Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Vigor CS or Fury Extreme

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Vigor CS or Fury Extreme

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 04:58 AM
crbaseball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vigor CS or Fury Extreme

I want to upgrade and i am deciding between the vigor cs or the fury extreme. what is the better deal between the two? i have heard some bad about the vigor's cost of repair but have not seen much on the fury's cost. i basically want to know what machine is the best bang for the buck. thanks
Old 01-03-2003, 05:26 AM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

The Fury all the way. I love my Vigor, but my Fury I love just that much more. The crash cost is a little less with the Fury, but the flight performance is anything but a little less IMPO. I love the way my Fury flies, and will enjoy it as long as it lasts. Seriously, my Fury gets first dibs on fuel. And the last two times I have gone to the field, the Vigor got to stay home. Not to say that the vigor is a bad machine, but the Fury is SUPER SWEET. But that is of course my oppinion only. I say go Fury!
Old 01-03-2003, 05:39 AM
crbaseball

Thanks i was not sure about the cost to repair for the fury but its sounds like an overall better machine and their customer service at MA seems to be good from what i hear.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:40 AM
MonkeyDude

I would go with the Fury because the customer service from Horizon sucks...
Old 01-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Skuzzy

Does MA have a seperate site? I too was thinking about the Fury Extreme, I like JR, but since no scale bodies, I am switching..... Just not sure which one will take the most compatible scale bodies.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Had a Vigor loved it than I found out how much the constant tail drive conversion cost and the Vigor went up for sale. Now I own 2 Fury's and never look back. Love my Fury's so much I changed my name (FuryFlyer)
Old 01-04-2003, 03:00 AM
Buzzin Brian

For what it is worth, I have had GREAT results with Horizon's service. No complaints at all. But I however do have some questionable things I could say about MA service. Like the clutch stack. I would preffer a "you payed for a killer kit. We will fix or replace the clutch stack free of cost. Reguardless if it has failed or not." But that is not the policy. If it fails, they will replace IT. Not what was damaged because of the crash. But that is a mute point now, as the new kits have the fix in the kit. But for us that are waiting to have a problem, we are screwed.

Now I am not trying to back track at all. I love my Fury. It flies better than any other machine I have ever owned. I just wish MA's service was pro customer. Rather than Pro them. But that is my oppinion on that situation.

All being said, I wouldn't let my Fury Expert go right now for anything short of an Extreme. And I mean that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	44971_418.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	27897  
Old 01-04-2003, 03:40 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Originally posted by Buzzin Brian
Like the clutch stack. I would preffer a "you payed for a killer kit. We will fix or replace the clutch stack free of cost. Reguardless if it has failed or not." But that is not the policy. If it fails, they will replace IT. Not what was damaged because of the crash. But that is a mute point now, as the new kits have the fix in the kit. But for us that are waiting to have a problem, we are screwed.
I con't agree more, I just got a new Fury Extreme and I don't know if I should spend the money to fix that or not? When the vigor had the swash plate problem they exchanged it for a new one. Why can't MA do that???
Old 01-04-2003, 04:13 AM
Buzzin Brian

Probably because that would require publicly admiting that there is a problem. Which at this point is a well known FACT. So dealing with it at this point IMPO would make them look even better than they do. But not dealing with it at all, with out a failure is not in the customers best interest at all if you ask me. I still love the machine, but the lack of resolve with this situation does have me a little peaved. Piss poor service if you ask me. But I still will be keeping my Fury. Now if the stack fails, and it goes in? This post might just change. Know what I mean?
Old 01-06-2003, 10:18 PM
89X-Cell60

My service with MA has been great! I have a '94 X-Cell 30 with bent frames and found out 2 weeks ago that the reason that I always had a tight collective was that the head block was not drilled on center. It was off by .25mm, just enough to cause the mixing base to hang up on the guide pins.

Here is my e-mail form Tim:
"Hi David,
If you would like the part replaced, send it to me. Otherwise, you can roll
400 GMT sand paper into a tube and releive the inside.

Happy Holiday!

Tim"

I sent the original back last week, and should have the new one soon.

I'm sticking with MA

David