Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Best servos for jets these days?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Best servos for jets these days?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Jack Diaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Danny, we might be cousins
Old 12-10-2013, 11:26 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by eastern
Been trying to find the Futaba S-Bus servo's in the UK and none seem to be in stock. Has anyone used the Futaba hub for S-Bus with standard JR or other make servo's, is everything as adjustable or is it just purely a way of making the servo work and nothing else?
When you program an sbus servo, you are programming the servo itself and nothing else. So if you program the servo with a specific channel number, endpoints, reverse speed etc... it will retain all those settings when plugged in anywhere on the sbus. They can also function as a standard servo as far as channel number meaning if you plug it into say channel 6 on a standard pwm channel output it will respond to channel six switch or stick movement. If it was programmed as channel one it will respond to channel one only when it is plugged into the sbus output of an sbus rx. The hub is only a connection point for the sbus. You might mean decoder which has three outputs and they are programmed to whatever channel numbers you want the servos you hook up to them to respond to. The decoder itself is plugged into the sbus so you can use standard servos in an sbus system. This video might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDQJd1sujIk
Old 12-10-2013, 12:17 PM
MattyMatt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jetpilot
All the blue Shirt crack dealers are pushing them!! lol
That's because they have to!

Spektrum servos come from many different vendors, there are only one or two that i know come from Savox... most aren't. I know, I left Horizon to stick with JR! I'd let Pete try out those new Spektrum's in all of his stuff first.

I'm building a Futura 2.5M right now and am planning to put JR 8711's in it, just because i have them and they're really overkill. Simple setup, DMSS Powerbus receiver and A123's, 8711's... perfect. I've been using the 8911's for the last few years in my IMAC planes and really like the newer stuff.

I think that most of the 400+ oz servos are really overkill for the jets. Flaps, flying stabs require more power than the rudders/ailerons and conventional elevators. Centering and speed are probably more important once you have enough power.

The new brushless series JR wide voltage servos are really interesting. You can run 4.8-7.4v, so you could run any battery type you want... that's pretty cool.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:21 PM
eastern

afterburner, that's what I meant! I bought a decoder hub with my 14SG but have not used it yet, I just feel if I'm going to kit out a new plane I might as well bite the bullet and buy new servo's that are compatible rather than buy non s bus then have to buy a hub which is about £35 and I would need 3 of them. I have a contact for Savox but again they are not S-Bus. I've seen the video on how S-bus works and I understand it, it's just going for it and fitting 7 or 8 s-bus futaba's. Thanks for the info by the way.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Power Aviation
My Feedback: (12)

Well, recently i have experienced Graupner, now in the USA you can find them very easily with www.openhobby.com, SJ, a Korean manufacturer purchased the whole company, its made in Korea but german engineered. I have been using the MX20 and MC-32 radios from them and now just got my MZ-24 and am amazed.
I think their servos need a try, some of the top line are metal box, all of it, this helps on the rigidity of the system preventing the famous flutter on the surfaces. They are at a great price and good technology, brushless, programable, witch I really like, so far only Hitec has a good programable servo.

Worth a try. This will be my option on my next jets now.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Eastern, which RX comes with the 14?
Old 12-10-2013, 04:51 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Originally Posted by Jack Diaz
Hey Danny, we might be cousins
Primo!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:41 AM
eastern

Hi afterburner, they come with a R6208SB in the UK, as I said I haven't used one yet as I would need about 3 decoders per jet to convert my two planes to s-bus so I just continued using R6014HS as they been faultless in over 350 flights.