Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

" little Orange conversion box for the HH BNF stuff "

Tell me more!!
Not being able to fly my micro Habu and the like on the Jeti DS16 is for me has been its only "one" very small draw back

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 04-03-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:53 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden

" little Orange conversion box for the HH BNF stuff "

Tell me more!! not being able to fly my micro Habu and the like on the Jeti DS16 is for me its only flaw
Nope.. you have to fly to Toledo and see it....

just kidding

Here it is below..

Take any Duplex receiver and put it in PPM mode 8 chan .20 ms
Buy the Orange Spektrum transmitter module from Hobby King, about 35 bucks..couple weeks
Hook the PPM out on the duplex to the PPM in on the module.
Put a 6-8.4 volt battery/switch on the receiver, and it will power both..

you bind each model in the DS16 to the single receiver in the box
You bind each HH BNF model to the module.. It will automatically select the right mode
remember each mode from each model, as they will use one of the 4 DSM modes..and it flashes an LED accordingly
1. DSM 22ms
2. DSM 11ms
3. DSMX 22ms
4. DSMX 11ms

When you swap models, just select the correct model in the DS16, turn on the converter, plug in model..make sure it responds.. tap the button on the orange box if needed until it works..
go fly..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1519.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	1983655  
Old 04-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Mark Vandervelden

So it works like a RF relay station very clever
Is there any noticeable "control lag" as the signal has to go through a few hoops before it reaches the airframe?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:12 AM
gooseF22

not much lag, I don't notice it...its a foamy anyway.. most of the BNF stuff is 22ms anyway, so its slow
The Jeti stuff is in Auto .10ms, so the ppm is fixed at .20, and the orange is 22ms. so I a tiny bit but not bad

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-03-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:15 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Guys,

I flew my QQ Aircraft Pitts Python with Central Box 200 and two, R3 receivers, for the first time today. All went well with the exception
that I noticed an occasional "glitch" in the elevator servos when cycling them with the transmitter set to high rates. I thought perhaps I
wasn't moving the sticks smoothly enough so I used the servo test mode to operate both elevator servos and sure enough every few
seconds they will stutter. I can't tell if both elevator channels misbehave at the same time but they both do it. The servos are JR8711s
and are never behaved this way prior to converting from Spektrum to Jeti. I thought perhaps the frame rate was too high, even though
they are digital servos, so I tried switching the CB200 and both R3 from Auto to 20ms and it still does it. I also tried all the way up to 24ms
without any improvement. I had also noticed similar behavior a couple of times on the JR 4721 analog throttle servo during setup but I thought
perhaps the servo needed new gears or something and swapped it out. I really don't think it's the servos but I'm currently trying to resurrect
an old Hitec servo programmer which I believe can act as a servo tester as well. Any one have any suggestions as to what may be going on here??
Old 04-03-2014, 05:43 PM
wfield0455

Well, this servo stuttering issue is officially a mystery. I unplugged the elevator servos from the Central box and tested them using a Hitec servo programmer. They work fine, as I expected they would. I decided to select a different model memory that I have bound to an R14 receiver, plugged the servos into the R14 and ran the servo test again for about 5 minutes. No sign of any problems so I figured that ruled out an issue with the DS16. I'm now starting to think that either the central box or one of the R3s in defective. I copied the Python's original model memory to a backup, select the backup model memory and bind it to a different central box and two different R3s that I had. I ran the servo test again and everything worked fine. I decided I would start swapping out the components one at a time to isolate the defective piece(s). I ended up accidentally binding the original, possibly defective central box and R3 to the backup model memory. I decided to run the servo test again and now the original central box and r3s are working fine. I swapped back to the original model memory, ran the servo test and the stutter is back. Swap back to the backup and no stutter. Repeated swapping model memories several times and the the problem always follows the original model memory, even though the backup should be identical. Very strange. For lack of a better idea, ended up deleting the original model memory and using the backup copy and everything seems to work properly. I'm guessing that there must have been some corruption in the original file that got corrected when I copied it over or something but we may never know at this point... I hate these kinds of mysteries I'm open to other ideas of what may have gone wrong if anyone has any.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:45 AM
Puttputt maru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wfield0455, I had a reverse problem like yours where a model was working fine and when I made a copy of it, the copy was corrupted with my throttle being reversed and a sound file as well (thanks god for that) which is what brought the problem to my attention. Never could repeat it either.
As in your case could be software related or just a glitch, but it is going to be very hard to find and correct if needed.
Because of it I don't have a base model for my setups that I copy, but a good old work sheet that I follow to setup new models.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:31 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
wfield0455, I had a reverse problem like yours where a model was working fine and when I made a copy of it, the copy was corrupted with my throttle being reversed and a sound file as well (thanks god for that) which is what brought the problem to my attention. Never could repeat it either.
As in your case could be software related or just a glitch, but it is going to be very hard to find and correct if needed.
Because of it I don't have a base model for my setups that I copy, but a good old work sheet that I follow to setup new models.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has this kind of weird stuff happen.. I'm wishing I had copied both files off of the transmitter and did a binary compare so that I could see what the difference was,if any. It's too late now as I already deleted the troublesome model memory. This was the very first model I set up and I made MANY changes before I was happy with it so perhaps there was something left behind by all the things I changed. At this point I'm just glad to have my servos moving smoothly again.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Puttputt maru

