Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The New F86D Dog Sabre

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The New F86D Dog Sabre

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Mike06659

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The New F86D Dog Sabre

Does anyone have a New ModellbauUSA Life battery that their not using? I need one more.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-06-2012, 10:41 AM
ModellbauUK

I have some, does Henry not have any?
Old 02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

We are out of stock. But if you need any you can contact TBM
Old 02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Do the fuel tanks come with the connectors and plugs?  I cant seem to find any in my kit...
Old 02-06-2012, 02:04 PM
bstussie
My Feedback: (22)

no you get 2 tanks only.. you will have to provide the stopper and all other accessories... never understood that one
Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
essyou35

Someone got a link to what I need?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:25 PM
mtnflyer14

For some reason I am unable to upload any pics, will try again tomorrow. I used a Sullivan stopper (has to be the gasoline version, which will not react to the kerosene and leak) and 5/32 brass tube for the vent. The vents need to get to the top of the tanks, so the brass tube that is included may not be long enough. For plumbing between tanks, the vent/overflow and to the UAT, etc., you will need gasoline compatible fuel tubing; most folks use Tygon. I have a schematic of my plumbing layout and a pic of the stopper/vent/fill line/clunk and will upload it as soon as RCU's servers are working.
Regards,
Gus
Old 02-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Mine is NIB and $450 shipped to lower 48!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 AM
Mike06659

I'll check Troybuilt for the battery but if someone has one laying around let me know. TBM's shipping can be high for the smallest stuff at times
Old 02-07-2012, 06:52 AM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: Mike06659

I'll check Troybuilt for the battery but if someone has one laying around let me know. TBM's shipping can be high for the smallest stuff at times
If you get stuck let me know. A jiffybag from the UK won't be much.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:47 AM
747junky

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

You are always trolling around for buisness. Never do you ever post anything usefull except for I have airplanes on sale, I take a poll for airplanes to sell, I can sell you that etc.... STOP you are not an advertiser here and all you do is advertise your make shift company. I don't know how Henry associates with you. You are always begging for buisness it makes you sound desperate.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:17 AM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: 747junky

You are always trolling around for buisness. Never do you ever post anything usefull except for I have airplanes on sale, I take a poll for airplanes to sell, I can sell you that etc.... STOP you are not an advertiser here and all you do is advertise your make shift company. I don't know how Henry associates with you. You are always begging for buisness it makes you sound desperate.
Here we go again getting personal!!

Everyone on RCU provides a service be it advice or offer to provide product or service. That's what makes the world go around. How many times have you seen a post "Does anyone know where I can get .........." Only to be told that there was a reference to who supplies this on Forum X Post XXX.

RCU is just a reference point and really my business dealing are none of your business. This is a spin off of my hobby as I run a completely seperate business turning over in excess of £1.5M per year. I do this as a spin off of my hobby and nothing else. I act as a distributor for Henry in the UK & Europe. I do need to shift a few V2's before I can import the V3's, if that makes me sound desperate so be it. I'm desperate to get the V3's into the UK and can't do that until I've shifted the V2's I have in stock.

Thye fees I pay enables me to advertise on RCU be it in the Forum or whereever.

I really cannot understand your gripe and I must say it's a little unfair.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:18 PM
mtnflyer14

Here is a pic of the stopper, fill and vent tubes. Since the fuel tanks do not have a lip on them, I cut off all but about 1/8 of the white plastic cap to get the stopper to seal. The second picture is a PowerPoint schematic I made of the fuel system for the F-86. Hope that helps.
Regards,
Gus
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23939.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1724415  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Pn36714.pdf (7.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 02-08-2012, 02:05 AM
TheScarletPimple
Banned

ORIGINAL: 747junky

Here we go again getting personal!!

Everyone on RCU provides a service be it advice or offer to provide product or service. That's what makes the world go around. How many times have you seen a post "Does anyone know where I can get .........." Only to be told that there was a reference to who supplies this on Forum X Post XXX.

RCU is just a reference point and really my business dealing are none of your business. This is a spin off of my hobby as I run a completely seperate business turning over in excess of £1.5M per year. I do this as a spin off of my hobby and nothing else. I act as a distributor for Henry in the UK & Europe. I do need to shift a few V2's before I can import the V3's, if that makes me sound desperate so be it. I'm desperate to get the V3's into the UK and can't do that until I've shifted the V2's I have in stock.

Thye fees I pay enables me to advertise on RCU be it in the Forum or whereever.

I really cannot understand your gripe and I must say it's a little unfair.

Unfair. That is rich. You need to read the rules. You status allows you to place adds. These are adds that you pay for it does not allow you to constantly post comments that are Just about selling.

