Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Stuck Hands

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Stuck Hands

I'm shure someone mentioned this before, anyway,I had a bottle of Thin CA and I was trying to transfer the contents of it to another bottle. Well, Somehow I lost control of the bottle,and pored at least half of the bottle all over my left hand,and without thinking I grabbed the bottle with my right hand and got alot on my right hand. By the way,it burned like hell! So I didn't have a day of building,rather,spent the day cleaning my hands.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:36 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Back about 35 years ago, I had a job where I worked the night shift. I would have one night off per week and every other weekend off. On my nights off during the week I would just stay up all night because sleeping would mess me up for the next night.
One night I was building a large scale Guillows kit on the table of my apartment and super-glued the thumb and forefinger of my right hand together. Of course, I did NOT have any nail polish remover around. So I had to walk to the convenience store about a half block away at 3:00 in the morning with my fingers glued together. I got some nail polish remover and went up to the counter to pay for it. Trying to get a wallet out of your right rear pants pocket with your thumb and forefinger glued together is not the easiest thing in the world to do!
I could tell the clerk was trying not to laugh. He just asked me "Glued your fingers together, huh?"
I just said "Yeah."
Old 09-17-2017, 04:17 PM
My Feedback: (2)

X: Hello. Is this 444-4444?
Y: Why, yes it is. May I help you?
X: Could you please call 911? I've super-glued my finger to the telephone!
Old 03-18-2019, 04:08 AM
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One day I was mounting new tires on rims for my big off road truck.
Holding the rim in my left hand, applying pressure to the tire while letting the CA run between the wheel and tire the CA ran down my hand gluing all but thumb and index fingers together, gluing my little finger to my shirt and my shirt to my chest.
Had several bottles of de-bonder on hand so no sweat there but destroyed another shirt.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:15 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Recently I had a plastic pipette laying on my building table and some how it fell on to the floor. I stepped on it and ended up sticking my left shoe to the floor. I love those things but they sure can be a pain in Arse! ha

Last edited by mkjohnston; 03-21-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:04 PM

I was going over to a friends house when I was a kid to build something. I had a bottle of CA in my pocket. The top popped off while I was riding my bike there. I reached in to get it out and glued my hand into my pocket.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:21 AM

ahahah this is a good one! Take care then
Old 10-04-2021, 08:22 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I spelled some thin super glue on my finger, a lot actually. My finger started to burn like holy h*ll. So I stuck it in my mouth to cool it. Did not work but my finger was glued to my tongue but good. That was my ah sh*t moment.
So I went across the street to my neighbors. When she opened the door, she took one look at me and said you glued your finger to your tongue didn't you. I mumble uh uh. She started laughing so hard she ended up on the floor in hysterical laughter. I wanted to kick her (didn't).

And then when my wife got hoe the laughing started all over again.

Took hours before my tongue and finger part, and not the best of buddy's. Food tasted nasty for week.

Some days you should just stay in bed and sleep all day.

Ken
Old 10-24-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by F4 Phantom blue angles
I'm shure someone mentioned this before, anyway,I had a bottle of Thin CA and I was trying to transfer the contents of it to another bottle. Well, Somehow I lost control of the bottle,and pored at least half of the bottle all over my left hand,and without thinking I grabbed the bottle with my right hand and got alot on my right hand. By the way,it burned like hell! So I didn't have a day of building,rather,spent the day cleaning my hands.
good luck
Old 03-31-2022, 04:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-19-2023, 08:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I managed to glue my eye shot once,... don't ask.

Jason
Old 03-01-2023, 08:24 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 281 Likes on 243 Posts

Almost makes me glad I can't handle CA fumes and have to Titebond.