Well it looks like the April fool day joke I fell for was not too far off the mark look at this:

I think we have revolution coming up. We just receiver new 3.00 version of the Jeti DS/DC Transmitter software for testing. Jeti has decided to skip the 2.3 and introduced brand new set of features in upcoming V3.00.

(We do NOT know Release date yet, software will be released when it's ready!!!!)

Zb/Esprit Model

I think this particular one will bring our hobby to next level.

Telemetry Controls (Advanced Properties → Telemetry Controls)

This feature takes the abilities of the Duplex telemetry system to the next level. Not only can you display telemetry data, record it to your SD card or have it voice announced, now it is possible to control specific model functions using sensors inputs. This way, some tasks that previously required manual adjustment via visual estimation or alarms can now be automated.

Up to 8 controls labeled MX1 – MX8 are available, depending on the type of transmitter and equipment. Telemetry controls offer functionality in two modes:
• The Switch mode enables you to create a virtual two-position switch using the value of one telemetry parameter. This switch is always active based on the fulfillment of defined logical conditions.
• The Proportional Control mode enables you to transform a certain range of sensor values into a fully proportional control. It can automatically and smoothly control any kind of function using telemetry feedback.

Examples for the possible use of the telemetry controls
• If the model speed is less than X m/s, flaps will be raised automatically.
• If the current is larger than X amperes, the motor run timer starts.
• If the motor temperature is higher than 80 °C, the maximum throttle will be limited by the mix.
• If the on-state of the limit switch is detected, the sequencer automatically starts. (eg after opening the landing gear doors, the main gear will be deployed).

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 04-04-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Walo

Originally Posted by gooseF22
do this:
When using the CB200, you have 3 speeds to set in device explorer
1. go to the 1st receiver, and set its speed to auto.. Keep it in EX mode, make sure failsafe is off
2. repeat on 2nd receiver..
3. navigate to CB200 under general settings, and set that value to 17 to 22ms, for analog servos. It is independent of the input speed from the receivers..
Thanks, that works!

Walter
Old 04-04-2014, 02:16 PM
gooseF22

I had the opportunity to check out the new software today.. It has all the functionality described, and it also has remote reset for the CB200.. I set it to a knob, so I just dial the knob and it asks if I want to reset the CB200 counters.. That will be worth the upgrade alone when it comes out..

In addition it will have the single step trim for jet guys to kill with, and the functions that slated for in 2.3 including all the dual servo/digital output functions.

The MX1-8 function is really cool.. as described, it lets you trigger any function with a telemetry point.. In simple terms, you set it up like an alarm, but now it can perform a function..

It has a sound feedback for switches and knobs/positions too. that will be good for the heli guys that need to find the center collective position on the throttle by sound. You can also set it to beep at any position like a slider or knob beeping at center..

The software will be modularized in 3.0 to support the DS14 as well.. so a new menu item will show under system.. For DS/C16 peeps, it doesn't mean anything since we have full functionality.

Its going to be critical to understand your receiver setups more in the future... stay tuned and we will cover jet setups.. Split receiver functions, etc...

