Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

tsk mystar 60

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 06:39 AM
reefguy
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tsk mystar 60

hello, i purchased a used ms60, preivous owner dropped heli and broke couple of parts, it does have a ys91ac(4-stroke), which has a broke part of the cyclinder head where the air chamber meet,(115.00 repl.) it has all the clutch, fan, motor mount and so on for 91ac, so i was wondering if i was to switch over to another
heli engine besides the same one, which ones could i use, but use the same accesories for the ya91ac. thanks...
Old 01-24-2003, 03:37 PM
Steve Campbell2

Default tsk mystar 60

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you purchased a pig in a poke. Not only has TSK been out of business for several years, the MyStar 60 four-stroke conversion is almost unheard of.

You will need quite a few new parts to use a two-stroke engine. Mount, shroud, main gear/clutch pinion, are just a few that come immediately to mind. I'm just about sure you'll need new lower frames as well.

The OS 91 Surpass four stroke might work with your existing gearing, but the machine would be a dog, since that engine has far less grunt than the YS. In fact, TSK produced a kit to put the OS 91 in a MyStar 46, and it was a perfect match.

If anyone can help you, this guy can. Call Silas Kwok at (650) 591-0888.

Steve
Old 01-24-2003, 03:41 PM
reefguy
My Feedback: (14)

Default ms60

thanks. for your insight and reply.