Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 05:21 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Scott,

What ignition kill switch is it?

The Jeti Magnetic switch works by shorting out a signal line to ground to shut down the device - open line means the device is in the 'on' state. Very little current flows through the mag switch.

Unless it is designed to work with a Jeti magnetic switch I have my doubts that it would work.

Paul
Old 09-05-2017, 06:03 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul

its the magnetic switch used to turn a receiver on and off. I am feeling it will not work either. There is no singnal wire in play. Only positive and negative in what I thought would be a cool solution.

Thanks

scott.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:50 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Scott, the real switch has to be an electronic switch inside the device you are trying to control, the Jeti magnetic switch is really a signaller to that device. The Jeti magnetic switch cannot be used as a primary switch. As Paul said, when you switch on a Jeti mag switch you are actually switching it off, the electronic switch in the device you are controlling senses the off state and switches on! That's how the device switch failsafes to the on state if anything happens to the magnetic switch. So the magnetic switch actually switches to the opposite state that you think, and it's not designed for serious currents. What you can do is fit a proper switch controlled by a magnetic switch such as http://www.jetimodel.com/en/katalog/Accessories/BEC-Regulators-Switches/@produkt/SPS-20/
Old 09-06-2017, 08:31 AM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Somethingt.

Last edited by rbgetz; 09-06-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:35 AM
rbgetz

I'm trying to transition a few more models over and have a setup question. I like to have the nose wheel steering turn off when the gear comes up. I've tried a few things but not working. Can someone give me a hint as to how I can turn that servo off when gear is in the up position. Is that a mix? sequence? Rob
Old 09-06-2017, 08:38 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I just do dual rates and have the gear switch change the rate to "0" when the gear is up.....
Old 09-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I make two rudder to steering mixes, one high rate and one low. Then I use logical switch that it works only in conjunction with gear switch. So gear up, no mixing. Easy.

HI-rate for taxing and low for Landing/takeoff.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:53 AM
rbgetz

Ahhh. Good Ideas using the dual rates.. I'll give that a try tonight when I get back home. I also like the higher rate on the nose wheel for taxing and low rate for takeoff and landing. I appreciate both your help on this!
Old 09-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

I suggest a rudder to nosewheel steering mix that is active with the gear down and turns off with the gear up, in the mix window at the bottom you will see an option to have the dual rate active. Then simply go into your dual rate an expo function select the nosewheel steering I assign it to the spring-loaded switch SH. When I pull the switch it it gives me a higher rate for turning around on the runway. When you release the switch you set it to your low take off rate that way you can never forget to be in low Nose wheel steering rate for take off

Last edited by Bob_B; 09-06-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine is on that 3 way switch which has spring load up, standard middle-low. Low hi rates , mid lo rates and up resets timer. When on starting position for takeoff I reset timer and leave at middle=low rates. Another spring loaded 3 way is for wheelbrakes and airbrake. Works for me.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:36 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by csandt051196
I am trying to use a jeti magnetic switch between a battery and ignition kill switch. I want to be able to disconnect the battery from the kill switch without having to always unplug the wires. I have a switch laying around so I am trying this idea.

Is is this possible? If, how?

Thanks

Scott

Very simple, use Jeti OPTO 06 electronic switch connected to any channel.

Zb/Jeti USA

Jeti Electronic Ignition Kill Switch 15V/6A SP 06 Opto

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeti-sp06-opton.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	2230879
Old 09-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Ray Millington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,
I am trying to set up 3 Flight Modes on my DS16,on an F3B Glider (a Wizard)
1 is Speed, 2 is Normal ( meaning no aileron camber or flap setting) 3 is Thermal
I have set up the 3 modes in the Flight Modes Menu ,and assigned a 3 position switch (switch Se) all ok so far,
When i go to Flight Mode Trim,I can see at the top of the screen next to the TX strength logo the 3 modes i.e. when i operate switch Se i see Speed,Normal,and Thermal indicated in turn,
Below the Function line are the settings for the controls e.g. Ailerons ,Elevator,Flaps e.c.t,
When i set for example a value for Ailerons with the switch set for Speed i get the Ailerons both moving up say 20%,ok so far,
The problem i have is that the Ailerons do not re-set to neutral when i move the switch to the normal position,the Ailerons stay at 20% up?
Clearly i am missing something,any help would be appreciated thanks Guys,
Ray.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:57 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Ray, have you changed the trim from G to S ?
Old 09-08-2017, 02:15 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hi all,
I am trying to set up 3 Flight Modes on my DS16,on an F3B Glider (a Wizard)
1 is Speed, 2 is Normal ( meaning no aileron camber or flap setting) 3 is Thermal
I have set up the 3 modes in the Flight Modes Menu ,and assigned a 3 position switch (switch Se) all ok so far,
When i go to Flight Mode Trim,I can see at the top of the screen next to the TX strength logo the 3 modes i.e. when i operate switch Se i see Speed,Normal,and Thermal indicated in turn,
Below the Function line are the settings for the controls e.g. Ailerons ,Elevator,Flaps e.c.t,
When i set for example a value for Ailerons with the switch set for Speed i get the Ailerons both moving up say 20%,ok so far,
The problem i have is that the Ailerons do not re-set to neutral when i move the switch to the normal position,the Ailerons stay at 20% up?
Clearly i am missing something,any help would be appreciated thanks Guys,
Ray.
As Harry said you need to change the trims from G (global) to S (separate) if you want independent settings for each flight mode. Also, since this is a glider and you sound like you are adjusting camber, you may want to look at the Butterfly menu. If you do use the butterfly menu ,set the switch field to LOG_MAX (select the logical switch s and scroll all the way to the bottom). Setting the switch to LOG MAX will cause it to evaluate to 100% all the time, which since the switch value also scales the butterfly settings, that's what you want. This will also need to be set to S so your settings are flight mode dependent.
Hope this helps