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-04-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:21 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Hi Guys,

I flew my QQ Aircraft Pitts Python with Central Box 200 and two, R3 receivers, for the first time today. All went well with the exception
that I noticed an occasional "glitch" in the elevator servos when cycling them with the transmitter set to high rates. I thought perhaps I
wasn't moving the sticks smoothly enough so I used the servo test mode to operate both elevator servos and sure enough every few
seconds they will stutter. I can't tell if both elevator channels misbehave at the same time but they both do it. The servos are JR8711s
and are never behaved this way prior to converting from Spektrum to Jeti. I thought perhaps the frame rate was too high, even though
they are digital servos, so I tried switching the CB200 and both R3 from Auto to 20ms and it still does it. I also tried all the way up to 24ms
without any improvement. I had also noticed similar behavior a couple of times on the JR 4721 analog throttle servo during setup but I thought
perhaps the servo needed new gears or something and swapped it out. I really don't think it's the servos but I'm currently trying to resurrect
an old Hitec servo programmer which I believe can act as a servo tester as well. Any one have any suggestions as to what may be going on here??
Wayne, its also important that you set the following using the CB200

Set R3/Rx receiver speed to Auto with failsafe off
Only modify the output speed of the CB200 to satisfy servo speed
Only set up the Failsafe in the CB200
Also ensure that your mated servos are in the same group, and that only A-C grps are used..

Im glad you found relief by copying to a new model

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-04-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Puttputt maru

With all this Jeti who IMHO was already ahead is definitely pulling ahead of the pack now.
Single step trim and CB200 remote reset, they really have their ears on what we ask.
A big thumb up for Jeti
Old 04-04-2014, 02:34 PM
gooseF22

With all this Jeti who IMHO was already ahead is definitely pulling ahead of the pack now.
Single step trim and CB200 remote reset, they really have their ears on what we ask.
A big thumb up for Jeti
We had a lot of jet guys stop by the Jeti/demon booth today and check out the Jeti/cortex stuff today.. word is getting out

Oh, not only single step trim, but auto return on trim.. so you could idle down, and when you power on, it comes back to "base" trim automatically.. as well as using the trim buttons to actually control something if desired just like any other switch, they will auto detect

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-04-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:56 AM
Puttputt maru

We had a lot of jet guys stop by the Jeti/demon booth today and check out the Jeti/cortex stuff today.. word is getting out

Oh, not only single step trim, but auto return on trim.. so you could idle down, and when you power on, it comes back to "base" trim automatically.. as well as using the trim buttons to actually control something if desired just like any other switch, they will auto detect

I have been so impressed with the BD on my helis that the Cortex is the logical next step for my Jets and I think with the new Gyro menu it will make it much easier to put together. Now if I can only finish putting my first electric plane together (91'EF extra) and finish convert my Jet fleet to Jeti, I will get on it.

I am glad to see that the trim button will get some use because between disabling them with FBL units and the auto trim function they sure don't get much action from me
Old 04-05-2014, 04:15 AM
wfield0455

Wayne, its also important that you set the following using the CB200

Set R3/Rx receiver speed to Auto with failsafe off
Only modify the output speed of the CB200 to satisfy servo speed
Only set up the Failsafe in the CB200
Also ensure that your mated servos are in the same group, and that only A-C grps are used..

Im glad you found relief by copying to a new model
Thanks for taking the time to read my post and reply. Everything was already as you suggested with the exception of the servo grouping.
The four Ailerons were in group A, the Elevators where in group B and the rudder and ignition where in group C but somehow the throttle
and unused channels ended up in group D. Not quite sure how that happened. The throttle and unused channels are now in group C as well.
Are there any recommendations as to the maximum number of channels that should be placed in an output group? Since it isn't uncommon to
have 6, Aileron servos in a giant scale airplane, I assume 6 servos in a group should be fine but is there a limit? Is it best to put a relatively
equal number of channels in each group ?
Old 04-05-2014, 04:34 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
.I'm guessing that there must have been some corruption in the original file that got corrected when I copied it over or something but we may never know at this point... I hate these kinds of mysteries
Welcome to the wonderful world of software.... I hate these kinds of mysterious issues, I have to deal with these at work, don't like to see them in my hobby time....but most likely you are correct in your summary.

