Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:34 PM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

Hello all. Thanks to all who showed up for our first Monster Energy Ivitational Jet Jam. A few pictures to start off with. I'll be posting lots of video too
Old 02-16-2013, 05:41 PM
CrashPro

Default RE: .

Video #1
Old 02-16-2013, 05:46 PM
CrashPro

Old 02-16-2013, 05:48 PM
CrashPro

Old 02-16-2013, 06:11 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Very cool, are you guys going to start having a jet rally again? Gorgeous field there.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:17 PM
CrashPro

Old 02-16-2013, 06:23 PM
califlyguy
My Feedback: (11)

Old 02-16-2013, 08:28 PM
CrashPro

Old 02-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

A great field with great club support. Had a good time and some fun flights. We will be looking forward to coming back again next year.

Hope to see some of you in Tucson next for the jet rally.

Thanks Coachella Valley RC Club

Clay & Debbie Sherrow
Old 02-16-2013, 10:01 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

What does it take to get invited? Just Wondering....
Old 02-16-2013, 10:44 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: InboundLZ

What does it take to get invited? Just Wondering....

+1
Old 02-16-2013, 10:48 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Clay and the Coachella Valley crew, thanks for hosting a very fun event. It was nice to go a CA event without driving 500 miles each way. I can't wait until next year.
Tony Quist
Old 02-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will it be an open event in the future? I am not challenging the option of having an invitation only event I'm just wondering what makes this different than a few guys going out and having a jet day along with some official looking banners. I'm sure the local club members and spectators probably were able to enjoy some very nice flying - lots of nice jets and good pilots to demo them. Were you guys introducing the idea of jet flying to the club site again in a smaller, more controlled venue?

Looks like it was a very nice event with nice weather at a very nice site! Seemed well run - Nice work.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:05 AM
CrashPro

Old 02-17-2013, 04:09 AM
CrashPro

Old 02-17-2013, 05:39 AM
flyingdan
My Feedback: (5)

Old 02-17-2013, 06:25 AM
CrashPro

Old 02-17-2013, 06:28 AM
CrashPro

Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 AM
flyingdan
My Feedback: (5)

Old 02-17-2013, 08:08 AM
HAMMERDOWN
My Feedback: (100)

Just wondering why you are putting the pictures on an open forum when it is a stealth event? Could offend some of the uninvited ones. I understand the need to limit attendance, just saying....
Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: flyingdan

Hi Eddie and Everyone in the Jet Community

Our event will not be advertised nor will we ever say exactly when this event will take place next year. Our promise is to work around the dates for the hoped for return of Speed World, Chris Balling CD for that event announced its return was being worked on as we speak, lets hope that he is successful.

This is the way it is and will be in the future. We hope you understand our limited flying site situation.

Daniel Metz
President CVRC Gold Leader Club
AMA 9650
Leader Member
Turbine Waiver
LSF Level IV

Just wondering why this event was even post here. If it is a private event, why not keep it private and not post. I'm not against having a invitation only event but was flaunting it here on RCU was not cool. I'm sure there are some hurt feeling in the jet community, especially ones living in the area.

Not one of the chosen few
Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 AM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

ORIGINAL: flyingdan

To all of the Jet Pilots that attended

On behalf of the CVRC Club I want to thank all of the Great Jet Pilots that came to our Monster Energy Invitational Jet Jam. We really appreciate your super skills, your great airplanes and great attitude toward our club.

We really enjoyed having you and look forward to your return next year. I want to thank you for adopting our Fueling station requirements I know not having your fuel next to your pits was not normal. I honestly think that having those 2 stations really improved our Fire Marshall suggested pit area safety mandates immensely, I want to thank all of you for your compliance.

I especially want to thank Clay Seddon for working so hard to get this event a sponsor and for providing all banners, T Shirts and pilot related wrist bands and fuel can name tags. Plus a heck of a lot more, every club should be so lucky to have a member like him. Thank you Clay.

To Barry Hou of King Tech Jet Engines, thank you so much for your sponsorship and for the wonderful plaques that you provided, your engines ran great thru out the weekend some on Diesel fuel too. You have a great Jet Engine product, I look forward to powering my next Jet with a King Tech.

To Lowell Wexler I want to say thank you for your great contacts in the Jet Community I know you had to say no to a lot of your flying friends, we only hope they do not take YOU to task for what was OUR decision. Honest Guys Lowell's list was huge, So was Barry's do not call them to complain, it was our limiting the event size that was to blame.

I also want to thank Chris Balling of Speedworld, man you guys in AZ are lucky to have him in your corner, what a great guy and guiding hand you have in him. I know he will pull Speedworld back into the future event world.

I also wanted to thank all of our club volunteers, you guys made this event happen, your special and believe in helping others. Your Great Pumpkin Orange Shirts really made you effective as everyone knew you were a Staff Member. They always knew who to ask for guidance.

I also wanted to thank those who ran the tours for our guests. That allowed them to see first hand and up close the many beautiful airplanes, it also allowed the pilots to keep um flying thru the noon hour as the traditional line up was eliminated with out anyone feeling that they did not get to take all of the close up pictures they wanted too.

I also want to thank George Muir our Great club photographer, his behind the scene shots and video you all will get to enjoy over the next few weeks. At our 2009 Jet Event we had over 90,000 hits on our club web site. So many that we had to purchase more band width, we had hits from Norway, to Australia. Awesome job George.

I want to thank Juan Rios and his great family for providing the best Mexican food you could ever have, Tacos, Tamales, or American fare of Hamburger or Hot Dogs it was great.

As a side note, during our event I was approached by an older Veteran, he asked if he could get to meet the pilot of the T-33. He and George Manning got to talking and sharing his stories about his time serving and fighting in WW2, Korea, and Vietnam and flying the T-33. Sometimes you just never know how great you can make someone feel when they are watching our planes fly. We truly recreate history for them.

Thank all of you for coming and all of you for working so hard to make this event a safe one.

Dan
President CVRC Club
Dan, you nailed it! The event was wonderful. Thank you for hosting it. MANY MANY thanks to everyone in the club and those who attended, but a special (and I mean VERY specia)l thanks to Clay for being so instramental in all the details and hard work he put into this. Every one and everything was great. Lot's of blue sky and great weather. Thank you all again and am looking forward to next year.

Lowell
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think a stealth thank you email with the pics to the 25 would of been more appropriate.
Unless of course I will be number 26!
Scott
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a fun event with great guys... wish more (if any) northern cali pilots were invited. [&o]
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

There are 25 pilots during the week on any given day at Markham Park!
Why is it CA guys are always doing weird stuff like this? Sounds like the Fresno show.
Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.