Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Vario Helicopters????

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Diverig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vario Helicopters????

Hello

How good are the Vario Big Airwolf kits and mecanics?

I am looking for a new project, somthing in a Airwolf or Dauphin body.

Any advice or other companies?

Thanks
Old 05-05-2003, 08:01 PM
jcanter
My Feedback: (8)

Default Dauphin

I have the Vario Dauphin with gasser mechanics and it was a pleasure to build and fly would'nt give it up for nothing
Old 05-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

Quality is a non issue with Vario. There stuff is quite nice. The olny thing that ever worried me about the big airwolf is that it is made of carbon fiber. Which is not only exspensive. But carbon fiber shields the radio frequency. So there is a factor of blocking the radio signial that I have never felt I could trust. I know there are severall of them around. It just bothers me enough not to put over $5000 into one. Just to smash it over something like that. But man is it a sweet machine. Good luck.

Oh, and I might be preswaded to sell you my Vario Tiger project.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:44 PM
edg

I've had and have built some Vario's: BK117, Bell 47G and Huey. The kits are great in general. However, there's a BIG BUT: the documentation is positively, absolutely rotten. If you have never done a scale project before I would HIGHLY advise you to do some research and maybe reconsider.

The quality of documentation varies from kit to kit. For the BK-117 all I got was: 1 big blueprint. That's it. Not much in the way of text. And what text there was was in German The BK-117 isn't one of thier easier ones. The Bell 47G had several typed pages. However, it was adequate for this kit since it's a pretty easy one.

I'm guessing the Airwolf is probably one of the harder ones to build. You might want to check first and ask what kind of instrcutions it comes with. Vario seems to assume a certain level of knowledge on the part of the builder, and that level isn't beginner.

-edg-