RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Humor (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/)
-   -   hit a bird with plane. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/5014520-hit-bird-plane.html)

freeonthree 01-15-2007 03:40 AM

RE: hit a bird with plane.

I have to say, ever since this thread started, i've been a bit nervous at the field. Seems like every time I fly now, I got birds everywhere, and I find myself looking ahead all the time, more than usual. I've always heard that birds know maneuvers that we don't even dream of, and they usually know what going on around them, so the chance of hittin one is pretty slim, but this thread has me kinda freaked out. Funny how the mind works... If I ever hit a bird, I would feel awful ! I love animals, and we have 5 birds ourselves. I could care less about my planes, they can be replaced, but that little life form, no way !!!

crashland 73 01-15-2007 12:45 PM

I have an old worn ultra stik 60, I use this one to try to hit one when I have it up. Stupid birds, you think by the noise they would know it isnt another bird. When and if I hit one I hope it is at full speed and they hit the prop LOL!

Jlevin 01-16-2007 10:50 PM

/Rant on/
Umm...not sure what to say to that. Frankly, you're being a jerk, apart from violating US Law (it's illegal to kill native birds, even the crows, without a valid permit such as a hunting liscense). And we wonder why our hobby gets a bad rap, I guess I now realize where this is all coming from. What exactly is so LOL about shredding birds with a 18000 RPM piece of aerodynamically-tuned plastic? It's one thing to joke about it, which I'm sure everyone--myself included--does, but to actually attempt to hit a bird with a plane and delight in its being gruesomely ripped to pieces...I've yet to find the humor in that one. Grow up!
No, I'm not an animal rights freak, one of those militant vegetarian PETA activists, or anything like that, I just have respect for the birds which we must share the skies with. WE put the planes up there, the birds had the airspace first, so we have an obligation to make our RC planes peacefully coexist with nature's planes.
Just my $.02
/Rant off/

crashland 73 01-17-2007 12:45 AM

it aint no different than putting a .308 bullet through a coyote's scull. both are great fun and usefull. I am an into animal control, I make sure they dont overpopulate and spread disease plus I eat their flesh and wear their skins.

jmb52760 01-19-2007 09:33 PM

I pronounce this thread officially dead.

Eat it's flesh and wear it's skin.

crashland 73 01-19-2007 10:55 PM

lol, I couldnt resist. Well, we all do, we eat meat and wear leather dont we? I thought it was funny anyway. I like to kid.

lamrob 01-21-2007 11:20 PM

It would be self defense if the bird attack first :)

crashland 73 01-22-2007 09:16 AM

I never thought of that. That is true. We will take that, self defense.

prop planter 02-01-2007 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: freeonthree

If I ever hit a bird, I would feel awful ! I love animals, and we have 5 birds ourselves. I could care less about my planes, they can be replaced, but that little life form, no way !!!

That's absoulutly crazy[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]!! If you care that much about you feathered friends relatives, why even take a chance and fly at all. You obviously wouldn't be able to live with the guilt if you did hit one so sell the planes and take up bird watching for a hobby.

There is nothing more satisfying than seeing "that little life form" turn to a ball of feathers via the 12 gauge!!:D:):D

prop planter 02-01-2007 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Jlevin

/Rant on/
Umm...not sure what to say to that. Frankly, you're being a jerk, apart from violating US Law (it's illegal to kill native birds, even the crows, without a valid permit such as a hunting liscense). And we wonder why our hobby gets a bad rap, I guess I now realize where this is all coming from. What exactly is so LOL about shredding birds with a 18000 RPM piece of aerodynamically-tuned plastic? It's one thing to joke about it, which I'm sure everyone--myself included--does, but to actually attempt to hit a bird with a plane and delight in its being gruesomely ripped to pieces...I've yet to find the humor in that one. Grow up!
No, I'm not an animal rights freak, one of those militant vegetarian PETA activists, or anything like that, I just have respect for the birds which we must share the skies with. WE put the planes up there, the birds had the airspace first, so we have an obligation to make our RC planes peacefully coexist with nature's planes.
Just my $.02
/Rant off/

Remember,,, this is the humor section. Ever hear of a joke?[:-][:-][:-] And just remember when calling someone a jerk: a jerk is a tug, a tug is a boat, boats go on water, water is nature, nature is beautiful, so I'm sure he'll thank you for the compliment[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

prop planter 02-01-2007 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: jmb52760

I pronounce this thread officially dead.

Eat it's flesh and wear it's skin.

