Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

1/6th F-16 choices

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

1/6th F-16 choices

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1/6th F-16 choices

Hey guys,

Im looking at ALL my options for my future F-16 and I cant find some information about a certain brand. I might be totally off the wall but are Jet Legend and Global Jet Clubs F-16`s the same birds?

Also, I cant seem to find any information about GJC`s F-16. I go to there site but no pictures show up. Very little detail out there about it. If anyone knows anything about the GJC F-16 please let me know. Im considering SM, Jet Legend or GJC.

Thanks guys

Steven
Old 09-08-2013, 07:46 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

The GJC is a Jetlegend they do with their own mods. I would go GJC or SM, from what everyone says the sm gear works the best plus they have good customer service history. I have met the GJC guys and they are a great group of guys! With the f-16 as you know if the gear doesn't work right all the time its going to be a nightmare. Something to consider is converting your gear to electric with what every you get. Good luck
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I thunk for the price and reliability, SM is hard to beat.

To me GJC/J.L. are the nicest though.

David
Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you gents. Its much appreciated. I will call GJC on monday and ask some questions.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:54 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A local guy has a GJC 1/6 F-16 and we compared his plane with my SM 1/6 F-16. After the walkthrough the guy wished he had gotten a SM F-16. The landing gear in not in the same league as Skymaster. General fit and finish isn't as good either. The GJC plane isn't bad, but just not as good. If you're on a tight budget, you will save money with the GJC F-16. It also appears to be solid in the air and GJC has great customer service as does SM.

Last edited by dubd; 09-08-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:10 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

With the last JetLegent model my friend lost 5000 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...nt-hawk-4.html
stay away ,my 2c

The SkyMaster F-16 is by far the best.Its not the ones you see out there,because recently a new Generation2 released with greater scale detail!
http://www.skymasterjet.cohttp://www...et.com/f16.htm

On top of that if you planing to fly it over 10 times and have a few hard landings ,then the only gear that will still work it will be the SM one.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:32 AM
Malcolm Kay
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YOU talk to the south florida guys ..... Mike Sarysz,,,, over two hundred and fifty flights with a JL F16 with a Jetcat 200 and a Mammoth ,,,,,, two hundred and fifty !!!! then sold the plane and it has been repainted and still flying another 100 flights with another owner,,,, now Mike moved on th the JL series two version ,, much lighter and still with the mammoth ,,,,ask him about value for money ,longevity and fabulous flying...and happy landings . .You need to check out the new Jet Legend F16 rivet version I wont knock any other manufacturer's product for comparison, burt I will blow the trumpet for JL . Check out Mike's recent post with the pictures of his two aircraft ....a very biased Malcolm Kay
Old 09-09-2013, 05:57 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is only one answer... Skymaster. And buy it through BVM and do the BVM addendum's. The gear is bullet proof and works every time. Give Dustin a call and visit with him about it. You will not be disappointed and if you buy anything else you will wished you had got the Skymaster after the fact. And with all that being said, they fly awsome !!!

Danno
Old 09-09-2013, 06:26 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

With that said, I dont think you will ever hear feedback of any F-16 not flying good, they all do. Even the ones that fail in the air flew good up to that point.

At least you can take the worry of the fliying qualities off your head. Focus on reliability, looks, and product support. The right answer(s) are on this thread.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have a side on the pissing match, but follow the link about the HAWK where at the same field a SM MB339 crashed too, does that mean you should stay away from both? The real winner for me was"

"On top of that if you planing to fly it over 10 times and have a few hard landings ,then the only gear that will still work it will be the SM one"

If you plan on slamming either one in the ground, neither would survive, and you can take that to the Bank

Look at both, check out the build threads of ONLY the F-16's on both and see which one you like, be it for details, price or what ever. BTW, I do own the JL 1/8th F-16, but that one is totally different than the one you are asking about.

Originally Posted by DelGatoGrande
With the last JetLegent model my friend lost 5000 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...nt-hawk-4.html
stay away ,my 2c

The SkyMaster F-16 is by far the best.Its not the ones you see out there,because recently a new Generation2 released with greater scale detail!
http://www.skymasterjet.cohttp://www...et.com/f16.htm

On top of that if you planing to fly it over 10 times and have a few hard landings ,then the only gear that will still work it will be the SM one.