Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Muffler bearings problem, please help!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Muffler bearings problem, please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:35 AM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Muffler bearings problem, please help!!!

ok, i've read every reply here and can't believe no one has mentioned about changing the air in your tires, in case you not aware of it but when air is confined inside a round object such as a tire, the air molecules begin to age at different rates, the older more heavier molecules will then settle to the bottom of the tire causing an "out of balance" condition, which creates major problems, one is sub supersonic vibration waves, which travel up the frame where they collide with vibration waves coming down from the engine, the two waves meet at the muffler bearing, vibrating the gease out. now these waves will also move through the frame and and into the receiver, then travel down the radio wave link back to the controler causing the dreaded "DTS" better known as "DUMB THUMB SYNDROME" so it is wise to change the air each time before you operate your rc vehicle or plane
Old 10-11-2008, 08:18 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had forgotten all about that one! Wait till I see my Newbie brother-in-law again. Heehee
Old 10-12-2008, 10:12 PM
X-RAY VISION

Ok, I tried all the fixes, I also went as far as soaking them in a mixture of light oil, blinker fluid, and prop wash, then hung them on a sky hook overnight to dry. when I put the bearings back in they still had some play so I cut up some pieces of E string off my air guitar to make spacers so they fit tighter in the bearing race. The muffler bearings worked great for one flight. on the second flight the vibration was so bad the knibblin pin fell out of the wobblin-shaft, the destronificator is making a funny noise and the most anoying of all, the carburetor belt keeps comming off what do I do now??[:@]
Old 10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
rgm762

back up ten and punt
Old 10-12-2008, 11:09 PM
saucerguy
Banned

Only in La do we get that problem, you have checked the quark modulator I take it?

rgm762, what results do you normally get when you use the punting technique? I've been told by the old timers here that it's the best remedy when you are in a jam and simply need them fixed now. I know, I'm being cautious but it's always good to learn from the experts with matters like this. Do you have vid or some tutorial on properly punting these?

Welcome to the board X-Ray
Old 10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
rgm762

take ten steps back from the flight line, hold plane that has been frustrating you aprox. waist level. drop, kick plane with as much force as possible, you will have imediate relief, feelings of great satisfaction, great accompishments, sensations you've never felt before, you are king of the world, until you realize that you must take the plane home in pieces and explain to wife how a bunch of balsa wood kicked your a^^
Old 10-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Bigblueflyboy

I am surprised that no one has thus far mentioned an appropriate remedy that will defenitely cure your bad bearing problems forever. I tried this and it works so good that I have been using it on all my problem aircraft parts. All you need is a large GLASS bottle, say a gallon size - maybe you ate the pickles from it, then fill it with muriatic acid, insert parts, leave them there for a good week and when you go check on the problem you will notice it has dissapeared for good!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:21 AM
larryf333

Craziest junk ever. My mother-in-law put Power Steering fluid in the power steering fluid reservoir on her 99 Ford Taurus. Guess what, even though the cap says "Power Steering Fluid" on the reservoir, and we found this out the hard way, it is actually supposed to take Dexron III Automatic Transmission Fluid for the Power steering system. Now we have a bad power steering pump and the rack and pinion is leaking and Ford says they won't do anything about it. That is the most retarded thing I have ever seen. If it takes Tranny fluid, why not label the cap accordingly in order to keep this kind of thing from happening. No wonder I never liked Fords and no wonder they are going under with the rest of the industry. Jeez, I better go check, this car might actually have Muffler Bearings, blinker fluid and light oil.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Arceenut

[size=2]Another thing to keep in mind - The standard transmissions on some ford vehicles takes automatic transmission fluid as well. Also make sure the headlights are lubricated NOT with transmission fluid but a good grade of light oil.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 PM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

Does anyone know why kamikaze pilots wore helmets? Or where the crystal plugs into my new 2.4 reciever?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:58 PM
victorzamora

I'm having a problem of my own! One problem is that my piston return spring is faulty. I don't know what to do about it. I've been thinking about letting it soak in a bucket of steam over night. Do y'all think that'll work?