Ummmm, don't quit your day job. Your not cut out to be a mortician.;):D;):)

Mickcr 02-01-2007 11:44 PM

Screw pigeons and crows id kill them with out second thought, every ones kills mice and rats and spiders what about them a pigeon is just a rat with wings, why should they be seen differently because they have wings their stiil a pest.

fastguy 02-02-2007 12:21 AM

i get paid to shoot birds sown at my feild i use an air rifle

DavidKirkbride 02-03-2007 07:43 PM

quality :)

knighttwister 02-03-2007 09:01 PM

i can't wrap my mind around intentionally attacking a bird with a model airplane. this is sick behavior. like pulling the wings off flies, or drowning cats. or raping, or murder, or any other activity that brings out the dark side. we model flying things, and revere them. if you want to harm something with an airplane or any other device just to do harm, TURN IT ON YOURSELF. YOU FOOL!

crashland 73 02-03-2007 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: knighttwister

i can't wrap my mind around intentionally attacking a bird with a model airplane. this is sick behavior. like pulling the wings off flies, or drowning cats. or raping, or murder, or any other activity that brings out the dark side. we model flying things, and revere them. if you want to harm something with an airplane or any other device just to do harm, TURN IT ON YOURSELF. YOU FOOL!
comparing rape with stupid animals that we either eat or hunt for fun. hmm, yankee much?

knighttwister 02-04-2007 08:41 AM

the stupidity lies with the idea that you can kill for fun. THAT IS WRONG. we burn trees till there are none. we fish till they are gone. animals do not take more than they need. animal populations only grow to what the environment will allow. we keep breeding till there is no more room. we are the stupid ones. people need to learn that we are the caretakers of the world, not the rapists. wake up, or all that will be left are the animals. look around you. observe what you are doing to this planet we all share. you may not be wise enough to listen to what informed prople are saying, so you lower your standards. DEE DE DEE!

125cchyperman 02-04-2007 12:43 PM

Now I have read thw whole page fromt he begging, I was kinda keeping track of the thread as it went along but never realy said anything. Now that I sit back and think about it, I should have said saomehting much earlier. Now I am a hunter, I hunt just about everyhting there is to hunt up here in Pennsylvania. And I love doing so, Yes I shot birds, such as geese, pigeons, doves, ducks and so on. But there is a limit to which I will go, chasing a bird with a plane and intentionally trying to hit it with the prop is just crazy. I mean come on here, besides being illegal, it's just so immature. Now as I said I hunt so by no way am I a PETA person by anymeans. Infact if I had control I would get rid of PETA but some things you just cant do. This is the reason why PETA has come to be and why there are so many rules and regulations now because of people like this who think it's ok to chase birds with a plane. They are up there just doing what they do, yes they can be quite annoying at times but remember, so can people. Jsut because people are annoying you dont shot them or chase them with a rc plane.

Some people just need to grow up, and people who chase birds with planes need to grow up. Now hunting and chasing a bird with a plane and killing them are two totally different things. Now most of you guys are probably young who are doing this so you arent mature enough to understand, but if you guys are above the age of 18 or 19 I feel quite bad for you. Do you not have anything better to do then to chase a bird with a plane. Now having fun is one thing but intentionally hitting a bird with a plane is fun to you then maybe you should get hit with a prop spinning that fast to see how much it hurts. I myself have been hit by a prop while the engine was at idle when I was younger, now it just scraped my finger but man did it hurt.

I guess some people will never really grow up, as far as calling us yankee's so who cares I dont.

knighttwister 02-04-2007 02:26 PM

i think i should apologize for the "YOU FOOL" remark! ;)

125cchyperman 02-04-2007 03:54 PM

you mean what I said or what you said.

prop planter 02-04-2007 08:33 PM

Five canadian geese flying low before sunset fly right by the flying field. I take the old beater 4-* and give chase!!! In no time at all I'm past them, I back off the throttle, roll her on it's side, feed in the up elevator, make a nice u-turn in front of the geese. The geese turn around and head back now. I burn up some sky, and I'm back in the chase. I do this maybe 3-4 times before they won't turn anymore and then the game is over, as they fly into the distance. No broken props, no cut up geese.[:-][:-]

I'm I a bad person for this interaction with nature? I have no intentions of hitting one, I value my plane and equipment to much.

crashland 73 02-04-2007 10:11 PM

as far as peta goes they can stick it. i havent hit a bird yet, but if I do it is no big deal. my chances of doing so are slim anyway. peta is about as smart as the aclu and other organizations like them. i usually eat what i shoot. but there are some that are neusance (spelling) and are not birds, like possums (not opossums like some think) armadillos and groundhogs just to name a few that I do my best to thin out. And many people would pay you around here to rid them. if you have ever heard of eureka springs ark. they have so many outsiders that wont let you hunt deer for so long that most of the deer are cancer ridden. now they want them hunted out. screw them. maybee they will move back to where they came from then we can put things back the way they were. but back to birds, i really doubt there is any chance of thining them out around here. I love to crow hunt, in season or not. I dont eat them either but I guess you can if you want. All things are etible. might be nasty but edible. besides guys this started out to be a funny thread but tree huggers (oops) and most likely gun haters got in the way.

knighttwister 02-04-2007 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: 125cchyperman

you mean what I said or what you said.

