Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FAA now recruiting State, and Local Law enforcement to enforce interpretation?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FAA now recruiting State, and Local Law enforcement to enforce interpretation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Dealspeed
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I suppose the FAA is good at what they do in managing all the air traffic in this country, I wouldnt call that barely functioning. not looking to start a useless message board flame war so please don't waste my time with useless questions and comments in an attempt to prove my stupidity, life is to short for uselessness like that, much better for people to just get along instead of fighting over trivial matters, wouldn't you agree?
Old 01-12-2015, 07:35 PM
BobbyMcGee

Aww, come on Dealspeed. Don't try to diffuse flame wars by stating they are futile and trivial. You know there are dozens of people that would just love to say the sky is green if you say it's blue.

But on another note, and back to the subject ...
So, if I make a paper airplane and throw it from the balcony of the 15th floor of a building in downtown Miami, I'd be in violation of FAA rules and subject to fines and imprisonment unless I file a flight plan and/or notify and secure clearance from the Miami tower?
Old 01-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Dealspeed

So, if I make a paper airplane and throw it from the balcony of the 15th floor of a building in downtown Miami, I'd be in violation of FAA rules and subject to fines and imprisonment unless I file a flight plan and/or notify and secure clearance from the Miami tower?[/QUOTE]
yes i think that is correct lol
Old 01-12-2015, 08:16 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
Aww, come on Dealspeed. Don't try to diffuse flame wars by stating they are futile and trivial. You know there are dozens of people that would just love to say the sky is green if you say it's blue.

So, if I make a paper airplane and throw it from the balcony of the 15th floor of a building in downtown Miami, I'd be in violation of FAA rules and subject to fines and imprisonment unless I file a flight plan and/or notify and secure clearance from the Miami tower?
Well, you should consider actually reading the FAA and AMA documents on the subject of model aviation. According to AMA guidelines, you do not need to file a flight plan for free flight. Just don't do anything stupid.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Dealspeed

I haven't read the whole of the new guidelines yet and from the little I have read and heard about there is not a lot changes, just use common sense and good judgment, never fly near or around homes or busy parks, if there is a chance no matter how slight that a person could be hurt from your recreational fun, then fly somewhere else, that's always been my own personal rule in this sport since I started in 2004, I really do hope I won't have to join a club, no offense to all the clubs out there, it's just the local club in my area, I really don't care much for the guys who run it, I've always wished I had a second option for a good airfield where people can go and just have fun and not be babysat the whole time by know it all old timers, and as I've said before not all old timer rc pilots are bad, just the ones who run my local rc club
Old 01-12-2015, 09:15 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dealspeed
I haven't read the whole of the new guidelines yet and from the little I have read and heard about there is not a lot changes, just use common sense and good judgment, never fly near or around homes or busy parks, if there is a chance no matter how slight that a person could be hurt from your recreational fun, then fly somewhere else, that's always been my own personal rule in this sport since I started in 2004, I really do hope I won't have to join a club, no offense to all the clubs out there, it's just the local club in my area, I really don't care much for the guys who run it, I've always wished I had a second option for a good airfield where people can go and just have fun and not be babysat the whole time by know it all old timers, and as I've said before not all old timer rc pilots are bad, just the ones who run my local rc club
Dealspeed:
Not picking on U just used your comment to state my MHO Thanks.

The people that usually enforce the rules ar the same 5 to 10% who do 90% of the work. Most clubs would cease to exist if left to their own devices of most of the members that think the rules are made for others and things just get done by the little fairies at night when there is no one at the field.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:20 PM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

yes i think that is correct lol[/QUOTE]

You can bet there is a Jarvard pinhead in Oaky city that really does believe that...and would shoot you at a second's notice if you flew that paper airplane mister. To bad the Feds can't import some wisdom to replace the vacuum left by the "experienced". So until they do, you better just unfold that piece of paper. .....nice and slooowwww and as you have been warned "don't do anything stupid".

Last edited by DISCUS54; 01-12-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:53 AM
mackeyjones

Heres an idea, why dont you go and pay your local police department a visit and invite them out to your field for a day and educate them on what you do.. its called being proactive.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:31 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Here is my general thought. Not meant to be a political post but a general observation.

I am involved in firearms and RC. I am seeing very similar actions on both sides of my hobbies. Not to mention I am in health insurance and see stricter types of regulation and unnecessary control. I've lost my good health plan and I have tons of fees coming out of my checks now.

I was going to get into ultralights but the banning of two seaters recently by the FAA is another blow to that hobby.

The problem is not the FAA or ATF. The problem is the Obama Administration. While Obama himself may not be directing the FAA, it is the mindset his administration sets that causes this enabling all of this. I have never seen in my short life such control and force being used against civilians over the most trivial things.

The mindset is "You cant do that, and I can stop you. I don't care about what is right or wrong I am in control". The show of force is the name of the game, and showing force means especially to ignore logic and rational and just simply do what you want for the point of showing force.

