicopters back then. I have never seen one with the machined rotor hub though. All the scale birds had the cast rotor hub with coning angle.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:21 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

I love it!

My cobra was converted to electric and FBL but it had that getup in it originally though I never flew it that way

Old 11-21-2020, 10:43 AM
Jamie C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
Always loved these, Hirobo had the best scale helicopters back then. I have never seen one with the machined rotor hub though. All the scale birds had the cast rotor hub with coning angle.
I think that may be an 808 head. I have an original kit which is unbuilt and that has the angled head in it.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:37 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Or on this side of the pond it would have been the GMP Competitor/ King Cobra head.