Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Tornado sport jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Nice pix Henry, all outfitted with K-80s! We are now offering a 10% off for K-80F to be installed in a Tornado!

Regards,
Barry
Old 11-04-2011, 10:24 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Can someone tell me what strut and brake options exists for this?  Is there something better or something cheaper that is just as good?  I am building this to train on then ditching it.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:33 AM
dmscpu
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: skydve76

Can someone tell me what strut and brake options exists for this? Is there something better or something cheaper that is just as good? I am building this to train on then ditching it.
Ditch it my way
Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Once I get my waiver it goes up for sale.  Depends on if I damage it, first turbine jet.  But it will fly easier than some of my heavy EDFs I have.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:50 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dmscpu

Can someone tell me what strut and brake options exists for this? Is there something better or something cheaper that is just as good? I am building this to train on then ditching it.
Ditch it my way

get the one you already got flying first!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:08 PM
dmscpu

ORIGINAL: KC36330

Ditch it my way

get the one you already got flying first!!!!
I would if people would start doing as they say !!!! Shipping the correct items when they say they will would be great. All I want is my radio by Christmas
Old 11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
KC36330

Christmas? Damn that, if it's not here by next weekend may have to stick a JR in that baby for a few flights.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:40 PM
dmscpu

Christmas? Damn that, if it's not here by next weekend may have to stick a JR in that baby for a few flights.

No stinkin JR's in my stuff [>:] [>:]

JR stuff is all I saw at Hodges Jet fly in..... I wonder if they were trying to tell me something or JR stuff is cheaper in GA?????

I'm sure it's great stuff but I'm old enough to remember when Futaba was (and still is) the gold standard and JR was run by a clown out of Vegas, literary
Old 11-04-2011, 12:47 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

No body can be that old. Dennis
Old 11-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Dr Honda

JR stuff is all I saw at Hodges Jet fly in..... I wonder if they were trying to tell me something or JR stuff is cheaper in GA?????

I'm sure it's great stuff but I'm old enough to remember when Futaba was (and still is) the gold standard and JR was run by a clown out of Vegas, literary

I was a die-hard Futaba guy... but they dragged ***** getting 2.4 to market, so I went Spektrum... and since JR is bed with them... I have JR stuff too. Honestly... I am starting to like them better.

Funny about the clown comment... I still remember the last cat I got from Circus Hobbies. (I think it was '88~'89 time frame) White and pink... and full of the old cool Kavan and Kalt Heli's and JR radios.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Dr Honda

...... I am building this to train on then ditching it.

There is nothing wrong with the plane. Build it right, and don't abuse it, and it will last a long time. (Even being over powered)
Old 11-04-2011, 01:20 PM
KC36330

Mike,

I've still got a Circus Hobby receiver on ZPCM so i know the clown all too well. when i got in the hobby you couldn't get anything around here but a Futaba, after i had a new transmitter SMOKE (yes it smoked out of the TX box) and crash the new plane it was in and then had Futaba (then in California) send it back to me and say they only replaced 'Ceramic filter' in the receiver, still a TX that didn't work, and busted servos.......i tossed it in the trash at the hobby shop and had her order me a JR, now 20+ yrs later, i still fly JR and have no regrets. there were a lot of die hard Futaba guys in both clubs that had crashes left and right, always the same thing, Oh the ceramic filter in the receiver was bad and they'd send you a repaired receiver and the rest your equipment you were SOL on.........i remember Charlie saying the same thing about JR you just did.........guess what he flies now?? only club member who made the swap to JR when all that crap was going on that went back to Futaba was Blackwell.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
five

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

The wings, booms and elevator are monokote. We have one of these airplanes that we made with full composite wings booms and fuselage, but the price was very different do to the cost of materials and manufacturing. We construct the kit in our factory in Ecuador and final assembly is accomplished in South Florida. Every single kit is inspected before it leaves our warehouse for any defects. Like in any mass production of products there are always some that have blemishes or defects, we stand behind our product and do our best to keep that down to a minimum. That is why we have people that go through every kit before it is shipped to insure that they are ok before it leaves our warehouse. We are stocking a full line of spar parts, covering and hardware to try to give the best customer service to our clients. I have attached a few picture of the airplane before it gets painted and covered for you to see the quality of our work.
I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. That plane is not made in Equador, it is made by Flymodel in China. Nor is it covered in Monokote, it is covered in Chinakote.
This is simply the same plane as the "Falcon 120" made by Flymodel, except the wing is sheeted. It is also sold under various names in Europe, including the fully sheeted version, also. How someone could make these statements, without thinking they would be caught, is quite incredible.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:23 PM
dmscpu