I agree the problem is idiots. But not idiots flying drones, but idiots at the voting box.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:31 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35
Here is my general thought. Not meant to be a political post but a general observation.

I am involved in firearms and RC. I am seeing very similar actions on both sides of my hobbies. Not to mention I am in health insurance and see stricter types of regulation and unnecessary control. I've lost my good health plan and I have tons of fees coming out of my checks now.

I was going to get into ultralights but the banning of two seaters recently by the FAA is another blow to that hobby.

The problem is not the FAA or ATF. The problem is the Obama Administration. While Obama himself may not be directing the FAA, it is the mindset his administration sets that causes this enabling all of this. I have never seen in my short life such control and force being used against civilians over the most trivial things.

The mindset is "You cant do that, and I can stop you. I don't care about what is right or wrong I am in control". The show of force is the name of the game, and showing force means especially to ignore logic and rational and just simply do what you want for the point of showing force.

I agree the problem is idiots. But not idiots flying drones, but idiots at the voting box.
i usually stay out of political statements because this is going to be banned but I agree 100%
Old 01-13-2015, 08:05 AM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

"and force being used against civilians over the most trivial things"

....and some not so trivial.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:06 AM
Dealspeed

Look at the combined wealth of Congress, all the evidence needed to know are political system has been bought and paid
Old 01-13-2015, 09:40 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
i usually stay out of political statements because this is going to be banned but I agree 100%
How can thr truest statement on RCU in a LONG LONG time be banned I hate to see the state of affairs if another 911 happens here of even a couple of Bostons.
[h=1]Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely[/h]
Old 01-13-2015, 09:43 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
Look at the combined wealth of Congress, all the evidence needed to know are political system has been bought and paid
Originally Posted by HoundDog
How can thr truest statement on RCU in a LONG LONG time be banned I hate to see the state of affairs if another 911 happens here of even a couple of Bostons.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Wha?
Old 01-13-2015, 10:20 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

guys chill!!

All we need to do is change the name of our RC Clubs to Allahu Akbar Radical RC Flyers and the federal government will not only leave us alone, but also protect our right to fly and stone non rule abiding quadcopter pilots to the point they meet 7 virigns.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:27 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by FalconWings
guys chill!!

All we need to do is change the name of our RC Clubs to Allahu Akbar Radical RC Flyers and the federal government will not only leave us alone, but also protect our right to fly and stone non rule abiding quadcopter pilots to the point they meet 7 virigns.
That's a gyp ... I thought they got 70
Old 01-13-2015, 10:50 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

sorry I did not take inflation into account! It's been 12 centuries of this.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:08 AM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by mackeyjones
Heres an idea, why dont you go and pay your local police department a visit and invite them out to your field for a day and educate them on what you do.. its called being proactive.
Well, actually we have a few members at the field I am a member of who are police officers. I'm sure this is common throughout the r/c world. So I'm sure there are many officers who are very familiar with all of this r/c stuff. It's the r/c activities that are going on outside of the designated r/c flying sites that are the issue here.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:21 AM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee

Well.... maybe for littering and responsible if your paper airplane causes any damage, injuries, and/or chain of events that results in damage or injuries. regardless of how trivial a paper airplane could cause are. Example: if your paper airplane hits a window washer in the eye who is on the 8th floor and that causes him/her to fall off the scaffolding and die from the fall. Who'd be at fault there? If the window washer was a friend or relative, for sure that wouldn't be hard to answer. I know, stupid that I'm responding to a paper airplane flight plan scenario, but so far today has been boring for me.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Renegade
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by HoundDog
That's a gyp ... I thought they got 70
Once again you did not read the book.....what they get are MALE Virgins......
Old 01-13-2015, 01:45 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35

President Obama will be out of office in two years, I wonder then what excuse folks will come up with.

Last edited by ira d; 01-13-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:27 PM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by ira d
President Obama will be out of office in two years, I wonder then what excuse folks will come up with.
Simple, like before.....Bush's fault (depending on who you're asking of course).

Last edited by SushiHunter; 01-13-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:57 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by ira d
No Excuse just Hillbillery
Old 01-14-2015, 03:40 AM
mackeyjones

Originally Posted by SushiHunter
Well, actually we have a few members at the field I am a member of who are police officers. I'm sure this is common throughout the r/c world. So I'm sure there are many officers who are very familiar with all of this r/c stuff. It's the r/c activities that are going on outside of the designated r/c flying sites that are the issue here.
Then I really dont see an issue TBH...It all sounds like everyone jumping up and down want the right to fly where they like without paying due care and attention to people outside their hobby.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:49 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by mackeyjones
Then I really dont see an issue TBH...It all sounds like everyone jumping up and down want the right to fly where they like without paying due care and attention to people outside their hobby.
Who on this Forum have flown any place (in doors doesn't count) other than an AMA Field .... If U stay on the Reservation and your Reservation is not with in 5 miles of a towered airport NO SWEAT. The Fed's Won't/Shouldn't bother us. I HOPE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.