Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First Impression of new I gyro 3E ( Flying )

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First Impression of new I gyro 3E ( Flying )

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 10:41 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bhodi11
I guess there is no concern with the SRS powering servos off a single power lead vs dedicated lines for the 3e? As I understand for Jeti purposes I can connect one of the bus outputs to one of the EXT ports in on say a REX10 receiver. I am still free to use that same receiver for throttle, gear, etc... One bonus of the SRS is since the flight surfaces are going through the EX bus I would be free to use all the channels of the RX for other stuff. So I could actually get 15 channels with only a 10 channel receiver. At least that is how I understand it.
You got it, but I would connect a second power lead to one of the iGyro's inputs just in case.

Thomas
Old 07-07-2016, 12:38 PM
Bhodi11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered an SRS with the GPS, etc... Along with the iOS Bluetooth adapter. I am curious for any of you Jeti users - Does the telemetry for the GPS II unit show up displayed like the MGPS unit? And if so can you trigger events based on a given value same as the MGPS? In my test plane I already have an MGPS so if it is going to be redundant I can pull it and move to another airframe.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:51 PM
bluelevel

Originally Posted by Bhodi11
I just ordered an SRS with the GPS, etc... Along with the iOS Bluetooth adapter. I am curious for any of you Jeti users - Does the telemetry for the GPS II unit show up displayed like the MGPS unit? And if so can you trigger events based on a given value same as the MGPS? In my test plane I already have an MGPS so if it is going to be redundant I can pull it and move to another airframe.
The iGyro does not provide any telemetry data as far as I know.

Thomas
Old 07-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Bhodi11

Originally Posted by bluelevel
The iGyro does not provide any telemetry data as far as I know.

Thomas
From the manual f the GPS II it states:

Jeti EX BUS: alarms can be entered both at the GPS II and at the transmitter.
Jeti EX: Connect the sensor directly to the receiver’s EXT input. If you wish to connect multiple sensors, you will need an “Expander E4 EX”. The data to be displayed is selected at the transmitter.

From a stand alone perspective based on descriptions above it should work. The real question is will it carry through out the Bus of the SRS to the EXT of the Jeti Rx? I guess I will find out next week.

Last edited by Bhodi11; 07-07-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:04 PM
bluelevel

Just checked http://forum.powerbox-systems.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2345 , somebody asked the same question there. The answer was that it doesn't work with the iGyro, only the Powerbox Royal SRS can provide telemetry data.

Last edited by bluelevel; 07-07-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Bhodi11

Originally Posted by bluelevel
Just checked http://forum.powerbox-systems.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2345 , somebody asked the same question there. The answer was that it doesn't work with the iGyro, only the Powerbox Royal SRS can provide telemetry data.
Thanks, that confirmed my suspicions. You can do one or the other but not both.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:35 AM
Johnny9390
My Feedback: (34)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone have a 3G gyro in their Shockwave and what were you gains set at? Also did you use HH at all?? I have the bluetooth module but noticed that on a 3 position switch the middle would be off, Back would move the slider to the Blue side Rate mode and foward to Red Heading hold. Is there a way to re arrange this switch positions so back is OFF , middle flight gains and full forward landing?? No heading hold??
Old 03-22-2017, 06:04 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Maybe, depends on your radio.