Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Emergency safety alert: FEJ big F-18F Superhornet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Emergency safety alert: FEJ big F-18F Superhornet

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:34 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Emergency safety alert: FEJ big F-18F Superhornet

Please post pics of the formers.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is the video Boli made showing how bad the damage is. Again, must be the save of the century!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgLlt2ziHIQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Old 05-23-2013, 06:45 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!!  Great save!  Where was this taken at??
Old 05-23-2013, 06:49 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Unf*cking believable.....[:@]

NOTE: My elevator is not based on the aluminum bracket instead its plywood based

can you post pictures of the elevator?

It does have the same out put shaft drive that you are using.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:49 PM
x3dflyer
My Feedback: (26)

GreÃ*t

This is the jet I paid for 18 weeks ago and opened a thread about getting a refund for....only to be told its "shipping" next week..now I really need to pursue a refund even harder

Maybe they will give me a different jet instead of a refund ..this f18 is obviously not ready for primetime

that must have been an amazing save because that tail is torn up.
Great job and thanks for posting this...it should help me as I plead my case with fej

Anthony
Old 05-23-2013, 06:50 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Amazing save Boli. Well done!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:59 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: x3dflyer

GreÃ*t

This is the jet I paid for 18 weeks ago and opened a thread about getting a refund for....only to be told its ''shipping'' next week..now I really need to pursue a refund even harder

Maybe they will give me a different jet instead of a refund ..this f18 is obviously not ready for primetime

Great job and thanks for posting this...it should help me as I plead my case with fej

Anthony

Don't expect anything. They'll just say the elevator fluttered because of batteries or a missing screw. Maybe they'll include a package of Energizers and some extra bolts with your F18.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:02 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubd

ORIGINAL: x3dflyer

GreÃ*t

This is the jet I paid for 18 weeks ago and opened a thread about getting a refund for....only to be told its ''shipping'' next week..now I really need to pursue a refund even harder

Anthony

Don't expect anything. They'll just say the elevator fluttered because of batteries or a missing screw. Maybe they'll include a package of Energizers and some extra bolts with your F18.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

I just look the video.
Once again...pivot point also too far back one problem right there.
The next is how the mechanical linkage set up?
Here how I would think proper pivot point for the F-18 stabs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72150.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	1884691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87729.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1884692  
Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know, at this point I am very concerned about all of the honey comb jets FEJ is making. We could be in for some very serious accidents if these jets are not grounded until more is known about how to prevent these structural failures. Current FEJ owners, do you really want to take the chance that someone might get seriously injured or killed flying one of these?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:18 PM
ddlstang

Nice save, at least you still have the gear.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:20 PM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

I don't know, at this point I am very concerned about all of the honey comb jets FEJ is making. We could be in for some very serious accidents if these jets are not grounded until more is known about how to prevent these structural failures. Current FEJ owners, do you really want to take the chance that someone might get seriously injured or killed flying one of these?
Honeycone was the least problem.
First is to prevent the flutter.
Once it flutter. It doesn't matter if you had solid wood. The energy of the flutter will isolate to the next weak point.
Some how I can't post pictures.
It sill give me 500 erro code.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:52 PM
gjhinshaw

No, Andy we don't. But to prevent us from flying??? Not going to happen! ALL jets can crash, hurt, kill, and fail. So saying this to ALL FEJ owners is wrong and I think you know that?
ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM
dubd

I agree with Andy given that two large FEJ honeycomb planes experienced this issue. Why take a chance? When Quique model company got wind of a possible issue with the wing on his Yak he advised them not to be flown until he could investigate. GJC just issued a similar warning on one of the Fei Bao models. These are toy planes and it is not life or death if can't fly them while this matter is looked into. To keep flying these planes without further investigation is negligent IMO.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:04 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Great save.....
Old 05-23-2013, 08:09 PM
gjhinshaw

I have to say that in-somewhat this stands, But taking that I am going to have 100 hours in my AT3 redoing it.... I am not going to not fly it. Now if one just throws it together than that is a different story, isn't it??
ORIGINAL: dubd

I agree with Andy given that two large FEJ honeycomb planes experienced this issue. Why take a chance? When Quique model company got wind of a possible issue with the wing on his Yak he advised them not to be flown until he could investigate. GJC just issued a similar warning on one of the Fei Bao models. These are toy planes and it is not life or death if we ground them while this matter is looked into. To keep flying these planes without further investigation is negligent IMO.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 PM
STKNRUD

Full scale flutter. Enough to stain your shorts.

http://youtu.be/pEOmCkZyXzk
Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I would really like to know what the people who have this jet and have flown it without problems have done, same for the f-14. They have sold these to people all over the world and I have seen youtube videos of them flying. If they did mods seeing what they did could help current owners.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:13 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Turbine CD's TAKE NOTICE! I mentioned my ZERO Tolerance policy on these HC beasts in another thread. Hopefully, now, we can get more CD's around the country to sign on and prevent these jets from flying at our events or local club, without extensive inspection and strong consideration if you even want to allow the flights! I, for one, will make every effort to prevent these jets being flown at my field! How many bullets do we want to attempt to dodge before something ugly happens?![:'(]

Beave, I'm sure that FEJ will blame this on your modifications. But the simple fact is that when we attempt to re-engineer these aircraft, all we do is transfer the stress to the next weakest link in the airframe! Without adequate testing, that FEJ obviously has not chosen to do, there is no way to know what the end result will be. This is a perfect example!

David S

Old 05-23-2013, 08:19 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: David Searles

Turbine CD's TAKE NOTICE! I mentioned my ZERO Tolerance policy on these HC beasts in another thread. Hopefully, now, we can get more CD's around the country to sign on and prevent these jets from flying at our events or local club, without extensive inspection and strong consideration if you even want to allow the flights! I, for one, will make every effort to prevent these jets being flown at my field! How many bullets do we want to attempt to dodge before something ugly happens?![:'(]

Beave, I'm sure that FEJ will blame this on your modifications. But the simple fact is that when we attempt to re-engineer these aircraft, all we do is transfer the stress to the next weakest link in the airframe! Without adequate testing, that FEJ obviously has not chosen to do, there is no way to know what the end result will be. This is a perfect example!

David S

Glad that you're holding your ground on this.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:37 PM
gjhinshaw

SORRY, but YOU are NOT what we need as a "CD" or representing anyone with AMA or any other organization!
ORIGINAL: David Searles

David S

Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 PM
dubd

David S is exactly what we need. Someone to stand up for the safety of others.

The response from FEJ will be something like this:

Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
tinal

David: May I ask how many models you lost so far?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

I would really like to know what the people who have this jet and have flown it without problems have done, same for the f-14. They have sold these to people all over the world and I have seen youtube videos of them flying. If they did mods seeing what they did could help current owners.
They are mostly hangar queens or flown NASCAR style. 99% of the Youtube videos are of FEJ planes flying around in circles.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:50 PM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

There is a lot things that need to done right.
Let start with mechanical linkage set up to take out the sloppy play to the flying surface.
Most common flutter start from here lead to major failure.
How the aircraft was built at the factory is beyond from user doing the assembly.
That is manufacture need to do more testing before products are release.
Look at page 4.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ur52162.pdf (98.2 KB, 51 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.