Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

JR Venture Set-up

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 07:10 AM
Brutus
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Venture Set-up

HELP!

Has ANYONE successfully set-up the JR Venture CP with an Airtronics Radio Set? I am sure I have overlooked something, I just can not figure out what.

I followed the manual to the "T", but I cannot get things to go in the right direction.

The collective operates backwards (max collective at lowest throttle), and the elevator works backwards (right stick down gives down elevator command, and visaversa).

What have I done wrong? I can't fly this thing untill I get this fixed and it is killing me!
Old 12-30-2002, 12:24 PM
Gary Travis

Default Set up

Sounds like the ccpm values are incorrect, I have not set one up on your radio but have run into this problem before. Your ccpm values are 70 + 70 + and 65 - if you look at the manual on the value for the elevator change it to 70- see if that does it, but before you do that make sure the servo is going in the right direction
Old 12-30-2002, 03:46 PM
Brutus

You hit one of the frustrating parts... I do not see a place to change the elevator change value. The only reference to CCPM on the RD6000 Super is to set the Swash type to CP3F, which I did (three joint balls with the elevator is in the front).

As I was writing this I noticed that in the JR Venture manual the aileron is on the left and the pitch is on the right. In the Airtronics manual it shows them the other way, aileron on the left pitch on the right.

HA! I'll bet if I switch the wires into the radio it will do the trick. Anyone ever seen this before??
Old 12-30-2002, 04:11 PM
Brutus

The Airtronics manual shows Aileron on the Right and Pitch on the Left (pp 71 for anyone who is looking).

Forgive my erroneous redundancy in the previous posting.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:07 PM
Brutus

OK,

Here is the story. It worked to swap the pitch and aileron leads on the receiver. The answer is usually simple.

The servo reverse switches are the same as shown in the JR manual. This is the reverse switch set-up for the Airtronics for the JR Venture CP: EL-Nor, AL-Rev, TH-Nor, RU-Rev, PIT-Nor (These are the settings BEFORE the leads are swapped).
Old 01-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Venture30
My Feedback: (5)

Default Jr. Heli. with rd6000

I don't know what version of rd6000 you have , my instructions have gyro set up on pg. 71 and ccpm on pg. 94 . I had my rd6000 on a Jr voyager E it is the same as venture 30 and i followed the airtronics manual without changes using cp3f settings. The heli flew great so i don't know why your set up dosen't work. I would call airtronics and make sure the radio you have has the ccpm function active before you fly. Later, Dave
Old 01-06-2003, 02:00 PM
Brutus

Default Airtronics Manual

I don't even have a page 94! I have the Airtronics RD6000 Super. The manual has no indication of version, but now I am very curious. Does yours have some note of the version or date of the manual printing. I may have an incomplete or abridged version. I will call them but I am not sure what to ask.

I know the CCPM is working OK, but it would be nice to have a complete full version of the manual!

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-07-2003, 02:12 AM
Venture30
My Feedback: (5)

Default RD6000

Mine dosen't say RD 6000 super. It is just a RD6000 Heli/ air radio that had 5- 322 servos. The instructions manual is a 99 pg. manual , it has airplane, heli. and sailplane on the front cover. You will have to call airtronics and see if all RD6000 radio's have all downloads for ccpm. I am going to put the rd6000 in a venture 30 and should be finished Later i will email you back and let you know settings if you still need them. later, Dave