Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 01:33 PM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes between battery and Esc, the R3/RSW is plugged directly to the Main Switch. Switch comes standard with magnetic switch same as Central Box 200.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 03-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Puttputt maru

With regards to the CB200.

If you choose to have an alarm in advance property-Wireless Modes/Trainer and choose Alarm at: Loss of BOTH receiver you WON'T get an audible alarm when any one of the receiver is lost but on the display of the Telemetry for all 4 antennas you will all see the one that is lost and the other one will continue to give you a reading.

If you choose to have an alarm in advance property-Wireless Modes/Trainer and choose Alarm at: Loss of ANY receiver you will get an audible alarm when at least one of the receiver is lost but on the display of the Telemetry for all 4 antennas they will all disappear and default to 0%. So how do you know which one you actually did loose?

Is there a way to still have the antenna reading show you which is lost AND to have an audible alarm?
Old 03-30-2014, 02:22 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im gonna mess with it this week.. I have put mine to BOTH for the time being.. I am looking to see if we can alarm off of antenna strength
Old 03-30-2014, 02:26 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
With regards to the CB200.

If you choose to have an alarm in advance property-Wireless Modes/Trainer and choose Alarm at: Loss of BOTH receiver you WON'T get an audible alarm when any one of the receiver is lost but on the display of the Telemetry for all 4 antennas you will all see the one that is lost and the other one will continue to give you a reading.

If you choose to have an alarm in advance property-Wireless Modes/Trainer and choose Alarm at: Loss of ANY receiver you will get an audible alarm when at least one of the receiver is lost but on the display of the Telemetry for all 4 antennas they will all disappear and default to 0%. So how do you know which one you actually did loose?

Is there a way to still have the antenna reading show you which is lost AND to have an audible alarm?
I've been wondering the same thing lately and I haven't figured it out either. Basically the Signal Lost warning is telling you that your not getting telemetry back from that receiver, not that it isn't receiveing control information (please correct me if I'm wrong about this). Hopefully, the telemetry range is considerably shorter than the control range so does it really matter which receiver has lost signal? You're still basically getting a warning that you are reaching the limits of where your telemetry will operate correctly which seems to be the most important bit of information. Still, I really don't understand why we lose the display of all antennas when you select alarm on "loss of either receiver". Somehow that seems like a software bug to me..
Old 03-30-2014, 02:56 PM
gooseF22

guys, no fear

Yes, its telling you the telemetry link back is broken, not the control link . Remember the transmitter is the only thing that knows you have 2 separate links in dual path, the CB200 does not know this, so by default transmitter needs both receivers initially providing EX data to link up and start transmitting.. so its actually operating like two independent radios.. so by telling it any link loss, its losing one or two of those links to its data return path, and you definitely still have control of the model... So I have set them to Loss of Both.. Also remember that most of the operation references are off the Primary receiver alerts.. in other words, if you had half the model on one receiver and half the servos on the other half, you would want to know if EITHER receiver lost, but since we are using them redundantly Im less worried about losing one if the other is working..

EDIT: Delete: "As far as Control information, you are broadcasting 100mW to the model and 10mW back, so the basic premise of this transmitter is that you WILL always have control of the model if you have data link, and you will Probably have control, when data link is interrupted, just like old days.. By virtue of radiated power, you should have it, but with the datalink return using the same rx antennas, Instead of separate antennas(JRtm1000), you can ensure that you always have a robust link if data is coming back to you (this singular item is worth the investment in Jeti)"

Delete this paragraph..as the information is not correct..see Dannys message below

For now Im running dual path with the BOTH links fail alarm. as far as more alarms, I have to experiment a bit.. the CB looks at the valid receiver signal in the order of 1 then 2 and uses that as it appears to me, but defaults to whichever one is linked to module 1 as primary., so I set up the primary receiver up in the nose of the jet where the cleanest signal is usually possible.

we will figure this out more as we go..

Last edited by gooseF22; 03-30-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:05 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
guys, no fear

As far as Control information, you are broadcasting 100mW to the model and 10mW back, so the basic premise of this transmitter is that you WILL always have control of the model if you have data link, and you will Probably have control, when data link is interrupted, just like old days.. By virtue of radiated power, you should have it, but with the datalink return using the same rx antennas, Instead of separate antennas(JRtm1000), you can ensure that you always have a robust link if data is coming back to you (this singular item is worth the investment ..
Actually, the transmit power of the RX is the same as the TX. This is a common misconception based on the real world experience that telemetry is usually lost before control is lost. This is in fact due to the generally poorer antenna orientation and path for the airborne antennas.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:07 PM
gooseF22

thank you danny, I stand corrected. I guess I have much more to learn.