Goose,
It was great talking to you yesterday!

I really want a Cortex now after talking to you!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:50 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Welcome to the wonderful world of software.... I hate these kinds of mysterious issues, I have to deal with these at work, don't like to see them in my hobby time....but most likely you are correct in your summary.

Goose,
It was great talking to you yesterday!

I really want a Cortex now after talking to you!

The Cortex is VERY cool.. I installed mine in my Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 and I got to fly it for the first time on Thursday. I was absolutely amazed at how different the airplane feels when you enable the gyro. The plane is far from dialed in but after using auto trim to get it flying straight and level I put the cortex into it's normal mode. I started with the gain at 20% as recommended but set one of the knobs as a gain adjuster. I couldn't turn it up very much before it started oscillating (maybe 25%) with it flying at full speed but it was incredibly locked in. It was pretty windy and I figured I wasn't going to enjoy flying the Extra but I was anxious to try the cortex out so I flew anyways. It did get bumped around quite a bit without the gyro but with the gyro on, it was almost like there was no wind at all. Very little if any correction for wind needed during maneuvers I originally put the Cortex in the Extra simply to test it out before putting it into a jet but I had so much fun with it, I think I'll need to order another Cortex for the jet.

Last edited by wfield0455; 04-05-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Puttputt maru

Wow this really opens up a new door for me. I was just talking to a friend about the Cortex and we were jokingly saying to put it on my coming 91" EF Extra and fly torque roll hands off with it. We could not really see the point of having one on an aerobatic plane. I think I will fast forward my order for one now and try it on. Thanks wfield
Old 04-05-2014, 09:44 AM
wfield0455

Wow this really opens up a new door for me. I was just talking to a friend about the Cortex and we were jokingly saying to put it on my coming 91" EF Extra and fly torque roll hands off with it. We could not really see the point of having one on an aerobatic plane. I think I will fast forward my order for one now and try it on. Thanks wfield
Yeah, I was kind of thinking that it was "wrong" to put one in an aerobatics plane but I mainly fly this particular plane as a sport / fun plane, not IMAC competition so I figured why not. I was quite surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. Snaps just stop the instant you center the stick and I've always had a problem with over rotating snaps. Point rolls are super crisp, no easing up to each point like I usually end up doing. Of course if there is a strong crosswind the plane will blow down wind but if you simply angle into the wind a bit to compensate for the cross wind, the Cortex will do the rest. Of course I only got a couple of flights with it so far, so I may eventually find some things that is doesn't do so great but it certainly gives an excellent first impression..
Old 04-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Puttputt maru

I would like to put one of the Receivers of my CB200 in the back of my plane.

How much of an extension can I safely put on a R3/Rsat2 away from my CB200?

I would be looking right now at about a 40 inches extension on one of them
Old 04-05-2014, 07:00 PM
gooseF22

I would like to put one of the Receivers of my CB200 in the back of my plane.

How much of an extension can I safely put on a R3/Rsat2 away from my CB200?

I would be looking right now at about a 40 inches extension on one of them
you are ok.. I recall reading 2 meters, lets verify that, I will ask tomorrow
Old 04-06-2014, 04:16 AM
Puttputt maru

you are ok.. I recall reading 2 meters, lets verify that, I will ask tomorrow
Thanks for the trouble, I appreciate very much.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:43 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Is it safe to say that we should not copy a file but start with a blank one? This is not an issue for me now as I am just getting started but it could be nice to have a template for a standard single rudder jet the tI could then modify.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by ddennison
Is it safe to say that we should not copy a file but start with a blank one? This is not an issue for me now as I am just getting started but it could be nice to have a template for a standard single rudder jet the tI could then modify.
As I have mentioned in an earlier thread, I had a ''glitch'' while copying a model that resulted in a voice assignment not to work (which saved the day for me by telling me something was wrong) and a reversing of the throttle which could have been bad.

Never could repeat it afterwards. Many do copy a basic model. I don't anymore just to be sure.

What I did was to make screen capture of my setups and now I just go through the procedure of setting up a new model by going through my screen captures. I find it also flexes my memory as to how and why I did it like that in the first place and it as also help me a couple of times to find better ways of doing a particular set up.

Just my 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.