Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

super 7 radio?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 02:04 AM
seacat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super 7 radio?

I'm trying to learn helis. I have a super 7A radio and want to confirm with an experienced pilot that it will work for basic functions. Anything it will NOT do? I want to use it on a beginner 30 size like a raptor or century. I know a new radio would be nice but would like to use this one for a while.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Steve Campbell2

Default super 7 radio?

If it is the heli version, and you use a HH gyro, it will serve you well into forward flight and beginning aerobatics. The Super Seven was a great radio for it's time. It was my first computer radio.

But a "7A" sounds like the plank version. That would definitely NOT work.

Steve
Old 01-06-2003, 03:04 PM
seacat

Default super 7 radio?

It is a super 7 just the airplane version with switches identified for airplanes. The menu has heli options. You can set throttle and pitch curves.........I think :-)
Thanls for your reply!
Old 01-06-2003, 06:38 PM
sratzo

Default super 7 radio?

This may help. Here's the link.
http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-7u-q498.html

7U Super had programming for heli, aircraft, and glider. 7U was shipped as either 7UA, which has aircraft programming only, or 7UH, which has heli programming only. No 7U shipped with full sailplane programming.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:04 AM
Dyehard

Default super 7 radio?

About the only real difference between the "Super" 7U and the newer 8u Futabas was one less channel and one less mix in heli mode. All the basic functions are the same. The switchs on your aircraft version for idle up and throttle hold will be on opposite sides of the transmitter from the heli version, but that is also true of the newer radios. I flew a heli vesion of the 7U super until I switched to the 9Z, there was never enough difference between the 7U super and the 8U for me to want to trade up to the 8U. While I would suggest getting a heli radio just so the switchs will be in the right location and make getting help easier, as long as you are willing to live with the switches where they are, the radio will in no other way hold you back. As it has the same five pount curves as the newer radios you can do all the basic aerobatics with it that you can with them. The only real problem I can see is if you decide to try a heli that needs CCPM mixing, I don't believe any of the 7 series had that.