Last edited by gooseF22; 03-30-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:23 AM
Puttputt maru

guys, no fear
It is not really that I have fear about not knowing if I lose signal, after all before telemetry we never knew anyway, I was just wondering if by using "any" links fail alarm, we would know which Rx has failed.

Basically right now either:

1) With "ANY" : We get an audible alarm but both antenna readings disappear. So we need to test if the telemetry will register which one was lost.

2) With "BOTH": We know which is lost by the antenna reading, and presumably by the telemetry, but only upon landing since we don't get an audible alarm if we only lose one.

I am not sure which I prefer for now both have merits and drawbacks.

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 03-31-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:13 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
It is not really that I have fear about not knowing if I lose signal, after all before telemetry we never knew anyway, I was just wondering if by using "any" links fail alarm, we would know which Rx has failed.

Basically right now either:

1) With "ANY" : We get an audible alarm but both antenna readings disappear. So we need to test if the telemetry will register which one was lost.

2) With "BOTH": We know which is lost by the antenna reading, and presumably by the telemetry, but only upon landing since we don't get an audible alarm if we only lose one.

I am not sure which I prefer for now both have merits and drawbacks.
I agree in many ways..we will sort this out over time..
Old 03-31-2014, 11:39 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Goose... We got to check the issue of signal loss announcement and antenna display in a CB200 environment and a R14 with another receiver in dual path...

Thanks
Old 04-01-2014, 04:38 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Goose... We got to check the issue of signal loss announcement and antenna display in a CB200 environment and a R14 with another receiver in dual path...

Thanks
I tried testing a receiver failure with a CB200 and 2, R3s Yesterday and I couldn't find a way to get different messages based on which receiver is lost. There appears to be a single "Signal lost" selection under system sounds and I couldn't find a morse code alarm setting under sat 1 or sat 2 output pins with a jeti box. Where you able to get this working and if so, how??

Thanks
Old 04-01-2014, 08:38 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Wayne...

I was not able to find a different alarm for that function either.. My main concern is the display of the antenna numbers.. if you lose one receiver in Dual Path setup the display for antenna reception and battery will show "dashes" for all antenna and both batteries... I wanted to see if there is a way to show "dashes" for for the "lost receiver" only...
Old 04-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Puttputt maru

Version 3.01 of Tx is out

http://jetimodel.coptertec.com/en/Do...-01/index.html

Do it today you will love it

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 04-01-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:09 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That link doesn't work
Old 04-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Puttputt maru

It was an April fools day joke. The link got pulled not sure if it came from Jeti. But you downloaded the file and you got an April fools day smile.

I found it funny, I really got fooled by the page it was showing
Old 04-01-2014, 12:43 PM
gooseF22

LOL... thats funny..

The new version of transmitter software should be 2.3 when it releases.. In the mean time, go flyTx 2.2x with confidence using rx3.2
Old 04-01-2014, 12:44 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by LA jetguy

Thanks
Yes, I did some initial testing, and asked a couple questions upline to the smart folks.. I will post any results I find as warranted..

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-02-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:31 AM
Puttputt maru

LOL... thats funny..

The new version of transmitter software should be 2.3 when it releases.. In the mean time, go flyTx 2.2x with confidence using rx3.2

Apparently, it was a joke from one of the german Jeti-Forum members and Jeti is seriously pissed off from what "Todde" reported. Good thing it was no pishing because I really feel for it and it really looked like a Jeti page
Old 04-02-2014, 08:43 AM
gooseF22

Mort78 asked about setting up a Cortex Gyro in the DS16..using the orange bank only..
This assumes you already did your actual setup flights and your flight modes or switch settings..
For example, this assumes you have it on a 3 position switch that is for flaps up, flaps mid, and flaps down..

