Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Strange questions still

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 07:30 PM
CXela22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange questions still

CP, took alot of repairs but i think everything mechanical is (decently) balenced. But.... I hook up the servos according to the manual. It is solid red, idle up on or off. Any ideas of whats going on? Everything electronical is the same, including the battery. Anything I hook up wrong, or anything like that? (EDIT Dont forget that the throttle trim is at the bottom, the motor speed stops as bottom, the intena is all the way up and screwed in correctly, and batteries read full power.
Some more details are: I get full elevator and pitch, as if you started in idle up. If i missed a detail, to simply put it, I have full controll of everything BUT the motors (main and single tail to be exact, no modifications yet).

BCX still bein strange, i may just send it in to horizon hobby or something. My local RC experts cant figure it out, neither can I, its almost like its beyond repair. I got it checked out localy: Everything IS indeed perfectly balenced, the battery is new, has sucsessfuly been used before, and is fully charged, the motor is new as well. I know I recived advice on breaking it in, but i dont see how that could be it. Every part besides the servos are new and perfectly in place, but it refuses to fly! It is very strange, so again i may just send it into Horizon Hobby or something.

About the CP, I would like to recive some advice, as I donot understand why it will not activate the motor (confirmed via manual photo it is plugged in correctly). Advice would be very appreciated!

About the CX, If you have an oppinion on what may be going on (its perfect but wont fly basicaly), feel free to post your oppinon. Id value it very much!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
mrasmm

Default RE: Strange questions still

hrm, sounds like you know the idle up issue, is your throttle trim all the way down as well as your throttle? is the servo mixing channel on the throttle down? Does your Tx have good batteries in it and is the antenna all the way up? Are the crystals properly seated and is the antenna screwed all the way in?

Not sure what you are talking about as far as the BCX, but check and make sure that the grub screws are tight that hold the gears to the shaft, and make sure that there isn't any binding and everything is lubed up properly and your battery is reading 8.4v when you put it on the heli.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:11 PM
CXela22

Yep, throttle trim is all the way down, batteries are completely new, and antenni is all the ways up. Ill check the crystal.

Lubrication.... hmm... maybe... collar screws (ill doble check, i always make sure on thoes but they may be the wrong ones), batteries, interesting ill experement that.

Keep posting ideas, I value mrasmm's advice and ill try it out, but im not sure what is going on! Theyre both acting very strangely. My Trex requres complete dissasembly and reasembly... so i need SOMETHING to fly meantime lol! Its not very windy right now, perfect weather... not much longer till its not!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:47 PM
mrasmm

hrm, check and make sure that the throttle servo switch on the Tx is down, also make sure that your throttle is in channel 3 and your rudder to channel 4 and the ground (the black wire) is to the rear of the heli. If the LED is red and the motors are not working, for some reason the heli isn't arming, and the only reason I've seen that it wont do that is that somehow the throttle is not at 0

hrm, good luck =)
Old 09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
DVI

Try to break it down a little. Unplug the main and tail motor's from your ESC. Then plug in your battery and see if your ESC will arm.
If not, unplug one servo at a time and try again. I have had a bad servo in the past that would not allow my ESC to arm.
Good Luck!
Old 09-04-2007, 05:52 PM
CXela22

Interesting.... ill try that too! Thanks!

(keep posting lol)
Old 09-17-2007, 04:33 PM
delvallejr

CXela22,

I didn't notice in this trhead if the motors are spinning, but you did say that everything was perfect with te CX2, it just wont fly. So I am assuming (oops) that it is and the heli is repsonding to all inputs with the exception of actual lift-off. Have you replaced the blades recently? Is it possible that you placed the upper main blades on the bottom and the bottom main blades on the top?

If you have already found the solution to your problem, however, please post. Somebody else maybe experiencing the samething you are.

Happy Flying!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:33 PM
delvallejr

Old 09-22-2007, 03:37 PM
CXela22

ORIGINAL: delvallejr

CXela22,

I didn't notice in this trhead if the motors are spinning, but you did say that everything was perfect with te CX2, it just wont fly. So I am assuming (oops) that it is and the heli is repsonding to all inputs with the exception of actual lift-off. Have you replaced the blades recently? Is it possible that you placed the upper main blades on the bottom and the bottom main blades on the top?

If you have already found the solution to your problem, however, please post. Somebody else maybe experiencing the samething you are.

Happy Flying!
(renember its the CX1)

Yep, the motors are spinning, everything perfect, but it wont fly. yep, It responds to the inputs correcyly. I have rpeplaced the blades, and they are in the right place.

Still havent figured it out.

Although, thank you for reminding me to input these variables into the problem!
For the input, possibly the speed, i donno. homework hell, once i catch a break ill experement with that!

as for the CP,
Still bein weird (same problem), but i havent had time to experiment