Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
New Mibo A-10 Gen 5.5 >

New Mibo A-10 Gen 5.5

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Mibo A-10 Gen 5.5

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 09:40 AM
AKB
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes Jim
Looks great.

Alan
Old 09-27-2018, 05:45 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

What happened to these A-10's?
Old 09-27-2018, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
What happened to these A-10's?
Hello Ravill,

Mine is still in the painting process. My painter is not fast at all .... but unfortunately, with the specific paint job I want, I'm stuck with him.
In the meantime I'm focusing on other projects to be honest with you and I'm back in the helicopter world since a few months.
I'm waiting a bigger chopper model than the A10 in a few months but as soon as I get pictures of the A10, I'll share them here !
Old 09-28-2018, 12:36 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jimibar
Hello Ravill,

Mine is still in the painting process. My painter is not fast at all .... but unfortunately, with the specific paint job I want, I'm stuck with him.
In the meantime I'm focusing on other projects to be honest with you and I'm back in the helicopter world since a few months.
I'm waiting a bigger chopper model than the A10 in a few months but as soon as I get pictures of the A10, I'll share them here !
Yep. That's about 80 to 100 hours of work for the base paint job. Can take a lot of time for a single painter in a small shop.

Landing gear removal from the plane/ dismantling/ degreasing/ etching primer spraying/ gloss white painting/ re-assembling: 24 hours
Wings sanding/ filling/ sanding/ priming/ sanding/ priming/ sanding: 24 hours
Tail section sanding/ filling/ sanding/ priming/ sanding/ priming/ sanding: 12 hours
Fuselage sanding/ filling/ sanding/ priming/ sanding/ priming/ sanding: 31 hours ( including 18 scoops patching )
Engine pods sanding/ filling/ sanding/ priming/ sanding/ priming/ sanding: 10 hours
Masking entire plane for base grey: 7 hours
Painting entire plane with base grey: 12 hours
Masking for second coat: 8 to 15 hours depending on scheme
Painting second coat: 12 hours
Masking for third coat: 8 to 15 hours depending on scheme
Painting third coat: 12 hours
Masking for clear coat: 7 hours
Painting clear coat; 12 hours

This is only for the airframe, excluding the wing pylons and ordnance, excluding decals, standard marking painting, or any weathering.
Typically, a good detailing and weathering is another 100 to 200 hours of work. This is to reach JWM/ Top Gun class finish.
Then comes ordnance prepping/ painting on top of this...
Old 09-28-2018, 12:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is worse than that, I felt in love with Stan's scheme and there is LOT of weathering on it.
And that is mainly your fault Olivier If I bought an A10 Without the A10 picture from Stan on your website, I would never thought about an A10 before.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:38 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by olnico
Yep. That's about 80 to 100 hours of work for the base paint job. Can take a lot of time for a single painter in a small shop.

Landing gear removal from the plane/ dismantling/ degreasing/ etching primer spraying/ gloss white painting/ re-assembling: 24 hours
Wings sanding/ filling/ sanding/ priming/ sanding/ priming/ sanding: 24 hours
Tail section sanding/ filling/ sanding/ priming/ sanding/ priming/ sanding: 12 hours
Fuselage sanding/ filling/ sanding/ priming/ sanding/ priming/ sanding: 31 hours ( including 18 scoops patching )
Engine pods sanding/ filling/ sanding/ priming/ sanding/ priming/ sanding: 10 hours
Masking entire plane for base grey: 7 hours
Painting entire plane with base grey: 12 hours
Masking for second coat: 8 to 15 hours depending on scheme
Painting second coat: 12 hours
Masking for third coat: 8 to 15 hours depending on scheme
Painting third coat: 12 hours
Masking for clear coat: 7 hours
Painting clear coat; 12 hours

This is only for the airframe, excluding the wing pylons and ordnance, excluding decals, standard marking painting, or any weathering.
Typically, a good detailing and weathering is another 100 to 200 hours of work. This is to reach JWM/ Top Gun class finish.
Then comes ordnance prepping/ painting on top of this...
Hi Oli

With all the information, you are not selling it! I still want one and don't have one for the same reason.

Behzad
Old 09-28-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by jimibar
It is worse than that, I felt in love with Stan's scheme and there is LOT of weathering on it.
And that is mainly your fault Olivier If I bought an A10 Without the A10 picture from Stan on your website, I would never thought about an A10 before.
Sorry man...
Stan spent several years finishing his...
Old 09-28-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
Hi Oli

With all the information, you are not selling it! I still want one and don't have one for the same reason.

Behzad
There is no miracle.
If one wants a large JWM/ Top Gun class airplane, several hundred hours have to be spent to get a decent score.
Many planes shown at Top Gun have way over 500 hours spent just on the finish.

This is true for the Mibo A-10, Modellbau.nl F-16, our Crusader, our SR-71, our coming giant Cougar and Skyray and any airplane that has to perform at a scale competition. Even the smallest ones. Ask Edgar how many hours he spent on his relatively small Avonds Fouga...

Besides, I am not here to lie. It is a great plane, it is super detailed and it requires work to get a finish on par with the level of the kit.

Last edited by olnico; 09-28-2018 at 11:02 AM.