Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Any Update on Ken White?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Any Update on Ken White?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Any Update on Ken White?

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Man,

Life sometimes boils down to friends, doesn't it? Bob, you're a blessing to your friend, and when his time comes, you will have made it less lonely and more dignified. I hope everyone has at least one friend like you.

A very BIG +1
Old 08-01-2013, 04:42 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Man,

Life sometimes boils down to friends, doesn't it? Bob, you're a blessing to your friend, and when his time comes, you will have made it less lonely and more dignified. I hope everyone has at least one friend like you.
Bob is a very unique person, an assett to all of us to have around.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:11 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hinckley Bill

Man,

A very BIG +1

Yes, and thanks Bob.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:21 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys for the comments, I really appreciate it and thanks to moderators for leaving this thread here.

Saw Ken and met to doctors this am. Ken is running a fever 102 fever now and they don't know where it's coming from for sure. Pumping him full of antibiotics for the fever.
Surgery is scheduled tomorrow morning for putting a feeding tube in his abdomen do a tracheostomy. If things go as the doctors hope they will, Ken will be moved to an acute long term care facility in Temple Texas, about 60 miles north of here. If things don't go well, to be blunt here, I will have a come to Jesus talk with the doctors next week.
The reason for the move to Temple is because Ken is disabled veteran with a 100% disability and they will accept him there and also next to that facility there is an excellent hospital next to it.
Ken has been in ICU for 28 days and the last 11 has been heavily sedated and is not responsive. Dialysis every day.
They have to remove the breathing tube tomorrow because he is at the max. number of days to have it in place.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:40 PM
bcovish

As a side note, if any of you, especially single guys/girls leave alone, have a trusted member of you family or a trusted friend know where all the places you do business with, banks, credit cards, utilities etc, etc. I mean account numbers, passwords, pin numbers security questions, access codes and by all means have someone have a power of attorney, medical directives. Luckily I power of attorney, medical directives and such. I have now accessed all of Ken's accounts and it has been a really trying experience to get these people to turn over records and have me on the account as a user. By doing this, it noway makes responsible for such account. Also a password for your computer, I still haven't been able to crack that one. If anyone knows a preteen, have them call me, maybe they can figure it out. :-]

I would suggest it don't be a boyfriend or girlfriend whichever applies because if they find out how poor you are, your ass may dumped or if they find out how rich you are, they can clean out your bank account then dump your ass. :-) Just trying to lighten up here.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:59 PM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob:
Thanks for trying to inject some levity. I find it helps in serious life and death matters like this. Wonderful advice. I live alone and I think your suggestion is something I need to do but have not done. Time to get off my "you know what" and do it.

Many others have said this, but thank you for all you are doing for Ken. A lot of work and very stressful, but also very satisfying to know that you are helping a dear friend who is in need of help.

Ed Valls
Old 08-01-2013, 04:24 PM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Bob I know what you are going through. I took care of my best friend Rich Fong and his estate. Hang in their.  Dan
Old 08-06-2013, 07:08 PM
bcovish

Ken is still unresponsive and no signs of coming out of it. The doctor wants to give it until 8-16 to see if he can regain consciousness. He has been in ICU for 34 days.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:20 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by bcovish
Lewis, has the shirt left yet, if not I have a new mailing address. I changed his mail to my PO Box
​You should have it by now. Keep me posted on his progress.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:23 PM
bcovish

Haven't got it yet, probably because I had his mail transferred to my PO Box
Old 08-07-2013, 05:24 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DAN AVILLA
Bob I know what you are going through. I took care of my best friend Rich Fong and his estate. Hang in their. *Dan
As a side note, if any of you, especially single guys/girls leave alone, have a trusted member of you family or a trusted friend know where all the places you do business with, banks, credit cards, utilities etc, etc. I mean account numbers, passwords, pin numbers security questions, access codes and by all means have someone have a power of attorney, medical directives. Luckily I power of attorney, medical directives and such. I have now accessed all of Ken's accounts and it has been a really trying experience to get these people to turn over records and have me on the account as a user. By doing this, it noway makes responsible for such account. Also a password for your computer, I still haven't been able to crack that one. If anyone knows a preteen, have them call me, maybe they can figure it out. :-]

I would suggest it don't be a boyfriend or girlfriend whichever applies because if they find out how poor you are, your ass may dumped or if they find out how rich you are, they can clean out your bank account then dump your ass. :-) Just trying to lighten up here.