i believe i'm the only one to use those words.
;)

prop planter 02-04-2007 10:26 PM

I agree!!! We're all waiting for it now[X(][X(]

knighttwister 02-04-2007 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: crashland 73

as far as peta goes they can stick it. i havent hit a bird yet, but if I do it is no big deal. my chances of doing so are slim anyway. peta is about as smart as the aclu and other organizations like them. i usually eat what i shoot. but there are some that are neusance (spelling) and are not birds, like possums (not opossums like some think) armadillos and groundhogs just to name a few that I do my best to thin out. And many people would pay you around here to rid them. if you have ever heard of eureka springs ark. they have so many outsiders that wont let you hunt deer for so long that most of the deer are cancer ridden. now they want them hunted out. screw them. maybee they will move back to where they came from then we can put things back the way they were. but back to birds, i really doubt there is any chance of thining them out around here. I love to crow hunt, in season or not. I dont eat them either but I guess you can if you want. All things are etible. might be nasty but edible. besides guys this started out to be a funny thread but tree huggers (oops) and most likely gun haters got in the way.

the point of this thread has devloped into this. the act of intentionally hitting a bird with your plane is not funny. morality is the issue here. if you have an issue with that term, may i sugggest scruples? reservations, forethought of the ramifications of one's actions,, making your mother proud for a change!

prop planter 02-04-2007 10:35 PM

You still haven't done it:(:(

knighttwister 02-04-2007 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: bovan

You still haven't done it:(:(
;);););)

now that's funny right there. i don't care who you are.

i sure had to go a long way for THAT one!

prop planter 02-04-2007 10:45 PM

Aahhhh...... the old battle of good and evil. You know whats right, and you want to do what's right. But, pride gets in the way of one correcting his wrong doings.[&o][&o][&o]

thunderbirdlver 02-04-2007 10:51 PM

we always fle win my buddy's field. we didnt know a bird had a nest in the field. i was flying my piper cub park flyer. very nice flyer for me. but its a slow flyer. the bird would dive at my plane. then wayne got out the gas plane. it couldnt catch it! but i was scared the bird would ruin my plane. [sm=omg_smile.gif]

knighttwister 02-05-2007 06:06 AM

ORIGINAL: bovan

Aahhhh...... the old battle of good and evil. You know whats right, and you want to do what's right. But, pride gets in the way of one correcting his wrong doings.[&o][&o][&o]
wisdom takes the lead dpwn the stretch.

prop planter 02-05-2007 09:13 AM

Is it the old Kerry Campaign? Bedazzle with bull *#@% but not really say anything at all?

knighttwister 02-05-2007 06:18 PM

does lucifer believe he is evil?

prop planter 02-05-2007 06:59 PM

look in the mirrior, look past the cover. Is it getting any clearer yet? Or somewere in the dense mystery the truth lies yet covered of years passed along.

125cchyperman 02-06-2007 01:26 AM

See this whole thread started out as I tried to hit a bird with my plane and I did HAHAHAHA. Or something along those lines, did you notice that the guy who originally posted this thread is no longer hanging around here.

It's ok to accidentally hit a bird as it was accidentall, You cant control everything and $h!t happens when you least expect it to. But to intentionally hit a bird with a plane is just down right immature. Now Yes I do shot groundhogs, as there in our yard and in the fields and cause crop damage. Now there's a difference between just killing a animal for whatever reason or to kill it because it's hunting season, causing crop damage which is causing the people that farm those fields there lively hood, to keep people safe so planes can land and take off safely(air fields) and others.

Now that I read what you said most of you did not actually do so and dont really want to, which is good but to intentionally hit a bird with a plane which could not only pain to the bird but another person who is near, because you thought it was funny just isnt worth it. As far as PETA, I dont care about them, there just like tree huggers. I could care less about them.

Bass1 02-06-2007 03:33 AM

Getting back to the original subject, Just the other day I hit a plane with my bird.. Dag on , she hates that!!:D

ponchoyo 02-08-2007 09:13 PM

lolz, i guess rc hunting is more fun then just shooting a bird down. I saw something on tv where a bird crashed into a turbine engine of a real 747.

fastguy 02-10-2007 03:14 AM

ORIGINAL: 125cchyperman

As far as PETA, I dont care about them, there just like tree huggers. I could care less about them.
i realy agre check out
[link=http://www.crowbusters.com/]this website[/link] i am a member here be sure to look at the hate mail section

prop planter 02-10-2007 09:43 AM

Trouble with the link opening[:@]

prop planter 02-10-2007 09:10 PM

Worked this time. Wow, talk about real hate in there[:@][:@]

125cchyperman 02-11-2007 12:04 AM

WOW

I just looked at all the hate mail and I mean all of it. It's quite impressive, I found a couple of things about them (PETA) aka tree huggers aka bunny huggers. One of witch they call us serial killers and murders, but whats funny is they then go on and say they want to kill us. They say were dumb and the crows are smarter then us. I find that quite hard to believe, considering that we have computers and such, and there still making there houses out of twigs and such. And they do a lot of illegal activity's such as keep crows as pets which is illegal, they then say they will kill all of us (which is highly illegal) and say there going to put virus's on our websites and computers. Which they may be able to do, but non of which is going to stop us. I dont know maybe they think it will.

I would just like to hear and see what a PETA person has to say about what has been posted on this thread.