Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Silicon tubes and heat

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Decoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silicon tubes and heat

I have the Shuttle Plus, and if I install the fuel silicon tube from the fuel tank to the motor it will touch the motorblock. Is the motor block getting so hot that the tube will melt, or is it heat resistant?
Old 01-24-2003, 12:25 PM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

You can usually route your tubing I use the blue tubing that is heat resistant to roughly 450 degrees. I really prefer to have it not touch any engine components when possible, but usually just the blok should not get near as hot as the head would. Most of the blue line Is heat resistant...
Old 01-27-2003, 09:11 AM
Galifrey

The fuel tube is supposed to pass out through the frames and back in again using the 2 holes on the right side of the frame...

The bent tube fits here to facilitate fueling.... You should replace this bent tube with a fuel filter...

Hope this helps