Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: .

Touchy, touchy...

Remember, guys we should laugh at ourselves every once and a while, everyone else is!

Ha! This whole thread could have gone in such a bad direction, instead look at how many laughs and good times we're getting from it!

I take it back, keep it comin', I'm giggling my a** off!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Barry,

What does that quote have to do with you? Why would anyone think poorly of you?

You have done a great job representing Kingtech for the last couple of years. You started as a motor everyone laughed at and proved it to be a motor everyone is now paying attention to. Flight after flight I see your engines run without a problem.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:22 PM
iflyrcjets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Afterburner1 and Marquisvns

Class Act on both of you.

Maybe more should follow your direction.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:28 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Admittedly, I too was surprised to see a jet event having been held at this club. 2009 was indeed a "debacle" and gave our community a well deserved "black eye" at the time, as well as losing the use of a wonderful flying site. However, there is an old saying 'Some times it's not what you say, but how you say it" followed closely by "It's not always what you do, but how you do it". The reintroduction of a turbine event of any type at this particular locale, is, and should have been see as a positive and hopeful occurrence. Unfortunately THE WAY it was presented to the jet community, after the fact, was, based on the obvious responses posted, not particularly effective in a positive way.

Without going into detail of all that was wrong, lets just say a more positive approach would have been to simply announce the event ahead of time, as a limited re-introduction of turbines to the field, considering the issues had with the 2009 event. The 25 pilot limit will clearly force some great pilots to be excluded, but some sacrifices have to be made to insure the success of this first re-attempt. Please bear with us while we work out the details, but, hey JETS ARE BACK IN INDIO!

I honestly don't believe there would have been a single objection to this approach. As it is, due to the unfortunately negative way in which this was presented(judged by the comments posted) a positive additional sponsor has been caught up in issues they had nothing to do with and, potentially been lost to the community. (based on the deleting of all of his posts) Hopefully the club will take an honest look on the "how" this event transpired and look to a better way, in the future to handle it's continuation. And maybe it's time for the jet community to give the organizers a break. The mistake was in the telling, not the doing. There was no "ill will". An apparently great event was held and enjoyed by those in attendance. Their efforts are to be applauded.

My two cents. Just for the record: I wasn't invited either.

David S

Old 02-19-2013, 04:31 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: ravill

Well, if Dougy was there, they'd invite ANYBODY!![&:]
It was fun..... Logged 10+ flights and my chug foam bu and ultra trash went home in one piece...

Thanks again to the CD for trying provide another show for the Jet community. To my knowledge he and the hosting club had the best of intentions and depended on others to provide them a list of individuals that would likely attend... I'm surprised the club even wanted to do another event after the 2009 debacle... Too bad some individuals in ''THE JET COMMUNITY'' have to post nonsense on multiple threads making all of ''US'' look like elitist clowns and cry babies. We, ''THE JET COMMUNITY'' get a bad enough rap as it is let alone shooting OURSELVES in the foot yet once again.. I could actually have cared less if I was invited or not.. Not that big of a deal in my book. If I'm barred from other shows due to this post then so be it.. I'm a local west coast flyer anyway.

To quote Rick Nelson. ''Can't please everybody''

Dougy, well said. We need to support West coast events as there are so few of them. All this "crap" throwing isn't helping a thing except personal ego's. This club 3 years ago said they were through with jet events. It was only because of a few in the club that it was approved at a "trial" basis and kept small. It wasn't anything personal against any one, and probably would have lead to a bigger event where more could have come. Now, with all this "crap" going on, the club is feeling like "I told you so...". Is this really what we want? I am thankful for ANY event I can get to but to have one in our own back yard is wonderful! I for one like going to the shows. It's a time to see friends and get some flying in. Fun and games are one thing. Downright rude and bashing are another....we need to grow up or get another life.
I also agree with Dougy...if I am banned or asked not to attend events because we tried then so be it. I stand by the few that made this event happen. Thank you!

Lowell

2 cents
Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM
ravill

ORIGINAL: quist

Barry,

What does that quote have to do with you? Why would anyone think poorly of you?

