Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

How does this look ?

Old 06-27-2010, 10:45 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does this look ?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9388
And if any good my question is what am I looking at spending for the motor, servos, radio gear, electronics, batteries and how difficult would it be for someone with no rc heli experience to put this together.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:16 AM
evan-RCU

Default RE: How does this look ?

Do not get this!!!!

It is cheap and not worth what it costs.

Many of the parts have to be replaced to get a safe helo and the kit does not even come with instructions. Get a genuine Align Trex helo. They assemble without issu, come with all the parts you need except for the transmitter, receiver, and flight battery. And even instructions. There are many "clones" on the market that say they are a copy of Align helos but none are of the same quality or even come with instructions.

Once you have some buiilding experience a clone may be appropriate but at this point you don't have the knowledge to know what is right or wrong with a clone and it could end up being very dangerous.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:17 PM
RCKindaGuy

Igo by the old addage that "you get what you pay for" ANDthe one "if it sounds to good to be true, it is". Iwould be very leary about a T500 size heli out-the-door at $40.

HOWEVER, looking at the cup half-full....even it it turns out to be a POSyou would only be $40 into it. It might be just something you could do for giggles and do a thorough teardown and build-up to certify it is flyable and then take her up or start upgrading select parts. Though Ihave never experienced this with RCstuff there have been times in my life where Iboughtclones of things(musical gear) that by all stretches ofthe imagination were promising to be downright dogs but instead they turned out to be near equivalent to the real things and sometimes even better.

As FORRESTGUMPso eloquently stated: "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get"
Old 08-30-2010, 10:02 PM
poison

I know some one that flew one of these hobbyking helicopters and they like it but there is usally aways a but with cheap stuff he had problems with the tail staying in place he endend up crashing it because of it. Also heard bad things about the main gear on these, I also heard for the price its a good starter oneway to look at is you could spend have the money and put it together and if you do crash you don't have as much in it as you would a trex. But if you buy a trex you would get your money worth, if your a beginner I would highly sugest a simulator than start out with training gear GOOD LUCK TO YOU
Old 09-03-2010, 11:37 PM
dude7422

its a good heli to learn on some parts need swaped out or moded ...
you will just trash a good heli till you get much stick time
if you can fix a bike chain or check oil on a car you can work on rc
Old 09-07-2010, 07:59 PM
B.T.D.T.

I was told by a fellow pilot who brought clones, that in the end, it will cost you more in the long run. You will need to replace most of the parts with Trex parts to make this OK.

If you just want to fly and crash it, yes 40 is a great price to get your feet wet into this hobby.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:10 PM
dude7422

BTDT helllo the align parts are in the same factory as clones the clones get A- or less parts
were the align get A+ parts no flaws i have seen clones come with parts marked with align logo
in the plastic i bought a aluminum fly bar cage 3.00 the same fly bar cage in align 19.99
but HAY ITS YOUR MONEY not for me to tell you how to spend it ya kool aid
Old 09-08-2010, 06:26 PM
B.T.D.T.

I was told by a fellow pilot who brought clones
Interesting, clones are seconds that did not make the first cut. That does make sense.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 PM
sellers11535

ive got one the only 2 things ive changed is the main berring blocks to alum and the blade grips to alum
heli hovers great just learning forward flight.

ive got 235 in mine. ive crashed once and it cost 25 to fix. its up flyn again do the with a trex and it 150 to fix
if you use one of these to learn and progress then get a good one it only makes sence it cheaper in the long run....

UNLESS YOU GOT A MONEY TREE SOME WHERE

Old 09-23-2010, 01:37 PM
evan-RCU

This is absolutely false. The clones are not made of the same materials, at the same factories, or by the same people as the Aligns are.

ORIGINAL: dude7422

BTDT helllo the align parts are in the same factory as clones the clones get A- or less parts
were the align get A+ parts no flaws i have seen clones come with parts marked with align logo
in the plastic i bought a aluminum fly bar cage 3.00 the same fly bar cage in align 19.99
Old 09-23-2010, 01:38 PM
evan-RCU

You may have a 500 flying for under $300 but I'll be it doesn't fly anywhere as good as my box stock Trex.

ORIGINAL: sellers11535

ive got one the only 2 things ive changed is the main berring blocks to alum and the blade grips to alum
heli hovers great just learning forward flight.

ive got 235 in mine. ive crashed once and it cost 25 to fix. its up flyn again do the with a trex and it 150 to fix
if you use one of these to learn and progress then get a good one it only makes sence it cheaper in the long run....

UNLESS YOU GOT A MONEY TREE SOME WHERE

Old 09-24-2010, 10:09 PM
KCinNC

look at the EXI 500 from xheli.....

[link]http://www.xheli.com/exi500.html[/link]
Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 PM
dude7422

ORIGINAL: evan-RCU

This is absolutely false. The clones are not made of the same materials, at the same factories, or by the same people as the Aligns are.

ORIGINAL: dude7422

EV you say may statement is false i dont not remember who had the photo that showed the align logo... in a non align part ,,
noobflyer or someone had a photo that you could see that the ALIGN LOGO IS NOTHING MORE THEN A MOLD INSERT (((((((((evan you do know what a mold insert is dont you )))))))))) hek i bet money align makes the darn clones just for the perps that are not credit card flyers ..clones sales sure has not hurt align
Old 09-30-2010, 12:35 PM
dude7422

ORIGINAL: RCKindaGuy

As FORREST GUMP so eloquently stated: ''Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get''

if you buy a box of candy .. it tells you what the candy is on the side of box WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU ATE CANDY unless you get you candy from the the dollar store and even then its on the box you just need to read
Old 09-30-2010, 01:18 PM
evan-RCU

Dude, they are not made in the same factory by the same people... just because you or someone says it does not make it true, sorry.

BTW I really like your polished 450, very nice.