Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Autorotation help

Old 09-22-2002, 10:30 PM
sldfajlksadf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autorotation help

I haven't don one in a month and never failed one. Today I did a couple. On my last one I somehow landed on my side and did not break anything. I guess an auto without breaking anything is a good one, but I would like to do them better.

I would also like to know on how to get the angle to be better. It seems like my raptor goes into a strait decsent and then when landing likes to speed up and go foward when I add pitch. I seem to have enough power left to land and do a little bounce. It seems like some power is taken away by flying it to me and flaring. I still never get to stop it completely and hover down a little.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:19 PM
Blair

1) Auto into the wind (every little bit helps).

2) Keep the heli level on the way down, DO NOT dive it!

3) You can tell a good auto by where your collective stick is when you're done. On a 60 your stick should be at your normal hovering position (allows a margin for error). I suspect on a 30 any stick travel remaining would be a good thing.

4) If your heli fell over and there wasn't any damage your blade speed was WAY to slow.

Blair
Old 09-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

Autos are touchy, I learned to do them using a Kalt ZR Enforcer with flapping head.

I would practice flaring the heli and then I would do these up high and fly away. On my fourth practice run it was so smooth I went ahead and landed anyway.

After I felt comfortable flaring, I used the hold switch. I would descend at low stick (-3 degrees), began to flare, and then I would turn off the throttle hold so I could just do a fly by instead of a auto. I practiced quite a few times, every time flaring even lower.

I then began to flare at 3to5 feet until I was ready to auto and actually do the landing without pulling out of it. After a few careful but sucessful autos, it began to get easier as time went by. And finally doing a nose in auto was a lot harder early on.

But you have to keep your heli correctly lined up-wind is a factor as well....Posts above have good pointers for this..

This is my personal setup to doing-practicing an auto-Do it your own way as my preferences only fitted my needs. Do So at your own risk!
Old 09-23-2002, 07:16 PM
sldfajlksadf

I am not going to explain anything. You poeple are way too rude. Your behavior is embarrassing.

I am glad there are people out there who are helpful on the forums.

Thanks Blair and Culverson
Old 09-23-2002, 10:52 PM
sldfajlksadf

Pete, cut it out. I have many things to say about you and Paul. I do not want to have a 20-page post on arguments. I will be the mature one and end it.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:12 AM
=XGC= OzZ

Default OK be nice.

Be nice Please.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:21 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm closing this one...gentleman if you don't have anything nice to say to people regardless of any past history please be mature & don't say anything at all.

Thank you.