Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JMA SCULTHORPE - OCTOBER 5/6

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JMA SCULTHORPE - OCTOBER 5/6

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 01:46 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Yes, Roger and Jamie deserve a knighthood.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:26 AM
John Tancock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick note to reiterate what has already been said, as I think it would be impolite not to!
Thanks to Kieth for hosting this event, thanks to Roger and Jamie for bringing it all together! I look forward to next years meetings!

JT
Old 10-07-2013, 06:43 AM
3dean

a great weekend thanks guys and thanks steve for letting me loose on the ultra bandit wow whata ride !
Old 10-07-2013, 06:47 AM
JP-1

Received 422 Likes on 355 Posts

Keith,

Just to say a big thank you for hosting a great event, first class location, and even the weather staged a grand finale for the event, I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the JMA team for bringing it all together, and making it happen, not just this one, all the events over the season.

It is much appreciated.

Alistair Powers.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Dave Wilshere

Few more inc Keith with his Viper.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:09 AM
JP-1

Received 422 Likes on 355 Posts

A few photographs from Sunday.

Regards,

Alistair

Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Jamie C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has been said already but i will say it again, thanks to keith for setting up this event which was well worth the 10 hour round trip! unbelievable location, had a bit of a drive around and it really is a HUGE airfield. We had a couple of guys testing pylon racers and also the free flighters ( or Futaba users as Wilshere would call them! ) using the same site, no issues at all with overlapping due to the airfields size. A hell of a lot of flying went on, the Sweeney made the trip from London without Regan, Wilshere seemed to be getting on well with his 18MZ, the dynamic duo 'Bascombe & Glass' were enjoying themselves with Glass sporting a disturbing baby Bjorn transmitter body harness! The Cock?, enough said! Always a pleasure to see John Wright's BP 111 fly. A very successful close to the season, with no major incidents.

Pilot of the weekend has to be Ian George who decided to test fly his F15 with one of he two 140RX's that were fitted to it????

Very well attended event, hopefully we should be visiting this site a couple of times next year so keep your eye on the JMA events and Facebook pages for the dates of this and other events for next year.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Jamie C

Originally Posted by jetster81
And Jamie's ICDF. Saab ?
It flew! Had issues with the onboard glow system and eventually had to 'improvise, adapt and overcome' crude but it worked! Big thanks to Glyn Dale and Gary Williamson for all the help they gave. The take off showed that i did not have enough reflex set on the elevons, climb out was steep but when i released some of the elevator it dived back on to the runway and back off again. Climbed for height and trimmed it out, flew very well and it was faster and had more power than i thought it would, hell of a roll rate as well! engine went sick a a couple of minutes into the flight which i attempted to cure with mixture control but eventually cut. The left leg only came down but slowed it enough to reduce the damage and ended up with a scraped wingtip and nose . . . . . minor! enjoyed messing about with it and it will be back with a few changes for December classic jets!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:44 AM
jetster81

Originally Posted by Jamie C
It flew! Had issues with the onboard glow system and eventually had to 'improvise, adapt and overcome' crude but it worked! Big thanks to Glyn Dale and Gary Williamson for all the help they gave. The take off showed that i did not have enough reflex set on the elevons, climb out was steep but when i released some of the elevator it dived back on to the runway and back off again. Climbed for height and trimmed it out, flew very well and it was faster and had more power than i thought it would, hell of a roll rate as well! engine went sick a a couple of minutes into the flight which i attempted to cure with mixture control but eventually cut. The left leg only came down but slowed it enough to reduce the damage and ended up with a scraped wingtip and nose . . . . . minor! enjoyed messing about with it and it will be back with a few changes for December classic jets!
Well done that man! it's a bit different ain't it ?
Old 10-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Jamie C

Yep! no autostart, love the sound though!!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:05 AM
ron Sweeney

Default Icdf

Yep! no autostart, love the sound though!!
Jamie, welcome to the past!! If you think one engine sounds good, try two. Ron.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Steve Haughty

Just to echo whats been said, big thanks to Keith for an amazing end to the season.
Excellent weather, shed loads of jet flying and great company.
Also a big thanks to the Nexus bunch for feeding and watering me yet again.
Had a ball with my new L39, nice change from 18 months of flying Eurosports.

Roll on next season.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:22 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Wilshere seemed to be getting on well with his 18MZ, .
I guess it was only a matter of time...

J
Old 10-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Dave Wilshere

Won that bet then, £50 that you would pick up on that! In your dreams, I'd rather have ginger hair...
Old 10-07-2013, 01:44 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Thats actually quite a funny comment for you Dave, are you feeling ok? It's strawberry blonde by the way..

J