Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Starting issues..

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting issues..

Well for some reason when I start my nexus, after a few seconds of trying the starter shaft locks, when I checked I noticed the black piece (I believe to be the clutch, circle disc with fins) that is attached to the engine moves off the spindle 1/4" outward, so I tighten the nut back up which holds it in place, put it all together and the same thing all over again, has anyone heard of this problem, I'm pretty much at a stand still trying to figure this one out, oh and this is a new heli, never flown and going through the break in process with the motor.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:31 PM

Default Threadlock

It's almost a law- all prop nuts used to hold the fan/clutch assembly MUST be tightened down with RED threadlocking compound (Loctite).....if you flood the engine with a locknut that was not threadlocked- it will almost always unscrew itself- and result in the problem you are experiencing- RED Loctite should do the trick.

Good luck.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Threadlock

Originally posted by stevenyc1
It's almost a law- all prop nuts used to hold the fan/clutch assembly MUST be tightened down with RED threadlocking compound (Loctite).....if you flood the engine with a locknut that was not threadlocked- it will almost always unscrew itself- and result in the problem you are experiencing- RED Loctite should do the trick.

Good luck.
Thx for you reply, will try today asap!!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:06 PM

Worked great!! no more problems now breaking in the o.s. correctly and getting it to idle good.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:57 PM

Congrats- enjoy!!!!!