Another question I have is do y'all think that 20-weight primer is enough, or should I use something heavier? I forgot to mention that this is to used the last bit of my striped paint on my muffler bearings. You know, muffler bearings that match your spinner, cowling, and wheel pants help performance by up to 20%...and I paid a lot of money for that striped paint!!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:44 AM
psb667

This is a bit off topic but do you guys know where i can get a 6x9 hole saw and a new windshield wiper for a ducks ass
Old 12-19-2008, 08:19 AM
larryf333

Ya'll won't believe this,

I went to a local garage to have my car checked out and asked them to rotate my tires while the car was there. The young guy behind the counter said, "I would not recommend rotating the tires due to the fact that you will reverse the polarity of two of the tires." I cracked up and he looked at me like I was crazy. I told him he had to be joking, but this guy was serious. I'd understand if I had directional tires, but they were normal symmetrical tires. Needless to say, I took my car and went home right away. I should've told him it would be alright as long as he changed the air in the tires afterwards and adjusted the muffler bearings in about an 1/8th of a millimeter...

I still crack up everytime I pass the garage.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:44 AM
LSF2298

I did that and it made the engine run rough. I reversed the battery leads and it was as good as new.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:10 AM
wcmorrison

Do you think you can fix a muffler bearing with a wooden welding rod?

Cheers,

Chip
Old 12-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Chickenthief

Here's the solution to all problems:

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=10
Old 12-28-2008, 10:12 PM
KW_Counter

Sometimes I'll walk into a restaurant and there clearly will be only myself and one other person, yet they insist to ask, how many is in our party. I quickly blurt out some big number, like 40 and they stand there shocked knowing full well, they can't handle that amount of people at once. You should try that some time for a good laugh.

My favorite response is "All of us."

KW_Counter
Old 02-08-2009, 10:37 AM
prophecypilot
My Feedback: (19)

I've been to every parts store around and no one has a distributor cap and rotor button for my 7.3 powerstroke. Anyone know where to find one?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 PM
AJsToyz

I lost my compression and was hoping they would have a can. Oh well .....
Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 PM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: prophecypilot

I've been to every parts store around and no one has a distributor cap and rotor button for my 7.3 powerstroke. Anyone know where to find one?

I'm having the same problem trying to find sparkplugs and wires for mine
Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 PM
killerpancake01

im having the same problem with my blinker fluid.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:06 AM
AJsToyz

I've had trouble with my brakes. Seems I've been using a low grade brake fuel and it goes through quite a bit. Is there any premium brake fuel out there so I do not have to use so much ??

Andy
Old 02-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Ram Jet

ORIGINAL: saucerguy

I'm glad at least some of you guys have a sense of humor. Sometimes I get to these boards and people are so uptight, I just don't want to bother reading. These are toys we are dealing with, and for me at least, when I'm enjoying this hobby, I feel like a kid again. For those that don't have the sense of humor, get one....... I remember what it was like to filter through the terminology, this is one of the reasons the RTF scene remains so prominent, they simply give up trying to learn what most of us take for granted. We also tend to have different opinions on a great number of things, planes and gear wise, this adds to the confusion for the new pilot. One thinks there are muffler bearings, you gotta admit, is going to be absolutely clueless about anything else. Oh, and here is a vendor for them BTW. http://www.unbelievablerc.com/detail.php?pid=16

Thanks, my muffler on my brushlees electric RC25D was making all sorts of rattling noises at speed. I'll order some new bearings.

Bill
Old 02-12-2009, 09:36 PM
JetCrazyCanada

Don't forget the oxygen oil and magnetic compass headings. Aircraft mechanics will know what I'm talking about.

JetCrazyCanada
Old 02-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Ram Jet

ORIGINAL: JetCrazyCanada

Don't forget the oxygen oil and magnetic compass headings. Aircraft mechanics will know what I'm talking about.

JetCrazyCanada

I'm hip J.C.C. My great great uncle William (Billy) Avery Bishop got the nickname of "The Kid That Couldn't Miss" because of the genetic infusion of the magnetic compass attuitiveness, not unlike Canadian Geese, that it is said his forefathers has certain relationships with.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.