ORIGINAL: five

The wings, booms and elevator are monokote. We have one of these airplanes that we made with full composite wings booms and fuselage, but the price was very different do to the cost of materials and manufacturing. We construct the kit in our factory in Ecuador and final assembly is accomplished in South Florida. Every single kit is inspected before it leaves our warehouse for any defects. Like in any mass production of products there are always some that have blemishes or defects, we stand behind our product and do our best to keep that down to a minimum. That is why we have people that go through every kit before it is shipped to insure that they are ok before it leaves our warehouse. We are stocking a full line of spar parts, covering and hardware to try to give the best customer service to our clients. I have attached a few picture of the airplane before it gets painted and covered for you to see the quality of our work.
I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. That plane is not made in Equador, it is made by Flymodel in China. Nor is it covered in Monokote, it is covered in Chinakote.
This is simply the same plane as the ''Falcon 120'' made by Flymodel, except the wing is sheeted. It is also sold under various names in Europe, including the fully sheeted version, also. How someone could make these statements, without thinking they would be caught, is quite incredible.
Who gives a rat's ass?

It's a great kit all things considered and it is available in the USA by someone that is willing to stand behind his products!
This is a free? country so you can purchase your products from anywhere you want, go right ahead....

Flamers are the reason Good people say screw it and stop all together,
remember what your Mom told you; or should have "If you do not have anything nice to say then don't say it!"

Because of this kit I have entered jets and I'll bet many more folks have and or will.

So please use this forum for constructive issues. When researching this jet I started at page 1 and went to the end reading everything. It took way too long
because of all the comments that were not helpful, and in the end, I bought a Tornado and will buy another Modellbau aircraft in the future.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35881.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1682365  
Old 11-04-2011, 02:31 PM
five

ORIGINAL: five

This is simply the same plane as the ''Falcon 120'' made by Flymodel, except the wing is sheeted. It is also sold under various names in Europe, including the fully sheeted version, also. How someone could make these statements, without thinking they would be caught, is quite incredible.
Who gives a rat's ass?

It's a great kit all things considered and it is available in the USA by someone that is willing to stand behind his products!
This is a free? country so you can purchase your products from anywhere you want, go right ahead....

Flamers are the reason Good people say screw it and stop all together,
remember what your Mom told you; or should have "If you do not have anything nice to say then don't say it!"

Because of this kit I have entered jets and I'll bet many more folks have and or will.

So please use this forum for constructive issues. When researching this jet I started at page 1 and went to the end reading everything. It took way too long
because of all the comments that were not helpful, and in the end, I bought a Tornado and will buy another Modellbau aircraft in the future.

Mike
Irespect your opinion, you are not concerned with some mistruths being told about the real origin of the Falcon nee "Tornado", if you find being untruthful is not a problem from your dealer, then you are happy. Not a problem. The Falcon 120, without sheeted wings, has sold and flown by the thousands, Iwould not worry too much about them falling apart in the air, given some reasonable caution.
Iam much more concerned about the "Hurricane". Iam absolutely certain that he is claiming to have flown and tested it, but that is just not so. This is an all-new design, and if you saw it up close, you might have pause at flying it as-is, or attempting to sell it as-is, without having flown it.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a hard time with you guys telling Five to shut up. I too think Henry is doing us all a big favor with these affordable jets, but if what Five says is true, then why do you not want to hear the truth??? I do not know it to be true, but I don't know it to be false either.

Why are you all so desperate to silence this guy??? If you have evidence that his claims are indeed false, let's see it!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:41 PM
five

ORIGINAL: Woketman

I have a hard time with you guys telling Five to shut up. I too think Henry is doing us all a big favor with these affordable jets, but if what Five says is true, then why do you not want to hear the truth??? I do not know it to be true, but I don't know it to be false either.

Why are you all so desperate to simence this guy??? If you have evidence that his claims are indeed false, let's see it!
It's rather offensive, the whole thing.Ijust cannot imagine people defending someone so violently, so obnoxiously, unless they were sponsored pilots getting some sort of recompense. I have no proof of that, but it's the only answer Ican think of. If Iam wrong, Iapologize.