You have done a great job representing Kingtech for the last couple of years. You started as a motor everyone laughed at and proved it to be a motor everyone is now paying attention to. Flight after flight I see your engines run without a problem.
That's right Barry, I just bought my first non Jet-Cat engine! A K-180. And Kero Start no less! All because of the great things I hear about your engines man!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:45 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

ORIGINAL: David Searles

Admittedly, I too was surprised to see a jet event having been held at this club. 2009 was indeed a ''debacle'' and gave our community a well deserved ''black eye'' at the time, as well as losing the use of a wonderful flying site. However, there is an old saying 'Some times it's not what you say, but how you say it'' followed closely by ''It's not always what you do, but how you do it''. The reintroduction of a turbine event of any type at this particular locale, is, and should have been see as a positive and hopeful occurrence. Unfortunately THE WAY it was presented to the jet community, after the fact, was, based on the obvious responses posted, not particularly effective in a positive way.

Without going into detail of all that was wrong, lets just say a more positive approach would have been to simply announce the event ahead of time, as a limited re-introduction of turbines to the field, considering the issues had with the 2009 event. The 25 pilot limit will clearly force some great pilots to be excluded, but some sacrifices have to be made to insure the success of this first re-attempt. Please bear with us while we work out the details, but, hey JETS ARE BACK IN INDIO!

I honestly don't believe there would have been a single objection to this approach. As it is, due to the unfortunately negative way in which this was presented(judged by the comments posted) a positive additional sponsor has been caught up in issues they had nothing to do with and, potentially been lost to the community. (based on the deleting of all of his posts) Hopefully the club will take an honest look on the ''how'' this event transpired and look to a better way, in the future to handle it's continuation. And maybe it's time for the jet community to give the organizers a break. The mistake was in the telling, not the doing. There was no ''ill will''. An apparently great event was held and enjoyed by those in attendance. Their efforts are to be applauded.

David S

Dave...very well put and classy. Glad you understand how important these events are (and I know you do!!). See you at the Willow
Old 02-19-2013, 04:47 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you guys, let's all work together to promote what we love. Flying Jets!

Barry
Old 02-19-2013, 04:59 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If you haven't noticed, Clay erased all of his posts in this thread. My guess is his boss told him not to associate with this group. I cant say that I would blame them. What did Monster do to deserve this grief? I know Best in the West Jet Ralley was looking at a lot of support from Monster this year, that is now gone.

I hope that Coachella Valley RC allows this small event to continue. Everyone that was there had a good time. Maybe next year they could limit the amount a jets that a single pilot can bring to allow space for more pilots. Unless you were there you wouldn't understand how limited the pit space is. It is very rough desert off of the paved area.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:45 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Admittedly, I too was surprised to see a jet event having been held at this club. 2009 was indeed a "debacle" and gave our community a well deserved "black eye" at the time, as well as losing the use of a wonderful flying site. However, there is an old saying 'Some times it's not what you say, but how you say it" followed closely by "It's not always what you do, but how you do it". The reintroduction of a turbine event of any type at this particular locale, is, and should have been see as a positive and hopeful occurrence. Unfortunately THE WAY it was presented to the jet community, after the fact, was, based on the obvious responses posted, not particularly effective in a positive way.

I honestly don't believe there would have been a single objection to this approach. As it is, due to the unfortunately negative way in which this was presented(judged by the comments posted) a positive additional sponsor has been caught up in issues they had nothing to do with and, potentially been lost to the community. (based on the deleting of all of his posts) Hopefully the club will take an honest look on the "how" this event transpired and look to a better way, in the future to handle it's continuation. And maybe it's time for the jet community to give the organizers a break. The mistake was in the telling, not the doing. There was no "ill will". An apparently great event was held and enjoyed by those in attendance. Their efforts are to be applauded.

David S

I also agree well said.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Admittedly, I too was surprised to see a jet event having been held at this club. 2009 was indeed a ''debacle'' and gave our community a well deserved ''black eye'' at the time, as well as losing the use of a wonderful flying site. However, there is an old saying 'Some times it's not what you say, but how you say it'' followed closely by ''It's not always what you do, but how you do it''. The reintroduction of a turbine event of any type at this particular locale, is, and should have been see as a positive and hopeful occurrence. Unfortunately THE WAY it was presented to the jet community, after the fact, was, based on the obvious responses posted, not particularly effective in a positive way.

I honestly don't believe there would have been a single objection to this approach. As it is, due to the unfortunately negative way in which this was presented(judged by the comments posted) a positive additional sponsor has been caught up in issues they had nothing to do with and, potentially been lost to the community. (based on the deleting of all of his posts) Hopefully the club will take an honest look on the ''how'' this event transpired and look to a better way, in the future to handle it's continuation. And maybe it's time for the jet community to give the organizers a break. The mistake was in the telling, not the doing. There was no ''ill will''. An apparently great event was held and enjoyed by those in attendance. Their efforts are to be applauded.

