Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JMA Long Marston Jet Meet July 14th-15th

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JMA Long Marston Jet Meet July 14th-15th

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 11:55 PM
PHIL GREENO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JMA Long Marston Jet Meet July 14th-15th

Although the weekend was not ideal from my point of veiw(ReVision's do not fly too well with no elevators) it was none the less a great meeting.

Big thanks to all the JMAofficers and Dick for the grub and the lend of his shoveland all who offered help in thesearch for my missing turbine and especially the local flying club members whom spent a long time looking and the member who found it.Thank you.

Great evening at the "New Inn" Hotel, wish I had stayed up to see John Palmers magic.

Many great models but enjoyed watching "Jasons" ballistick Bandit and David Gladwins Airworld Hawk superbly flown.

Although I was deflated and knackered after searching and digging for nearly an hour looking for my turbine in sodden wett grass I picked my self up and test flew my new Ultra Flash later in the afternoon with no problems apart from minor trimming.Managed a perfect landing first time so looking forward to enjoying this model in the future when i get it dialled in to my liking.

Phil.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:59 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: CJ2002

Steve Elias, whose charisma and charm almost worked with the tattooed barmaid (did you notice her btw Jase?!).

Cheers,

Dick

Yes Dick I think I remember her.. Steve never had a chance, she only had eyes for the Ginger one

Thanks for putting the food on this weekend, the burgers were great! You are a top bloke!!

Jason
Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 AM
rfbenn

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Big thanks to Geoff White for maidening my F-16, I figured he didn't think it was too bad as after a couple of trimming circuits he proceeded to tear round at low level.
A couple of things to sort out and all should be good.

Well done to the JMA for organising a relaxed enjoyable weekend .

Rob
Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Robrow

ORIGINAL: PHIL GREENO

Although the weekend was not ideal from my point of veiw(ReVision's do not fly too well with no elevators) it was none the less a great meeting.

Big thanks to all the JMA officers and Dick for the grub and the lend of his shovel [img][/img] and all who offered help in the search for my missing turbine and especially the local flying club members whom spent a long time looking and the member who found it.Thank you.

Great evening at the ''New Inn'' Hotel, wish I had stayed up to see John Palmers magic.

Many great models but enjoyed watching ''Jasons'' ballistick Bandit and David Gladwins Airworld Hawk superbly flown.

Although I was deflated and knackered after searching and digging for nearly an hour looking for my turbine in sodden wett grass I picked my self up and test flew my new Ultra Flash later in the afternoon with no problems apart from minor trimming.Managed a perfect landing first time so looking forward to enjoying this model in the future when i get it dialled in to my liking.

Phil.

Out of interest do you know why the elevator failed Phil?

Rob.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:18 AM
steverobertsuk

Superb weekend as per normal,

Thanks to the JMA for getting it back on the calendar, Dick for the catering- excellent rock buns by the way ;-)

Thanks to everyone for allowing Dave & myself a little airspace so we could make sure that our formation routine would actually work! Sorry to anyone that we had to dodge!

Super flying by everyone all weekend, Geoff was on fire with his UL & Hunter, Jason & Jamie with the Bandits and the Mig action was just epic!

Thanks for letting me have a go on the Ultra Flash Dave, does mega rolling loops and super low inverted passes ;-0

Steve
Old 07-16-2012, 02:26 AM
PHIL GREENO

Rob.

After completing a reversal and level off at about 50-80 ft alt. downwindwith quite a bit of speed on I heard a flutter/vibration so cut the power but the model stated to pitch down and would not respond to elevator at all,then impact at about 15 deg angle.When i recovered the wreckage the tail section from LE of fin back was complete with tailplane but both elevators were missing.On the let hand elevator the live/top hinge was sheared on right hinge complete but elevator missing.All servo linkages/clevises untouched and horns still connected and no damage to horn joint (Hysoled to internal hard wood block). Looks like elevator flutter which resulted in both elevators ripping off in flight.The whole event took about one and a half seconds from start to impact.

Phil
Old 07-16-2012, 03:03 AM
GrayUK

What a great weekend!
Considering the crap weather we have had this year, we were blessed!
Lots of flying, great banter and great to see old friends again.
Geoff White got my attention with a stunning stealthy low pass (I am still in shock Geoff!)
Saturday night was a hoot! And once again Mr Palmer kept us all amazed with his magic.
Thanks to all who helped to organise the weekend, great stuff...let’s have more.

Paul G
Old 07-16-2012, 03:28 AM
Geoff White

LOL..Thats was funny Paul. Don't know who jumped more, me or you. You because, you weren't expecting the hunter to come pass at waist height or me because of your reaction.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:38 AM
skywarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,
Thank you to all the people who organised andmade this weekend a great weekend.
This is my first JMA event and it certainly won't be the last.
Lots of new friends made whilst talking and chatting about the hobby we all love made this a great weekend to remember.

I went to the Farnborough airshow on the friday and it was not as well organised and nothing like as much fune as this one.

Regards

David Butt
Old 07-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Bed time

Awesome weekend! really looking forward to the next one!

Thanks to Geoff, Jamie, Jason, Dave and Steve for helping us out over the weekend trying to get the Scorpion back in the air and to John for the top banter!.

As always Geoff's Hunter was a sight to see! and the Bandit duo was completely mental!

Alex
Old 07-16-2012, 11:07 AM
fireblade5437

Hi Geoff

Thanks for that, just really frustrating that I cannot even lift the planes into the car. The wife even took both remotes for the garage door to work with her so I could not do any work in the garage [:@]

Alan
Old 07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
new2-2jets

Well what a great weekend! After unexpectedly and rarely getting the Saturday off work I attended both days, the eurosport rarely gets out these days so it was nice to get her out and have a dabble with her, despite having man flu-yes it was the extreme strain, and with many cups of lemsip-cheers for the hot water Dick, we managed 2 faultless days of keroburningsweetsmell aaaaa bisto! up until nearly the last flight when the jetcat didn't want to play ball any longer, and wouldn't flaming (pun intended) fire into life, try as I might, which was despite 6 batteries later (thanx Geof) a cleaned fuel filter, some head scratching,another hot dog, another lemsip, more Sudafed,a litre of water and plenty of f this and f that's,I packed it away and went on the long journey home.
I thought it was only 8 miles to home, turns out it was over 10 miles!
Gave Dave (motors and rotors) a call this morning about the engine problem, he gave me a few things to check out, of which the first thing was to re learn the TX to the ecu.
At 6 o'clock I hurried home, took the Euro outside and re learnt the TX, I paused briefly before trying it out in eager anticipation, knowing full well that resetting it was only a job Crossed off the list as another waste of time. Well I powered it all up, pushed the trim up, eased the stick forward and eagerly watched the gsu, preheat 1 then 2, the battery showed 0.0 volts again, its not going to work I thought so I shut it down and peered up the tail pipe, looking for a glimmer of hope,a candle at the end of the tunnel-but there was nothing. Oh well I thought, at least I tried, and then I heard this voice in my head-go on Mark, try it again and give it chance this time.
So I went for another start, the motor spun over, the fuel pump started and then with a little whoosh..... she ignited eureka ka ka, she started! Praise the good lord above and singing it to me brother, waving our glad hands in the air-we rejoice. If only that would have happened Sunday!
What a nice end to a great weekend, Thankyou to everyone who helped in my journey and also to those who didn't and were just there for a great time,
Cheers to you all, happy flying
Mark
PS sorry Dave I don't need a new kero plug
-well not just yet anyway-thankyou
Pps sorry for the grammer, I did it on my fone