But, Iam very sorry to say, Henry is outright lying about where these planes came from. Not Equador or Florida. China, from the Flymodel factories of Mr. Joe. We did discuss Modellbau USA, Mr. Joe and I, there is no doubt whatsoever that these planes are made by Flymodel.
I'm not sure, also, how Henry could feel he would not get caught at this mistruth, as Flymodel is a rather big operation that does manufacturing for many distributors around the world, Western people are in the factory all the time, the secret would have been out sooner or later.
But, again, notwithstanding the origin of the airplane, what concerns me more is mistruths about having flight tested the other model. It simply is not so.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:24 PM
KC36330

i've had my share of complaints about the Tornado too, just scroll though this thread and you'll find them. my complaint is the few who go out of their way to complain about something they have nothing at all to do with, they don't even own one and don't plan to. who cares where it's built??? my JetCats were all built in Germany, but they are sold as JetCat USA turbines..........who cares???
Old 11-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

LMAO @ Five...

Dude, really? its Friday night and you want to sit here and blow up my blackberry to flame this thread? Henry? Modellbau?

If Henry owes you child support, then hit him up on facebook....not here.

Oh, by the way.....This is what society calls a free market. Learn what this means.

And, did I mention this is a Hobby? Hobby means : An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure

So if fixing and building something doesnt pleasure you, try finding something that does.......

Last time I read the US Constitution the USA did not guarentee you a house/car/boat/and the perfect ARF out of the box.

Fuel and Fly bro or go home......

Old 11-04-2011, 04:55 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: Dblex

If Henry owes you child support, then hit him up on facebook....not here.
i honestly LOL'd at that one.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Woketman

i've had my share of complaints about the Tornado too, just scroll though this thread and you'll find them. my complaint is the few who go out of their way to complain about something they have nothing at all to do with, they don't even own one and don't plan to. who cares where it's built??? my JetCats were all built in Germany, but they are sold as JetCat USA turbines..........who cares???
I agree, who cares? So why does Henry tell us they are coming from Ecuador???? Why does he care to tell us Ecuador instead of China! Either way, it is a decent kit for the money.

So WHY????
Old 11-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Newskin78

Well maybe because they are made there or assembled or something.
I have had both kits the falcon and the tornado. Not sure exactly the difference but they fly very different. The Tornado is much more stable and flies very precise.
Anyway who cares. Henry and Alberto have really helped out the hobby at least in South America. They have brought Turbines to countries that never had them before. Brazil, Colombia,Bolivia,Peru. Etc... I have been to a few shows down south and they really line them down there. Personally no matter what time I might call or what ever I need Henry always helps immediately. Modellbau's customer service is excellent. And now that they are going to be working with Dreamworks you can see that the best pair up with the best.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Woketman

I agree, he really seems to take customer service seriously. He is to be commended for that, to the extreme!!! He sounds like a nice guy.

So again, why the claims that these are from Ecuador? From what I am hearing, these are not even assembled there. They are straight from Flymodels. That is certainly nothing to be ashamed of, especially today when half of what I own came from China.

I just do not understand.....
Old 11-04-2011, 06:45 PM
megafly

ORIGINAL: Newskin78

Well maybe because they are made there or assembled or something.
I have had both kits the falcon and the tornado. Not sure exactly the difference but they fly very different. The Tornado is much more stable and flies very precise.
Anyway who cares. Henry and Alberto have really helped out the hobby at least in South America. They have brought Turbines to countries that never had them before. Brazil, Colombia,Bolivia,Peru. Etc... I have been to a few shows down south and they really line them down there. Personally no matter what time I might call or what ever I need Henry always helps immediately. Modellbau's customer service is excellent. And now that they are going to be working with Dreamworks you can see that the best pair up with the best.

We fly jets in Brazil waaaaaaaaayyyy before the Tornado.
But the Tornado has putted a lot of people in the jet business, my cousin started to fly jets in a BVM Bobcat with a P80, and I started in a Tornado and a K80. The price tag is way too diferent, but the satisfaction and hapiness is the same.

And chinakote in the Tornado really sucks.... I'm starting to paint mine, when It's done I will post some pics.

Regards.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Roberto Denadai

I don´t care if tornado is made in equador , china or in the moon.

I just want a good price, a good jet and a good customer service

And more important, to have fun !

Best Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.