Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ F-100F

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ F-100F

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 02:08 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ F-100F

ORIGINAL: wop flyer

I see that Feibao are doing a F-100, what do you Guys think of Feibao models? compared to Flyeagle.
If you're considering FB contact Mike Linn at Global Jet Club & buy the GJC version. Mike goes completely thru the stock FB kits and makes improvements where necessary and then flight tests the models to make sure everything is good. definitely the way to go IMO.

David S
Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 AM
wop flyer

Hi David, thanks for your help. I have contacted Mike Lin and he will put my name on the list, i here good things about the Global jet club. He will let me know when they have finnished the Test flights.
Carm
Old 07-17-2011, 04:43 AM
wop flyer

Hi Folks, in this months Jet International Colin Straus is doing a development build for Fei Baos F-100. Sounds very exsiting, however the plane is over the 20k limit here, i have never put anything together that big befor!!! any help would be great befor i make my mind up
Carm.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 AM
David Searles

I'd advice patience. Wait until Mike has the model and goes thru it. He will make recommendations to FB for changes necessary. I would be willing to bet, that by the time GJC is done, the jet will be considerably lighter.

David S
Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 AM
wop flyer

Thanks David, im also looking at the FEJ J-10. Im in no rush so i will see what happens.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 PM
stoni1

Default F100 cg

Originally Posted by David Searles
ORIGINAL: Inconel

Hi

Did you set the CG with empty fuel tanks? A friend just tried to maiden his F-100 this weekend and it would not rotate with the CG set at 400 mm with empty tanks. It shot off the end of the runway and damaged the nose and wing. I'm trying to get as much info as possible for him before he tries again.

thanks in advance for any info

Stoni

did you fly the original CG 400mm from leading edge?

There is a big difference between the FEJ CG and the Skymaster F100 CG.

regards

Jörg
Jorg,

I set my CG at the factory recommended location and have never changed it. The jet flies quite well at that position.

The SM F-100 is smaller so a mm to mm comparison doesn't apply. However, the BVM is the same size as the SM and the recommended CG is proportionally about the same on the FEJ. I've owned both the BVM & FEJ and really couldn't tell much difference at all in their flight characteristics. Excellent for both.

David S
[/QUOTE]
Old 11-12-2013, 07:54 PM
stoni1

Hi Guys, Help really needed on the FEJ F100.

As reported before my Pal tried to madien his F100 and it would not rotate and ended up running over the freshhold and crushing the nose and additinal wing damage. We assumed that the CG was off so we modified as per this thread and moved the turbine rearwards and moved the fuel tanks over the CG. We tried to fly her again this weekend and basically even after all these mods and setting the CG at manfacture spec ( CG at 400mm dry, UC down) she still would not rotate again at full power but when the freshold was reached and the engine chopped she leapt into the air and then pancaked smashing the gear and wings. back to the drawing board!!!! It looked like it reaches terminal velocity at about half of the runway and to my eye looks like it was going fast enough to rotate ( running a jetcat 140) but it just does not rotate. Just for info we have.set the take off at half flap and half leading edge slats and want to check this is correct with the guys who fly this model. Also are you guys
happy with the AOA on the stock undercarriage as the front leg looks a bit short to me but only cluttching at straws now.

Last edited by stoni1; 11-13-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:56 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! How much throw on the stabilators?

Shaz
Old 11-12-2013, 09:18 PM
stoni1

Originally Posted by sskianpour
Wow! How much throw on the stabilators?

Shaz
Set at Factory Spec, I cant remember of the top of my head but I think it was in.the region of 50mm each way...quite a lot, like most aircraft with all flying tailplanes.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:11 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

Leaping into the air... sounds like less than positive AOA. What is your wing incidence angle w.r.t the surface/ground plane?

Last edited by dbsonic; 11-12-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:16 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thrust line per spec?
Old 11-13-2013, 04:04 PM
stoni1

Originally Posted by dbsonic
Leaping into the air... sounds like less than positive AOA. What is your wing incidence angle w.r.t the surface/ground plane?
Yes, I have the same suspicion. The wings are in a mess at the moment and require some major work so I can't check what the incedence is relative to to the ground yet. I wondered if the front nose leg was a bit short or maybe the oleo spring too soft allowing the nose to compress under power and therefore giving a negative AOA. If I remeber correctly It is not siting exactly nose high. What about you other guys with this model? does your model have a positve AoA sitting on the undercarriage?
Old 11-13-2013, 04:08 PM
stoni1

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Thrust line per spec?
Well I think so regarding the tubine and pipe position as they can only really fit one way. But I fear that the nose is a little low allowing the thrust line to drive the nose further into the ground and producing a negative AOA. Would be keen to hear from others with the model about their set up and AOA, spring dive ect. I'vel looked atpictures of other FEJF100 and they look a little low on the nose as well but others dont seem to have a problem rotating so this may just be a red herring. confused!

As a side note I just want to check that you guys set the CG with empty fuel tanks. The instructions dont say, so we set it dry with undercarrige down. Help please!