Wayne
Old 09-10-2017, 02:09 AM
Ray Millington

Hi Harry and Wayne,
Thanks for the reply regarding the Mode activation ,i was almost there and had set the first Mode to Separate but not the other Modes,anyway all is now working perfectly,

Wayne i saw in a previous post that you have the DS 24 , Am i correct in thinking that it has control button switches on the back of the transmitter?
Do you remember i posted that i was trying to do the same on my DS16 last year (Not my idea Graupner did it years ago) i was wondering do you find them useful and easy to use when flying?
​​​​​​​Ray
Old 09-10-2017, 03:48 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hi Harry and Wayne,
Thanks for the reply regarding the Mode activation ,i was almost there and had set the first Mode to Separate but not the other Modes,anyway all is now working perfectly,

Wayne i saw in a previous post that you have the DS 24 , Am i correct in thinking that it has control button switches on the back of the transmitter?
Do you remember i posted that i was trying to do the same on my DS16 last year (Not my idea Graupner did it years ago) i was wondering do you find them useful and easy to use when flying?
​​​​​​​Ray
Ray,

Actually I have a DS16 and a DC24 but not a DS24. From what I have seen the DS24 does have switches and I think sliders on the back and I do recall you asking about this in the past..I think there are probably photos on the Esprit website that show their placement which may help you decide if they would be useful to you. I suspect whether people like them or not will be highly subjective depending on the size of people hands, how they grip the transmitter, etc...The thing I don't know is exactly how they behave as they appear to be similar to the trim buttons and I'm not sure what functions they would be useful for,,,, While it seems to me that they could be quite useful, I'm not sure which functions I would use them for and I have a hard time keeping track of the switches that I already have so tend to keep my setups as simple as possible....
Old 09-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Ray Millington

Wayne i found the switch buttons on the rear of my old Graupner tx very handy as they fell perfectly under my finger tips i used them to give me precise aileron movement and could perform the most satisfying consistent slow rolls ,
Obviously inputting the Rudder and Elevator manually,
On my DS 16 i would use them (if fitted) for example for Autotrim as the button would be directly under my finger tip,
​​​​​​​Ray
Old 09-11-2017, 07:30 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
I suggest a rudder to nosewheel steering mix that is active with the gear down and turns off with the gear up, in the mix window at the bottom you will see an option to have the dual rate active. Then simply go into your dual rate an expo function select the nosewheel steering I assign it to the spring-loaded switch SH. When I pull the switch it it gives me a higher rate for turning around on the runway. When you release the switch you set it to your low take off rate that way you can never forget to be in low Nose wheel steering rate for take off
+1
Old 09-11-2017, 08:24 AM
rbgetz

Yep, as usual, I'm amazed with this radio!! I tried the nose wheel shutoff many ways, as suggested, to test it out. I now have high rate on the spring-switch. really like it... Thanks for all the help. I think now i need to get a standard set up for switches and types of switches on my models for consistency. especially since i fly different types from jets to giant scale warbirds. really liking the Jeti platform. Just an FYI - I was at an event this weekend and had at least 6 people come up and wanting to just hold the DS16 and looking to convert.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:43 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

Originally Posted by ZB
Letting you know that we passed all FCC tests for Jeti REX 3 and REX 3 900MHz receivers.

Zb/Jeti USA

Jeti Duplex EX R3 REX 2.4GHz Receiver w/Telemetry
Jeti Duplex EX R3 REX 900MHz Receiver w/Telemetry

Attachment 2221815Attachment 2221816
Hi,
This was posted back in June, but still not available.
Can we get an update please?
Old 09-28-2017, 06:34 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kirkj
Hi,
This was posted back in June, but still not available.
Can we get an update please?
Over on the RCG Jeti thread, I think it was mentioned that the REX3 is switching to the A20 antenna configuration and is awaiting FCC approval.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:23 AM
number27

I am not the best (simple) at programming my DS16. To stop my wheels from gyroscopic forces (CARF J10) upon takeoff. Would like some suggestions on a mix of upon Gear UP (SH) just to tap the Brakes (LS) for say 2 seconds to stop the wheels from spinning and then Brakes OFF this is to assist with retraction of the mains. I have tried a couple of thoughts but now seeking assistance.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:12 AM
philjac94

Logic switch and Curve. Pretty easy even for your simple programming skill level
Old 10-21-2017, 04:12 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

You could do a simple sequencer when you switch the gear up the brake go on 20% or so 2 seconds then the gear goes up.

Last edited by Dansy; 10-21-2017 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:34 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Have a look here we have Sequencer Video
Zb/Jeti USA

Jeti Video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.