Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

weatronic door sequencing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

weatronic door sequencing

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 02:06 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default weatronic door sequencing

Hi,

I am working on my door sequencing with my SM large hawk - I am using a bvm valve on a servo (gear) and an orbit valve (doors).

I have played around with the curves and servo speeds and have it wroking in up/down mode fairly well. I am trying to have the doors close once the gear are down and cannot get the electronic valve to travel back. I am using a tophat shaped curve for the door. But this causes the servov travel to only bump a few % in one direction and go back to baseline. If I change the curve to short diagonalfollowed with a long horizontal, it cycles open and closed.

I studied several others curves for this setup and their shape suggest that the servo position should go from open-close-open or close-open-close.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I would really like to get the doors closed after the gear are down as the Goshawk flies this way.

Thanks
Dave
Old 06-13-2013, 03:16 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: weatronic door sequencing

Hi Dave,

Sounds like you're on the right track. The curve will be a top hat, could be upright or inverted depending on the start position of the servo/ electronic valve.

I've attached a couple of screen shots of mine, these are from 2 different Hawk files, set up the way you want ( main doors closed with gear down)

It sounds like you may not have enough servo travel dialed in for the valve to be triggered by the back end of the curve. Does the green line indicating servo travel move all the way across your curve?

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93033.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1891447   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41149.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1891448  
Old 06-13-2013, 03:40 PM
ddennison

thanks for your help.
my curves look pretty similar. The electronic valve though goes through 100% servo travel if I have it go open closed. When I try to bring the other end of the curve back to the starting point it basically just jogs a few blips and then goes back, never goes through any open/close signal travel...
Old 06-13-2013, 03:49 PM
luv2flyrc

Can you swap a servo in for your valve, just to see if you get the movement you want? If the servo gives you the movement you are looking for, you'll know it's something with your valve. It's just easier to visualize. If it doesn't do what you want, you'll know it's an issue with your curve or the travel.

Mike
Old 06-13-2013, 04:51 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your problem sounds like one I had recently. I needed to slow down the channel in the transmitter to about 4-5 seconds. This gave my valve servos time to operate properly.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:04 PM
ddennison

thanks guys.

I have tried slowing the gear channel down to a crawl and a few speeds in between. But there are two things I cannot make work:
1) the gear servo rotates the whole time, there is no delay to start or pause after stopping as a middle sloped curve should do...I thought if the servo position point is a flat line that the servo should not move until it reaches the slope of the curve at x%....
2) Getting the door to switch properly up-down-up, I was thinking about switching in a servo, I will try that next.

Is anyone using an electronic valve with these sequence curves?

Thank you again for your help. Fortunately I can fly if I ever get it done the way I have it but I went through the extra plumbing to have a nice scale approach, lights on, flaps and gear down and doors closed!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:12 PM
luv2flyrc

ORIGINAL: ddennison

Is anyone using an electronic valve with these sequence curves?

Thank you again for your help. Fortunately I can fly if I ever get it done the way I have it but I went through the extra plumbing to have a nice scale approach, lights on, flaps and gear down and doors closed!
Dave, I'm using all electronic valves. One jet has 3 Jetronics ones, the other has 3 of the new Xicoy ones. ( which are almost 1/2 the price and just as good). One valve on retracts , one on main doors, one on nose doors

Mike

Old 06-13-2013, 07:48 PM
ddennison

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

Hi Dave,

Sounds like you're on the right track. The curve will be a top hat, could be upright or inverted depending on the start position of the servo/ electronic valve.

I've attached a couple of screen shots of mine, these are from 2 different Hawk files, set up the way you want ( main doors closed with gear down)

It sounds like you may not have enough servo travel dialed in for the valve to be triggered by the back end of the curve. Does the green line indicating servo travel move all the way across your curve?

Mike
The green line moves fully across travel if I have it set close-open. But when I pull the other end of the curve back to close, the green line just moves a few %, like it doesn't see the whole middle of the curve. The valve then doesn't switch or anything. If I take this few points out (keeping the rest of the curve) I get back to close-open, 100% travel...

Will keep working on it, thanks for your help,
Dave
Old 06-13-2013, 11:24 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Dave, make sure that in gigacontrol you have the servo slowing switched off. If you have tried to slow the servo in the rx it will do what you have described.