Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Nice!! how long does it take to get a color swap like this state side?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A long time... They ship when the container is full... You can pay to have it shipped individually though..
Old 12-21-2012, 11:50 AM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Any idea how much more that costs?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:59 AM
ricardinho

what kind of scheme are you looking to do??
Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 PM
ricardinho

i just ordered a new ultra lightning in a custom scheme orginal navy scheme..200 extra 6 to 8 weeks ...color swap i believe is 100 extra....give ray labonte a call he will surely help you with anything you need...take care
Old 12-21-2012, 02:20 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Waited 8wks for mine...

[]

[]
Old 12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
ricardinho

looks awesome...i am in maryland and now is cold so i really dont mind the wait...so i guess your flying your uf with a 140rx...
Old 12-21-2012, 05:14 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Yes,, 140RX, main and conformal tanks for fuel and wing tank for smoke...

[]
Old 12-21-2012, 05:25 PM
ricardinho

Very clean...flys nice on the bigger engines....its got to be perfect with 140.rx..the new jetcat rx engines are the dead nuts...
Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 PM
paulhat

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ali

Now thats nice!
Just been out today testing the new team UF. Decided to break with the norm and fit a Jet cat P-100 in this one. Very light weight feel to it in the air, and super easy to land. Not my cup of tea, but a great package for some one wanting a nice easy sport jet. Think I might give this one to Stevo to fly!
Regards Al
Not enough power Ali?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:09 PM
hbutler

Alirght guys,

I saw a flash fly in person for the first time about 4 years ago and have been jonesin' for one ever since. Urge grew stronger when the ultra flash came out. Proud to say my custom scheme ultra flash will be here next week.

I now need to make a gear selection. I have some gear from another plane that will work with a small incremental cost but will require some work to get it to fit properly. Not really in the mood to do that work.

Was thinking about selling the gear I have and getting the comp arf package. Prior to doing that I want explor the electron retracts as I tend to be progressive and they seem to be getting some good pub on threads(including this one).

My questions are the following:

1. Are electron retracts(er40) a drop in fit in the ultra flash?
2. What about brakes. Typical places I purchase for online does not offer the brakes/wheels.. Where r u getting brakes and r u happy with them? Electronic retracts without electronic brakes does not make sense
Old 12-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Robrow

2. What about brakes. Typical places I purchase for online does seem to offer the brakes/wheels.. Where r u getting brakes and r u happy with them? Electronic retracts don't seem to make sense without electronic brakes also
1. No, but minimal bearer work is required for them to fit.

2. I use the Behotec pneumatics but will be changing to Electron electronic brakes shortly.....just makes sense.

Rob.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:00 AM
hbutler

ORIGINAL: Robrow

2. What about brakes. Typical places I purchase for online does seem to offer the brakes/wheels.. Where r u getting brakes and r u happy with them? Electronic retracts don't seem to make sense without electronic brakes also
1. No, but minimal bearer work is required for them to fit.

2. I use the Behotec pneumatics but will be changing to Electron electronic brakes shortly.....just makes sense.

Rob.

Thanks. Sorry to press, but can u be more specific on the work involved? What did u have to do and how long did it take. Secondly where do u plan to buy the wheels/brakes.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Robrow

Thanks. Sorry to press, but can u be more specific on the work involved? What did u have to do and how long did it take. Secondly where do u plan to buy the wheels/brakes.
Just needed to remove some material from the insides to allow the slightly wider retract units to fit, maybe 30mins work tops for both sides.

Wheel and brake units are Electron either via your local dealer or direct. They will size the wheel bearings according to your axle diameter.

http://www.electron-retracts.com/new...tic-brake.html

Rob.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:25 PM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Just finished an electron retract install in my classic flash - pretty strait forward work with a dremal to open/widen the retract mounting plates.
The reason I went with the electrons was down & locked wanted $650 to convert my originals, new electrons only cost me $450 - no brainer.....
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
lightningmcnulty
My Feedback: (11)

I have a quick question.