Last edited by stoni1; 11-13-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:21 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I have seen problem many times, do not use any flaps, should solve your problem.
Rcpete
Old 11-13-2013, 04:28 PM
stoni1

Originally Posted by rcpete347
Hi, I have seen problem many times, do not use any flaps, should solve your problem.
Rcpete
Thanks, do you fly this model? We did wonder about this as we set flaps and leading edge slats at half way for take off. ( we have e-mailed the manufacture to ask this question about recommendation for take off flap and slat but have no reply yet) Can the other guys who fly this jet confirm if they take off with a clean wing with no flap or slat ?

Last edited by stoni1; 11-14-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:29 PM
David Searles

Originally Posted by stoni1
Hi Guys, Help really needed on the FEJ F100.

As reported before my Pal tried to madien his F100 and it would not rotate and ended up running over the freshhold and crushing the nose and additinal wing damage. We assumed that the CG was off so we modified as per this thread and moved the turbine rearwards and moved the fuel tanks over the CG. We tried to fly her again this weekend and basically even after all these mods and setting the CG at manfacture spec ( CG at 400mm dry, UC down) she still would not rotate again at full power but when the freshold was reached and the engine chopped she leapt into the air and then pancaked smashing the gear and wings. back to the drawing board!!!! It looked like it reaches terminal velocity at about half of the runway and to my eye looks like it was going fast enough to rotate ( running a jetcat 140) but it just does not rotate. Just for info we have.set the take off at half flap and half leading edge slats and want to check this is correct with the guys who fly this model. Also are you guys
happy with the AOA on the stock undercarriage as the front leg looks a bit short to me but only cluttching at straws now.
This is a thrust angle issue. Your pipe is out of alignment. At full power the pipe is directing thrust downward, which is making the jet difficult to rotate. As soon as the thrust is reduced, the airspeed and lift takeover and the jet springs into the air.

Check the angle of your pipe and if the turbine is centered.

David S
Old 11-13-2013, 07:08 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Sounds like too much negatine aoa on the takeoff run. Put a slug in the nose strut with the spring so it cant compress on takeoff.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:17 PM
stoni1

This is a thrust angle issue. Your pipe is out of alignment. At full power the pipe is directing thrust downward, which is making the jet difficult to rotate. As soon as the thrust is reduced, the airspeed and lift takeover and the jet springs into the air.

David S
Thanks for your comments David. I have checked the pipe and it is centred on the engine mount bearers at the front and the rear is centerd through the tail pipe former. the engine also is centred so it all looks staraight to me.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 PM
stoni1

2Walla, I am thinking on the same lines, however others seem not to have a problem with their stock springs, so i'm confused.

Last edited by stoni1; 11-13-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:57 PM
stoni1

David S

David, Do you use some flap and leading edge slat for take off or do you leave the wing clean. Also can you confirm your trailing edge flap settings. The instructions sugested full trailing edge flap at 40mm which doesn't seem very much to me. I just looked at Fai baio F100 spec and they have 40mm for take off and recommend a minimum of 100mm full flap.

Last edited by stoni1; 11-14-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:09 AM
David Searles

Originally Posted by stoni1
David, Do you use some flap and leading edge slat for take off or do you leave the wing clean. Also can you confirm your trailing edge flap settings. The instructions sugested full trailing edge flap at 40mm which doesn't seem very much to me. I just looked at Fai baio F100 spec and they have 40mm for take off and recommend a minimum of 100mm full flap.
Yes, all of my flights have used both leading edge and trailing edge flap. The normal sitting attitude for the F-100 should be fairly nose high. If during the takeoff run the nose starts to dig down, you need to find out why. Either the nose gear spring is way too soft and can't hold the nose high AOA, or you might be using too much flap, as the jet does tend to pitch down with application of flap. I have up elevator mixed into the flap at both takeoff and landing positions.

I can't give you actual measurements because the jet is currently disassembled going thru a complete refit. I'm stripping the paint in order to FM it.

I would not recommend attempting taking this jet off without flap, unless you have a very strong headwind!

David S

Last edited by David Searles; 11-14-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:13 PM
stoni1

Thanks, David I think with your comments I am definately on the right track now. If anyone else can give me an approximation of takeoff and landing trailing edge flap it would be very helpful. Cheers!

Also, I am now wondering if the tail planes have been fitted at the right angle to the fuz. Does anyone have a reference point on the fuz for the correct angle when the tail plane is at neutral?

Last edited by stoni1; 11-15-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:04 AM
diver15

Default fej f-100 manual

hi i know its a long shot but does anyone have a manual for this jet
thanks andy
Old 01-11-2022, 02:10 AM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m about to start mine, so could do with a manual aswell.
I was going to use the bvm model control throws but I don’t know about CG.

diver15- I see you’re located in the UK…might be worth dropping me a pm, see if we can help each other.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:19 AM
diver15

Default f100

i have emailed fly eagle about 4 times asking for there manual not 1 reply fly eagle at its best again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.