Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Which Heli?

Old 06-07-2008, 03:01 PM
meikle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Heli?

Hi guys,
I'm gonna buy a new heli & would like the opinion of which heli YOU think is the best,

CENTURY 400GL
BELT-CP
WALKERA 60
WALKERS68
FALCON 400

Cheers
Colin
Old 06-07-2008, 06:18 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Which Heli?

My personal opinion, Belt-CP.
RTF + tail servo + CF paddles, futaba 240 and futaba radio gear = http://youtube.com/watch?v=KAv7hajTE4Y [That ain't me that's someone who helped me having the piece of plastic so called an rc helicopter off the ground]
Buy an ARF, get some servos and radio gear +gyro it's cheap and has really good performance. (At least to me)

I bought RTF cause i was a noob and I regret it deeply as I swap out many stuff.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:37 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say to get a ARF also. You get the fun of putting it together, as well as a little frustration. When you pick and choose the parts, you can get better parts then what is usually included in a package deal. Not that the RTF helicopters are bad, you can just put together a better setup out of pieces.

Of what you have listed I would say a Belt CP or Falcon. I have the HBK2 and have a lot of fun with it. It is a good all around helicopter and parts are all over the place. If you are looking at the Belt CP, check out jaghobbies dot com for any Esky stuff.

Dru.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:22 PM
cli8m

I would also put my vote with the HBK2.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:48 PM
GAU-8

do you mean falcon 40? or is there a falcon 400 ou there that i am not aware of?

i own three helicopters that are essentially the SAME helicopter (actually there are 9! different brands of the "same" helicopter..but rebadged)

VENOM'S "NIGHT RANGER II"

EF'S "SABER"

and EXCEED'S "FALCON 40"

if you have the money, get the the HB-KING 2, OR the BELT!

with all honesty the falcon 40 is crap. did it help me to fly? yes. problem is that it is VERY TWITCHY, parts are cheap (but there are a ton of mods out there for it) luckily replacement parts for it are cheap too (thats why i have "3" helis now..so many spares, its crazy) and the 4in1's go up in smoke with little effort.

falcon 40 is like the next step up for a child who has mastered a "pico Z" helicopter, and the parents want to get something better, but not break the bank..while knowing the child will lose interest. it is a FUN heli..just because we try to mod it to do things like the bigger ones operate. save the money and get a HB-K2 or the BELT. saves a lot of money in the long run
Old 06-11-2008, 05:15 AM
tjmackey

You forgot to mention the mini titan and the trex 450, I think these are worth putting on the list