Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Corona 120

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 05:03 PM
ctoms
My Feedback: (-3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona 120

I was thinking of getting a electric corona for my first outdoor heli. I have a piccolo that I got a month ago and can now hover for entire battery packs but am running out of room for anything else. I have a ton of packs and motors that will work in the corona.

Is this a good helicopter to learn on and is it easy to repair?

Thanks
Charlie
Old 01-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Wright Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona 120

Charlie,

Just go to Ezone and do a search on "Corona" and you'll find WEEKS of stuff to read about it there. The general consensus there is that it is the PERFECT beginners e-chopper. Far easier to learn on that a Pic or Hornet and you can smash it to pieces and still fly it! I got one for Christmas and have it all constructed waiting for 3 missing parts (that arrived on Saturday!!) in order to complete it and hopefully fly it this weekend. The ONLY complaint I've ever seen about the Corona is this issue that quite a lot of the kits do seem to have the odd bit missing. This doesn't matter so much if you live in the States as LMH will dispatch the parts to you within a couple of days. Unfortunately, if you live in England, it takes several weeks (ask me how I know!).

Apart from the parts issue it was a lovely thing to build (I've built quite a few planes over the years). The only mod anyone ever really makes from the "stock" kit is to add some foam pipe insulation on the tail boom to deflect boom strikes if you land too hard.

Oh, by the way, most people think the supplied motor is rubbish and don't buy it with the motor (the "bare" kit is $199 - $170 if you shop around). For an alternative motor people use the Kyosho Atomic Force or go brushless (I'm going to try the supplied motor at first and later switch to a Mega 16/15/3 brushless)

Once I get it flying I'll report back here to let you know what it's like to fly (this is my first heli and the only experience I have is about 100+ hours of flying simulators (mainly FMS) since November).

Cliff