These forums are about people shareing experiences and information not for the commercial side of the hobby to peddle their wares

Scarlet
Old 02-08-2012, 03:25 AM
ModellbauUK

Point taken and lesson learnt

My wrist has been firmly slapped. Ouch!

My posts will change in future and not refer to selling anymore. Unless someone asks where they can get such and such of course and in that case if I can provide a response it will be done in private

Lets move on now and stop rattling cages like the English Gentleman we are.
Ian

Old 02-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Mike06659

Hey guys,

Here is the tank diagram I used for my Dog. Hope it helps.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31989.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1724711  
Old 02-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Flilek

Hello All,

I looked at both diagramms for tank plumbing.

I never use a UAT but a simple hopper tank. I fill the tanks by a T-fitting between hopper tank and filter going to the turbine. I have a shut-off valve from Festo behind the pump. When I fill, all the bubbles leave automatically the hopper tank. I prefer 2 tanks in parallel (not in line). The pump has to suck less and you save current. When the the lines from the 2 parallel tank to the T-fittings have the same lenght, they fill and empty the same way.

Best regards

Flilek
Flilek
Old 02-08-2012, 07:27 PM
essyou35

Couple questions for the day, I am seeing different numbers for an AUW wet with a k80.  16-22 lbs is what I have read in this thread and that is a huge gap?  Does anyone have a firm confirmed number with K80 wet?

Also, does the included pipe work with k80 or do I need a different pipe?

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:46 PM
mtnflyer14

I don't know about the weight, but the included pipe works with the K-80.
Regards,
Gus
Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 PM
jetflyr

ORIGINAL: skydve76

Couple questions for the day, I am seeing different numbers for an AUW wet with a k80. 16-22 lbs is what I have read in this thread and that is a huge gap? Does anyone have a firm confirmed number with K80 wet?

Also, does the included pipe work with k80 or do I need a different pipe?

Thanks!
Let's look at things logically....
Modellbau says that dry weight with a P60 is 15 pounds and change.......
Take a heavier engine and 2 battery packs plus the A123 3-celll pack and calll the dry weight 17 pounds. Add 3/4 gallon of fuel (say 7 pounds/gallon, so about 4 pounds and we are at 21......
The pipe is correct for teh K80 according to one of the first posts in tis thread from Henry.

Greg
Old 02-08-2012, 09:28 PM
essyou35

That makes sense logically, there is a post about it being 16 and change, but some dont say if that wet or dry.

The reason I ask about the pipe is it is much smaller in diameter than my other pipe so just double checking. 

If you're annoyed with my questions already we're in trouble, I havent started building it yet!!

Old 02-12-2012, 08:15 AM
ED LUNGREN
My Feedback: (16)

I had the pleasure of flying the F-86F model during the Korean war and later the F-86D/L model in the I Idaho National guard. Both were great flying planes, one for TAC and
the other for ADC. Also, had the pleasure of ejecting from the L model due to a rocket malfunction. Worked as advertized. Glad some one is looking after some Airplane history.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:55 AM
mtnflyer14

Thanks for your service! I had one deployment in the F-4, then was lucky to fly the F-14 for over 20 years. Regarding your ejection, early on we had the terrible Pratt and Whitney TF-30 in the Tomcat; someone came up with the sarcastic saying 'If it says Pratt and Whitney, it better say Martin-Baker". Martin-Baker was the maker of the F-14 ejection seats.
Regards,
Gus
Old 02-12-2012, 07:24 PM
jetflyr

ORIGINAL: ED LUNGREN

I had the pleasure of flying the F-86F model during the Korean war and later the F-86D/L model in the I Idaho National guard. Both were great flying planes, one for TAC and
the other for ADC. Also, had the pleasure of ejecting from the L model due to a rocket malfunction. Worked as advertized. Glad some one is looking after some Airplane history.
Just got home from putting 8 flights on my new one .....and your post rang the memory bell....
I used to play tennis with a retired 3-star who said more than once (knowing my love of airplanes and my father's combat history) that the '86 in all it's forms was the ultimate in an airplane: the feel for the plane was there, and the hydraulics just helped.
Envious for your first parts (the "enjoyable parts") and glad I never had to do the second part of your post.

(And REALLY glad someone had the forsite (OK.....The spelling is wrong, but after 13 hours in the car and the spell-checker playing games, please forgive me....) and humor, to keep some of theses airplanes alive for us today)

Greg
Old 02-12-2012, 07:28 PM
essyou35

Greg I assume you went somewhere LOL.  Its 20 degrees in Co!!!

Get any video?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.