In addition to this, may I add a written statement of what you want done in case of a serious medical condition or accident. How long before pulling the plug, would you be ok in a bed the rest of your life, would you be ok depending on someone else's care, if your heart stops...do you want to be resucitated. Do you want to be incinerated?......
These are tough decisions, but they help take some burden and frustration off your family and close ones.
The material things will take care of themselves one way or another, they always do just not always the prefered way.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:28 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Does he have any legal family? Or did he write for any person to respond for him?
I ask this because if a patient in coma goes in cardiac arrest, there's the DNR that has
to be signed by the legal representative, and placed in his record.
Any lawyer in RCUniverse can shed more light into this subject.
I had it with two of my closest family.

hmarmaizmd717
Old 08-07-2013, 10:07 AM
bcovish

Ken has two children but has had no contact with them in 30 years and has no idea where they are. I don't have a name of his son and the only name I have for the daughter is the name given at birth.
I am Ken's legal representative and have been making all medical and financial decisions for him. A DNR has been issued
Old 08-07-2013, 02:09 PM
bcovish

Lewis, got the shirt today. Took it to the hospital and hung it in his room. Told the nurses that no matter which way he leaves the hospital, I want that shirt on him.

Thanks a lot.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:38 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Lewis, got the shirt today. Took it to the hospital and hung it in his room. Told the nurses that no matter which way he leaves the hospital, I want that shirt on him.

Thanks a lot.
Bob, you are a true friend, and I'm proud to call you mine too!

I talked with Ken before the event, and he was sure looking forward to attending next year. Still looking forward to seeing him next year at Jets Over Kentucky in his shirt. That shirt means a lot to him, and he sure is a gem of a person to all of us!

Lewis
Old 08-09-2013, 06:01 AM
E.N.T.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks God you are taking care of everything. Just hoping he recovers BUT, anything can happen
That's why I was asking.

hmarmaizmd717
Old 08-11-2013, 08:04 PM
bcovish

It saddens me to report that Ken passed away this evening 5 minutes after he was taken off life support. He was in ICU for 39 days. There were five of us fellow jet jocks in the room as he took off on the final flight.

Last edited by bcovish; 08-11-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:10 PM
bcovish

Lewis, Ken is making his last flight in the Kentucky Jets shirt.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 PM
F15driver
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad to hear this Bob. Ken was a good man with a kind heart.

Rob Puetz
Old 08-12-2013, 02:04 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by F15driver
Sad to hear this Bob. Ken was a good man with a kind heart.

Rob Puetz
Yes, he was.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:56 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

+1001
Old 08-12-2013, 04:35 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Bob, when funeral arrangements are complete, please post them. Thanks
Tom
Old 08-12-2013, 05:21 AM
bcovish

Tom, call me when you have time.

512-680-2509
Old 08-12-2013, 05:29 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

very sorry to hear this. and thank you Bob for being a good friend.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:36 AM
Terry Holston

It saddens me to report that Ken passed away this evening 5 minutes after he was taken off life support. He was in ICU for 39 days. There were five of us fellow jet jocks in the room as he took off on the final flight.
It saddens me to read these words. It brings tears to my eyes, even though I didn't know Ken. I Know ken didn't have any better friends than Bob and those in his room. I am sure he is wearing that T proudly. God bless him and all of you for being there with him at the end..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.