For example, if your desired flaps up is 50% gain, your mid flap is 55%, and your landing mode is 60% gain

1. In the initial model setup, you can select the number of gyros installed 1 or 2 or 3

2. Function assignment: set up the control switch, do not use a trim switch

3. Fine Tuning / GyroSettings (only present if a gyro is selected)
You will see position X at the top.. move your selector switch and it will move between position 1,2,3.
For each switch setting, you can put -50, -55, and -60 for each respective mode corresponding with your desired flight modes
Make sure its in GLOBAL mode (G on right)

Then we set up Tuning for each flight mode/switch position so we can kill the gain in an emergency
select and scroll to tuning on the gyro menu, and set up a switch to kill the gain, or a knob..
when you select a switch/knob, you need to touch reverse
Then in the gyro menu, on the right side under gyro sense., make the value on the right the opposite of the left value, i.e.: +50, +55, +60 FOR EACH MODE

Then when you select flaps, you will see respective servo output for your gyro channel, BUT
when you flip the tuning switch/knob, it will zero it out immediately, thusly allowing you to bypass the gyro in the event of a breakaway mount, or malfunction..

There is other ways, but this seems the most simple to set up.. check your servo output page to see..

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-02-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:19 PM
gooseF22

Yes, I did some initial testing, and asked a couple questions upline to the smart folks.. I will post any results I find as warranted..
Answers..

If we are running 2 receivers on a CB in EX mode, then an additional clone receiver cannot be used.. It cannot convert PPM to EX..

If we are running the 2 receivers in PPM mode into the CB, then you can input a PPM signal from a clone.. but the input is much slower due to the analog nature of PPM vs Ex.. so it doesn't sound like a good tradeoff..

Also I did confirm from Jeti, that we should be using Auto on the Sat receiver for PPM speed if its talking to the Main receiver to keep latency down to the minimum.. The adjustable PPM speed is designed for fixed period PPM systems and higher latency systems.. Our receiver is very low latency, so it can accept "auto" ppm coming in.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:33 AM
mort78
My Feedback: (1)

Many thanks for the advice Goose..... you're a star! I will play around with it when I get 5 minutes spare
Old 04-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Walo

Also I did confirm from Jeti, that we should be using Auto on the Sat receiver for PPM speed if its talking to the Main receiver to keep latency down to the minimum.. The adjustable PPM speed is designed for fixed period PPM systems and higher latency systems.. Our receiver is very low latency, so it can accept "auto" ppm coming in.
I had Problems with "Auto" when I connected two SAT Receivers to the Central Box 200. Analog Servos didn't like it. Increasing latency to 20ms before switching to EX Mode solved the Problem. These Problems occured after the Receiver update with the newest Firmware.

I think Auto Mode doesn't mean that optimal latency values for the servos are choosen but the Receiver just takes latency values from the Transmitter.

Regards, Walter

Last edited by Walo; 04-03-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:06 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Goose......... Will see you at Toledo tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:30 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Walo
I had Problems with "Auto" when I connected two SAT Receivers to the Central Box 200. Analog Servos didn't like it. Increasing latency to 20ms before switching to EX Mode solved the Problem. These Problems occured after the Receiver update with the newest Firmware.

I think Auto Mode doesn't mean that optimal latency values for the servos are choosen but the Receiver just takes latency vakues from the Transmitter.

Regards, Walter
Walter, Yes, kinda

Auto means "use the fastest speed you can based on transmitter and receiver capability digital link" that can be as low as .10 mSec

do this:
When using the CB200, you have 3 speeds to set in device explorer
1. go to the 1st receiver, and set its speed to auto.. Keep it in EX mode, make sure failsafe is off
2. repeat on 2nd receiver..
3. navigate to CB200 under general settings, and set that value to 17 to 22ms, for analog servos. It is independent of the input speed from the receivers..

All your failsafe values are also set in the Cbox..not the receivers..
CBOX output speed is the one you have to play with to make sure all your servos operate properly..dont mess with the receiver speed

I had some HS65's that operate brakes /gear that won't operate unless the speed is at or above 17 mSec..

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-03-2014 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:37 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Hey Goose......... Will see you at Toledo tomorrow.
Excellent!! Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Danny and ZB have some Excellent displays showing what this system will do..

I also have my Habu32 there to so you can see the dual receiver, and the Cortex in action with the DS16, and the little Orange conversion box for the HH BNF stuff, along with all their cool stuff..

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-03-2014 at 06:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.