David S

Well said.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:02 PM
AnthonyM

Old 02-19-2013, 06:24 PM
flyingdan
My Feedback: (5)

Hi David

I too agree well said, believe me when I did not see your motor home in the parking lot I felt badly. Your a classy guy.

I had gotten up at 4:30 AM to get ahead of the what I thought would be the Invitational question and boy did I screw up.

I thought my explanation was the right one. Maybe we should have run it by you.

I guess we wont use the following name next year, The Second Super Stealthy Super Secret No Your Not Invited Again Jet Fly.

Early Morning Decisions are not the best ones.

Dan

Old 02-19-2013, 06:39 PM
ravill

If you haven't noticed, Clay erased all of his posts in this thread. My guess is his boss told him not to associate with this group. I cant say that I would blame them. What did Monster do to deserve this grief? I know Best in the West Jet Ralley was looking at a lot of support from Monster this year, that is now gone.

I hope that Coachella Valley RC allows this small event to continue. Everyone that was there had a good time. Maybe next year they could limit the amount a jets that a single pilot can bring to allow space for more pilots. Unless you were there you wouldn't understand how limited the pit space is. It is very rough desert off of the paved area.
I'm sorry if "Monster" got their feelings hurt. I don't know them, the owner, Clay or anyone! I don't really care if that I didn't get invited and, now, probably never will!! Guess what?! I'm going to continue to keep flying like I always have!!

If Monster wants out now, then why all the super secret, only the cool guys (this last part was implied in the wording of this thread, and it was funny!) get to fly here?

Meh... I'll continue to drink "monster", "rockstar", "red bull" just like I did before.

I don't like it when my friends get put into uncomfortable positions. If Joe C (MY friend) gets hurt then that sucks. Joe, we were just funnin' that last (only cool guys got invited to the "monster event") part of this thread. No harm intended to you. I would've thought using any other energy drink to make some fun the same.

And Barry, Dantley is your biggest proponent up in these parts, he puts out the good word on Kingtech around here. And he's just a regular non sponsored dude, like most of us up here.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If such a small bit of laughs among the players within an activity (and not the public) cause a sponsor to back out then it wasn't going to happen in the first place. So I doubt the sky is falling. Thicker skins should have been passed out with the T Shirts maybe? I'm thinking if Monster drinks can hang with the off road dirt bike crowd with rap sheets and roadies then a couple of laughing, smart mouthed middle class and upper class working stiff cry babies can be endured.

David S., fantastic post!!!

Dan, I still think you guys ran a great show and I applaud your efforts on the day you ran the show. But keep things in perspective. This is all just about insiders laughing and chuckling amongst themselves and having fun at what they have fun with. It's not like we are talking safety violations, public safety or anything that would present as a show stopper. You guys had a great day and everyone was raving about the fun times had. Let that be the guide to the future. If we all took RCU strictly seriously we'd be looking for pieces of falling sky and building bomb shelters every third day. Internet forums are packed solid with "talk" and it's just that.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:47 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Dan,

Congratulations on successfully getting a turbine jet event back at your club. I'm sure it took great effort, as well as a measured amount of risk.

Hopefully you can explain to Clay that this whole brouhaha really had nothing to do with him or Monster, he just inadvertently got caught in the middle. I'm sure Best in the West would be an excellent venue for his support and would be wholeheartedly accepted! (excuse me Joe C, if I've spoken out of turn).

Best of success for your future events!

David S
Old 02-19-2013, 06:57 PM
marquisvns

This is strictly jet event related picture. Jim's first course after Saturday's flying...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68646.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1854152  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 PM
marquisvns

second course,

Name:	Lj23641.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1854172  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 PM
marquisvns

3rd

Name:	Lj23283.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1854173  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:11 PM
marquisvns

Final course, of course there were deserts too.
Because I didn't stay and wait for hour and a half at Augustine's Signature buffet, these were the photos I had to endure while driving back home with a BigMac in my hand.

Name:	Ig13075.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1854174  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM
essyou35

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Help me understand something:

California has no gun rights

California is full of drama queens (and drag queens).

WHY?? [X(]
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: essyou35

Help me understand something:

California has no gun rights

California is full of drama queens (and drag queens).

WHY?? [X(]
You can own guns in California legally. Just sayin..
Old 02-20-2013, 01:02 PM
edh13
My Feedback: (9)

I think the principals in this thread need some perspective. Here’s another RCU subject now trending on the home page…
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_39...tm.htm#3948220
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 PM
mtnflyer14

+1.
Regards,
Gus