Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Why is RCU so SLOOOOWWWWWW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Why is RCU so SLOOOOWWWWWW

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 08:26 AM
funnotcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just tell myself beforehand that anytime I visit RCU it will be slow & frustrating. Too bad, as it is otherwise a fairly decent site. And what about the "search" feature? TOTALLY USELESS. Anytime I attempt a search it will eventually load a thousand threads that have nothing to do with what I am trying to find. Is it just me? Am I not holding my mouth right when I hit the enter key? Do not have this problem anywhere else on the net...
Old 09-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by funnotcrazy
I just tell myself beforehand that anytime I visit RCU it will be slow & frustrating. Too bad, as it is otherwise a fairly decent site. And what about the "search" feature? TOTALLY USELESS. Anytime I attempt a search it will eventually load a thousand threads that have nothing to do with what I am trying to find. Is it just me? Am I not holding my mouth right when I hit the enter key? Do not have this problem anywhere else on the net...
No - it's not. I have the same problem with the search facilities (or lack of them)

Bob
Old 09-10-2014, 10:22 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vettster
correction... DEAD SLOW! took me 4 min just to be able to post this!!
Well I really do not understand the slowdown for some members. I am on a sailboat anchored off an island in the Caribbean, my access is through a slow wifi connection to a ISP with a pretty narrow pipe. It is MONTHS since it took me a long time to load RCU. Just tested load time and it was 6 seconds and this is typical. Slowish but acceptable to me.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Slow again today. I'm on a 12 Mbs cable connection with an I7 Quad core 3Ghz system. Many times when I click on a forum, it will think for awhile and not do anything. 2nd click usually gets it but after another wait.

Last edited by Thud_Driver; 09-10-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Thud_Driver
Slow again today. I'm on a 12 Mbs cable connection with an I7 Quad core 3Mhz system. Many times when I click on a forum, it will think for awhile and not do anything. 2nd click usually gets it but after another wait.
My sentiments exactly...........+1
Old 09-10-2014, 12:40 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As stated before RCU is very slow for me. I talked to my son about it and he said his is slow if he uses Internet Explorer but is acceptable if he uses Google Chrome. I wondered if others who are seeing slow loads are using Internet Explorer too.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:29 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

As I suspected, RCU is owned by Internet Brands
http://www.internetbrands.com/travel...iverse_new.pdf

That explains the site speed and search.
Same complaints across many sites owned by IB.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:02 PM
prop wash

I just tried to get off this thread and I "CAN'T"
Old 09-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sidgates
As stated before RCU is very slow for me. I talked to my son about it and he said his is slow if he uses Internet Explorer but is acceptable if he uses Google Chrome. I wondered if others who are seeing slow loads are using Internet Explorer too.
Im using Google Chrome and it aint all that grand. All other sites load at Lamborghini speed. This one is Model T speed
Old 09-11-2014, 03:34 AM
rcmiket

If this site gets any slower it would be going backwards. I rarely post here any more. It's a shame.

Mike
Old 09-11-2014, 07:22 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Slow isn't the only problem here either. Virtually EVERY TIME I get on here I have to log in - and I've gone through all the hoops many MANY times. Tonight I had to go to the rcuniverse home page to log in. No other page would allow the link, it would just lock up.

While I'm a great fan of RCU, I am not so much of a fan that I can't see facts as they stand. RCU, ever since the sale, has become slow, glichy, tempermental and hard to live with. I, along with many others, have pretty much moved to the "other" venue.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:26 AM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This message pops up more than I would like to see...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RC Forums   RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars  rc trucks  rc airplanes  rc helis  rc boa.png
Views:	27
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	2032070  
Old 09-15-2014, 07:36 AM
Midas D.

If RCU dies they will make sleeping pills out of it, that Slow!!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:51 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (29)

Lol do you think the site can't handle all the RC junkies logged in at one time? Shoot this is Facebook for me ! I am one RC Junkie.
I need to find me a motor. Hope the site does what it's suppose to do !
Old 09-17-2014, 08:28 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (29)

For guys that are buying and selling items. It seems RCU is having trouble producing invoices on items sold. Example. I placed a bid on a item. It took a wile for the email to confirm I placed a bid. So time went on and I checked my account on placed bids. The guy accepted my bid, and said he sent the invoice. I never received the email . So I checked on my bids. And where it says pay now , that corner has view invoice. I got the info on who the seller is.
So I would say don't wait for emails from RCU. Check on their web site to check the status on your bids !