Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Best RC'ers Wife comment...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Best RC'ers Wife comment...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best RC'ers Wife comment...

I thought I'd start a post about comments made by the wives of my fellow RCer's

Here are a few REAL and unedited conversations between me and my precious beloved wife... (ha ha)

1. WhenI met her, I had not flown RC's for over10 years - and was in the peak of my model train obsession...

After almost 18 months of purchasing "I promise this will be lastthe one" Locomotives at $500 a pop... I started back in the hobby with an Esky Co Axial Heli and a Starmax F-18..

When I told her the cost of the two combined was less than the cost of a single locomotive she said..

Well done hubby, I'm so proud of you..

2. A month later, now with 3 heli's and 2 more planes she said - "I think for every new plane you get you should buy me a DIAMOND"

I said, "You know what honey, you are right, that is only fair.. you should have diamonds of equal value to the planes I buy.."

She said, "That would be nice Darling"

I said, "How much did we pay for your engagement ring?"

She told me the figure... I said "Thats great Darling, as soon as my planes and helicopters total that value I'll get you another diamond.."

She said "Cool"

I said, "Well since you are already so far ahead, I guess I should go out and buy another plane today.. that way you'll get your diamond sooner...:

3. After buying a Spektrum DX6i and a Futaba 6EX, I thought I'd do a real world range check on the two radios, so I took my darling down to the beach and sat her down with both TX's while I drove down the road until both went out of range.. after 30 minutes of testing and phone calls telling her which stick to push I got back and she said.. "I think you should buy me a coffee now":

I said, you've earned it my dear,. you've earned it..

4.. Now 5 months into my return to RCs, 8 helis and 7 planes... and having discovered LiPo's from HOBBYKING.com - Small brown boxes arriving in the mail almost every second day...

(I am a real world corporate pilot flying a Hawker 900xp) - after a recent work trip with 5 days away from home.. I had just landed at my home base and sent her the following text..

"Landed safe babe... you know, I get twice the pleasure from flying my $200 planes than I do from flying my $20 million dollar plane"

Her instant reply by text was.

"Thats good Darling because we really can't afford $20 million dollar cardboard boxesfrom Hong Kong"

5... My favourite..

After buying my first CP helicopter 2 weeks ago and spending 3 nights in a row experimenting with throttle curves, pitch curves and hovering in the dining room.. (basically neglecting my wife...)

I walked past her as she was patiently sitting in the lounge room watching a DVD..

She said, "I wish I was a Futaba Servo - Maybe then you'd tweak me, plug me in andtest my range of movement"

She won herself a bunch of roses the following day with that comment....
Old 09-05-2010, 12:23 PM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Best RC'ers Wife comment...

Is the world THAT different down under as it is in the states ? How ever many blings it costs you, you'd better keep her !!!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:00 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I'm going to get mine a Futaba T-shirt [>:]
Old 09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
mboland

I always take my darling into the hobby shops with.

We ducked in to one to grab a couple of small items one day. 
While I am at the DuBro wall she is standing in the isle looking at a large box on the top shelf.
When I wandered over she said to me "you would like to fly that one, wouldn't you?" pointing at a rather large Phoenix Bulldog bipe.
Well the answer should be obvious.
What do think I would have said?

So we are paying for said model when she turns to me, and asks thoughtfully, "you'll need a motor for this, won't you?"

I just love going shopping with her 
Old 09-05-2010, 06:09 PM
outdoorhunting

Man !!!! It's gotta be the air down there !! My wife don't say anything when " I drag another plane home". But she ain't THAT understanding!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm moving to Australia
Old 09-05-2010, 11:36 PM
vicman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You couldn't handle it![X(]
Old 09-06-2010, 07:38 AM
outdoorhunting

Sure would be a lot of fun trying !!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 PM
aerofly0610

I'm building a set of GP floats in my garage.  As I'm heading out.. wife, "Where are you going?"

Me, "To the Garage."

Her, "Oh are you going to work on your floaters?"

Me (short pause), "Yes dear I'm going to work on my floaters."
Old 09-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Rob2160

6.  Last night after changing the wooden blades on my CP heli for sexy black carbon fibre ones..

It was raining and blowing a gale outside so i tested the new blades by hovering in the dining room..  I was excited at the sexy sound the new CF blades made.. and said to my wife..

"how good does that sound??... look how stable it is..."

She said.. "Thats's nice dear, Children, stay away from your father before he chops your heads off with his carbon fibre rotors.."
Old 09-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Rob2160

So on Saturday I bought a Blade 400 Heli

My heli flying consists of basic circuits, figure 8s, rotor turns and an occasional loop..

I was flying it on Monday with my wife filming..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIq3EhMwe9Y

After rewarding her with a coffee and a nice lunch out we went home..

I wanted to show her what the Blade 400 was capable ofin the hands of an expert so I showed her this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FZpTxoxZc

She said.

Oh that looks silly, I prefer the way you fly, you makeit look like a real helicopter.

.... and that's why I married her.... Gotta love Blondes....

