Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

gpm cricket

Old 08-21-2004, 07:39 PM
gotnitro
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gpm cricket

hey everone im might be buying a gpm crickets and was woundering if there still part avablie for them or if theres any oher heli's that can work for them and how good are they im kinda new to heli's but want get older one and trying get more info on these heli's before buying them
thanks
Old 08-22-2004, 01:35 AM
AutoMike

Default RE: gpm cricket

Oh my! Dont get a Cricket. There great colector items but for a first heli you are shurly going to have a mishap and your out'a luck on getting parts save for finding them on ebay. Century sells the hawk sport for $150. Parts are cheap and I flew mine for 3 yrs. Mine was really the first hawk they sold and I paid $200 for it in 1996. Givin that things go up over the years and now you can get one for $150 with all kind of improvements made to it makes it a perfect first copter to cut your teeth on. Why I sold all my hawk stuff and bought the Caliber is something I'll regret for awhile. Mike
Old 08-22-2004, 07:28 AM
ChopperMike

I agree with Mr.Pipercub 100%!!! Don't even think about trying to learn to fly with a Cricket! I gave up on trying to learn to fly heli's for several years after starting with a cricket! I gained more experience in the first month of flying my second heli, a Kyosho Concept 30, than I did in a year of trying to fly the Cricket.

I've talked to several others about their Crickets, including Malorie Zastrow (one of Bergen's sponsored pilots) who I met at the IRCHA Jamboree last week. They all had similar results, so it's not just me. For the money, you can't go wrong with the Hawk Sport. I still have mine and am going to use it to start practicing basic aerobatics to minimize damage to my new Sceadu Evo 50.

Even if you could fly it, which is doubful, there aren't enough spare parts on the planet to keep it flying! It's a total POS. Get yourself a Hawk or a Raptor, probably the 2 best choices for a beginner. Check and see if there are any local hobby shops that carry parts for either, that will influence your decsion. If not, and you have to order what you need, either one would be a good choice.

Good luck,

Mike

Sceadu Evo 50
OS 50 SX-H
Futaba 9C
Old 08-27-2004, 01:40 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

I have 3 GMP Crickets, one nitro and the other two converted to electric.

Great tough American helis for what they were in their time and are still are.

It is all in the way you set it up. Parts can be obtained from other similar size helis and with a few mods you will have a much better machine you can fool around with.

If you are not the type to tinker with mechanics, and like nitro helis get one of the more current day CCPM machines.

I have been very fond of GMP as well as LMH made helis because they both are American companies that started small and have produced some very tough little helis.

The Bumble Bee Ver 2 electric Sub-Micro has followed in similar tradition being a tough little heli but electric and a lot smaller.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37318.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	167993  
Old 09-13-2004, 06:10 PM
CenTrMTL
My Feedback: (12)

someone of you got the manual and the shematic part list ....i just baught one gmp cricket and it have to repair......

you can send this in my mail box

thanks