I'm running a k140 in mine and made over 40 flights with it, then flame out!! it turned out that I ran out of fuel, I built the plane exactly per the instruction or so I thought and it turns out the main tank leans forward slightly leading you to believe that there's more fuel left than there really is.

Anyway after sorting that out I have flown again and had two more flame outs, there is fuel getting there but the UAT is being sucked down, like it has a massive vacuum.

I can't find any blockages but when I blow through the vent with the UAT line off there is clearly a pressure buildup in the fuel tanks, is this normal has anyone else experienced this issue? I assume the lines supplied with the UF are big enough for the k140 since you guys have much larger turbines in these.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Kim

Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 AM
ricardinho

let me guess your wing tank was empty your main tank still had about a third and your uat was empty...does that sound right?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 AM
ricardinho

ok this is what mine used to do.. jetcat 120sx wing tank also...if i flew say 6 minutes with not alot of wide open throttle i could land and uat would be still full...now i would do my normal 8 minute flight lots of wide open throttle and still a fair amount in the main tank..after landing the uat would be half gone...its something to do with the flat botton tank.i really never understood it but seems after a long flight and lots of full throttle is where the problem comes in....check all your lines for leaks ...also check where you fill also...if your using a festo or smc it could be a bad check valve..as many other people have posted the problem is when the main tank gets to low...the uat then drains and sucks air..some people see this and some dont...the heavy throttle guys are usually the one who expierience this.....
Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 AM
lightningmcnulty

Hey,

yeah I had that issue to but now work around it my new issue is that the UAT collapses under vacuum as the pump draws fuel and i cant find an obvious blockage in the fuel system
Old 01-03-2013, 12:53 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Kim were you able to download the ecu data yet?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM
lightningmcnulty

No I haven't been over to barry yet, I just texted him and will arrange it all, I'm sure the UF fueling system is at fault because its quite restrictive in my testing I just can't find an actual blockage, my finger is pointed at the felt clunks right now (maybe caused by diesel?!) but I was hoping someone would have already been through this!

I sent the electrons off yesterday, should be back next week

Thanks

Kim
Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 PM
mr_matt

Kim

The good news is that you SHOULD be able to see any possible restriction by looking at the progressive pump data (pump voltage compared to the throttle commanded position).

But in the end it does not look like it shut down due to an out of range on the pump value (Gaspar ECU might not even have an upper pump voltge limit, I don't know).

We should be able to see the commanded throttle position and pump voltage because (as I remember) it flamed out right when you advanced the throttle in the turn to the crosswind leg. At least that is how I remember it.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:44 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a major main tank swelling problem. I switched the main tank to 2 overflow vents. One goes to each conformal tank. But I still have the main tank swelling up just not as bad. On my Jersey Modeler can I am only running a 2 cell A123 pack. The baffle on my main tank came loose from the bottom of the tank. I think the baffle is what helps the tank from swelling.

I am not having any problem with air in my UAT with a P140 with at least half the flight at full throttle.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 PM
mr_matt

Tony you mean swelling while filling the tanks, correct? My bandit with a P-180 has similar duel "overflow" vents on the main (header) tank,as you describe no problem. That is a good tip for this case, having seen what is going on with the plane first hand. I think we will know more when the data is downloaded.

Happy New Year BTW.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:32 PM
paulhat

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: lightningmcnulty

No I haven't been over to barry yet, I just texted him and will arrange it all, I'm sure the UF fueling system is at fault because its quite restrictive in my testing I just can't find an actual blockage, my finger is pointed at the felt clunks right now (maybe caused by diesel?!) but I was hoping someone would have already been through this!

I sent the electrons off yesterday, should be back next week

Thanks

Kim
I have always wondered if those felt clunks are a good idea. Especially in warmer climates where there is more chance of bacteria growth on them. I know of a few people here in West Australia that have had issues.

Paul.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.