Old 09-15-2010, 08:16 AM
rsrogers

Ah the 2 best from mine:

Putting the finishing touches on a new 30% in the shop when the wife walks in - So how much do we have in this one she says (in her own smerky way)??? Retaliating to the smerkyness I tell her.( Guys if theres ever a time to lie to the wife this would be a good one!) Picking up a dowl rod & swirling it around she says " What if I was to Hokus Pokus this thing" & touches the plane with the rod like a witch putting a spell on something. Get the new plane to the field & 10 sec into the first flight guess what - total destruction!!!!
It was actually my fault ( this was another good time to lie but she no longer asks how much we got in them & the hokus pokus has definitely stopped (for fear of life & limb lol)!!!

Dear it looks like I'm going to have to put a propeller on my butt for you to pay me some attention - I look at her butt " Humm Yes Yes" I say. No smerky comment but the look - whew!
Guys if this comment comes up DO NOT mention size of propeller especially if it would take at least a 22"'er to "clear the cowl" - there smarter than we think!!

Ok I said 2 but gotta throw this one in:
A friend had one of the small IFO's (if you dont know what it is you will have to look it up) but the material over the carbon is a silk type stuff. So in aggravating him (& his wife) we called it "Shortys Drawers". Shorty is his wife's nickname. One day he comments I should get a pair of my wifes drawers & make me one - I stupidly say " Yea - I could make a 120 size" - Guys heres another thing NOT TO DO under the "There smarter than we think" thing

Thank Goodness my wife travels all over the country with me to events & shows & likes the hobby & people about as much as I do & we can have fun together!!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Rob2160

I love the "Clear the cowl" analogy..

Oh man.. she would have felt so bad for putting the Hokus on your plane..

Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
rsrogers

YA but the memories!!!
Theres more of those in the hobby besides the first solos, successful maidens etc!!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 PM
skeeter_ca

My son and i came home from flying the other day and told my wife it was a good day. She then asked me "Did you do alot of touch up and landings".

skeeter
Old 09-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Rob2160

Well, I'd give her ten points for effort...

Old 09-19-2010, 10:01 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My first model was a Balsa USA Swizzle Stick with a screaming Fox 40 on it. I had run the engine on the test stand and on my first flight (without any help of course) I told my (then) wife to time the flight so I didn't run out of fuel. Okay... Start the engine, let it go, take off, and of course the ensuing crash. In the quiet of the aftermath the ex-wife says..... "That was eleven seconds." Grrrr.

I built a Butterfly and got help the next time around!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: thailazer

My first model was a Balsa USA Swizzle Stick with a screaming Fox 40 on it. I had run the engine on the test stand and on my first flight (without any help of course) I told my (then) wife to time the flight so I didn't run out of fuel. Okay... Start the engine, let it go, take off, and of course the ensuing crash. In the quiet of the aftermath the ex-wife says..... "That was eleven seconds." Grrrr.

I built a Butterfly and got help the next time around!
That sounds exactly like my first experience... at the age of 15, with a brand new Aeroflyte Nova and OS 15, futaba 4 channel.. It had taken 3 months to build, another 6 weeks waiting for dad to solarfilm the wings..

I turned up at the local club with every intention of getting lessons, they were having a "Glider Competition" that day so no powered aircraft were allowed..

i went home totally dejected and walked to a local park carrying everything myself..

It took off, flew vertically up, then vertically down.. the only thing I remember is that every time I saw it pointing down I'd give it full up elevator, resulting in a totally out of control loop..

After about 5 of these it crashed ungraciously into the ground..

4 weeks later, re built with paddle pop sticks (yes true story).... back to the club and patiently waited for my lessons...

Old 09-30-2010, 03:48 AM
nicelife2010
Banned

First experience? That might be cool
Old 10-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Rob2160

Oh THAT experience never came until the Ripe old age of 18...
Old 10-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Rob2160

Ok.. (MA) rated post to follow..

and EVERYword is TRUE!

In the last week I have taken delivery of 2 TREX 450 (clone)helicopter kits..

The first one was built over two nights and test flown on the 3rd day.

The following 2 nights were spent building the second one

By "nights" I mean from about 1pm until 3am...

So for 5 days my Darling Wife patiently let me do my thing....

But last night shethought "enough is enough.. time for a bit of attention"

After parading past me in sexy red lingerie and getting barely a glance from me, (I was in the middle of balancing the swashplate)

She then turns up holding two of my Coaxial Helis, one over each breast, and said.

"Look Robbie, I'm a Helicopter!"

My response was "Pfftt... Coaxials.." and went back to balancing my swashplate"

She then disappeared and came back with two Sexy looking Carbon Fibre Helicopter rotor blades waving them around like the feathers of a chorus girl and dancing around and tickling me with the carbon blades..

That made me laugh..

But the icing on the cake..

Clutching her breasts.. she said...

"Look Robbie, Futaba Joysticks.. I had them specially flown in from Hobbyking and they arrived in a little brown box!"

The little brown box finally got my attention...!!!.. (nudge nudge wink wink...say no more!)

...and when she was asleep I snuck back out to the TREX...

Old 10-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Mine pointed out that my shop was getting kinda cramped (only 520 square feet) and suggested I build a big one at the back of our property - 30x44, with a 10x30" awning on one ens and a 20x30" on the other....
Old 10-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Rob2160

She's a keeper mate!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:08 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm, with a shop that size it sounds to me like she wants you to build a full scale kit plane so she can fly too!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Wild Child
My Feedback: (7)

Just remember guys.... EVERYTHING IS $50.00. It works for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.