Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Something to brag about...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Something to brag about...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:44 PM
CXela22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something to brag about...

Ok, so I had to put up with a E-Flite Blade CX and CP. The CX just quit working, and the CP was frusturating.

So, for the holidays, all I asked for was the T-Rex. Well, we had a housefire so we wern't shure if we could even afford the frame.

So in the garage where some of my friends and I meet up weekly to play simulators, the guy from the hobby shop was there with a fully assembled T-Rex, flight tested, several carbon fiber blade replacements, plastic blade replacements, a JR controller. Then he flew it in the grage. Because of the two simulator pods, it was probably half the size of a 1 car garage. Then he said when the weather clears up, he'd tutor me on how to fly it at the local RC park.
[8D]
Is there anything I should know about the T-Rex 450 SA?
Old 01-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Jellyson

Default RE: Something to brag about...

If you found the CP frustrating, then it is too soon for you to get a TRex of your own. Wait until you crash his a few times first.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:07 PM
CXela22

Thats why im not flying till the snow clears, and I can get trained on how to use it by a professinal! The same one that flew iit in my garage.... hehehe!

BTW its mine, not his. He has his own already!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jellyson

If you found the CP frustrating, then it is too soon for you to get a TRex of your own. Wait until you crash his a few times first.

I will disagree. The CP is about one of the worst helicopters I have ever flown. I find them way underpowered and touchy. I hear the newer model is better and has a bit more power but am NO believer in 2 motors (One on the main - one for the tail)

A properly setup TREX with a bit of weight on the flybar is not too bad and much more stable than any of the (3) CP's I have flown. Just -my- opinion.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Jellyson

ORIGINAL: DebianDog

A properly setup TREX with a bit of weight on the flybar is not too bad and much more stable than any of the (3) CP's I have flown. Just -my- opinion.
Would you do figure eights in a 10x12 living room? I do, with my Blade CPPro.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:05 AM
DebianDog

Then you are probably a good pilot. I think it takes a lot more skill to fly a smaller helicopter well. For instance look how hard Alan Szabo has to work to keep a Mircon in a good hover. This is inside with no wind.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42495885&hl=en

I do not have any helicopter to fly inside but with all my other helicopters I can put the helicopter into a hover and let go of the sticks for a good amount of time. I think my record with the Raptor is 12 seconds. That is setup, trim, and a good flying heli. Not skill
Old 01-04-2007, 10:45 AM
DebianDog

Here is more unsolicited newbie advise about how much $$$ he wasted trying to learn to fly on a BladeCP
Posted By: Dan MacKay Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:05 am http://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?p=233548#233548
Old 01-04-2007, 11:24 AM
AeroDave

CX,
way to go and good for you! I think the Trex is a better learning platform than the micros. Obviously this is a generalization, but I have a night ranger 3D and it just flies weird. The tail doesn't respond like the belt driven tails on the glow helis I've had. It works, but just feels weird. On mine the collective is really sensitive while the cyclic is very slow. And thats with throws increased. THe whole thing just seems unstable and on the verge of disaster. What I've observed of the Trex is that it flies more like a larger heli. While more expensive, I thnk with help you will have an easier time of learning. The blade is probably way better than what I have, but I'm just not sold on that two motor setup. I've seen vids of guys flying them very well and I'm sure as stated above you can get used to them and fly them well, but I think you have been very fortunate.
Best of luck,
Dave
Old 01-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Jellyson

ORIGINAL: DebianDog

That is setup, trim, and a good flying heli. Not skill
My point exactly, I'm no hotshot pilot.
I think a lot of folks who think the BCPP is twitchy and uncontrollable just don't have them set up correctly.

And as far as good trainers go, If I learn to fly on a BCPP and can hover it well, perform basic maneuvers, etc. the go to a TRex, I think I would be in good shape. If I did the same learning on a TRex, I might not be able to fly a BCPP well at all....
Just guessing, obviously I can't do that experiment. But I can stay in practice indoors with the BCPP while my MX400Pro/Trex hybrid gathers dust, waiting for good weather.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:56 PM
smallplanes
My Feedback: (3)

I learned to fly on the blade cp and i think it made me a better heli pilot because of it. I think if you learn to fly a big heli first then you will have a hard time flying the blade cp. I now fly two Trex's (XL,SA) and i also fly two Evo 50's and i just got my son a blade cp for Christmas to learn on. If you can fly a blade cp then you can fly any heli very good , stick with it.

Hope learn soon
Old 01-09-2007, 06:57 PM
CXela22

Hey, IM SAYIN this dude came over, and flew it in a space 3x3x6.
Keep in mind the trex is 1hp. This dude that im going to learn from isnt to be underestamated!

With all due respect, you really should learn off of a big heli. Thoes are what tournoments (that matter) require, like Taiwan and $50k. Again with all due respect, It is very fragile, so its hard to train on (I gave up and bought G3) and costs alot. I could understand that the Pro is the way to go, but the origonal is very hard to work with.

Personaly, I know its possible to fly it. I have. I flew it with a Thunder Power battery, and could manage to completely hover it for 10 seconds.

Then school kicked it. Couldnt fly it.

Weekend came when there wasnt too much homework. My CX was bein weird, it couldnt go off the ground. I charged the thunder power, grabed it and went to the school (i dont go to it, it has a large baseball feild). I powered it up, it was very very sensitive, and finaly pummeled into the ground, breaking it in half.

Is it worth fixing, or should I train on the trex and forget about it for a while?