Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Futaba 18SZ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Futaba 18SZ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 01:20 PM
ija

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Len,

Good to hear you don't have any major problems - just got worried as I want everybody being happy with the unit. Markus of JetCat said me earlier that there is a way to fine tune the counters but cant remember the method and if it was only for v10 ecu... I will try and get back to you in few weeks. My own Engines' counters are behaving rather well so I didn't pay too much attention to this issue. My unit has no inbuilt adjustments as it's difficult to provide decent user interface for such a functionality and I trusted on JetCat ECU quality.

BR, ilkka
Old 05-13-2016, 02:08 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Great Ilkka, if you can find out the ECU settings to adjust I'd really appreciate it! I have access to the basic menuing system as well, but hesitate to go in there without a solid understanding of what I am changing.
Don't fret sir, your units have been rock solid from day one and have never failed me at all. If I can get the fuel numbers working better, across more engine sizes, then I'd be very happy.
Talk soon,
Len
Old 05-13-2016, 04:51 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

What cases are you guys using?
Old 05-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Sorry IFlyEm35, I am unsure what you are asking as regards the term "cases".
Old 05-15-2016, 07:51 PM
macmuz

Help please futaba users, (how do I tag someone = Darryl Tarr.)

Using the Futaba 18SZ
Hope you can help me as I'm having trouble binding/linking the R6014HS Receiver.
I go linkage menu, system type and select FASST MULTI. the light above the on/off goes green which is correct. Problem is there is no LINK button so I can bind/link it to the receiver?
I've read the manual few times over but can't see where/what I'm doing wrong.
When I bound the R7008SB in the FASSTest 18ch, there was a link button in the system type menu and it linked straight away to the R7008SB receiver.
Hope you can help, Mario..

Last edited by macmuz; 05-15-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Midas D.

Originally Posted by macmuz

Using the Futaba 18SZ
Hope you can help me as I'm having trouble binding/linking the R6014HS Receiver.
I go linkage menu, system type and select FASST MULTI. the light above the on/off goes green which is correct. Problem is there is no LINK button so I can bind/link it to the receiver?
When I bound the R7008SB in the FASSTest 18ch, there was a link button in the system type menu and it linked straight away to the R7008SB receiver.
Hi Mario,

You don't need to use an link button on the transmitter, just use the small link button on the receiver as you alway's did in the past.
I had the same issue in the beginning and almost pulled all my hair's out before i got my head around it

You gonna love this transmitter once you get your head around it!!

Cheers,

Ed

So just do what you alway's did, go through the normal link procedure by pushing the small button on your receiver! (when selected Fasst Multi)
Old 05-16-2016, 05:31 AM
RonTins

Originally Posted by macmuz

Using the Futaba 18SZ
Hi Mario:

With your transmitter on, hold in the link button on the receiver before connecting power to the receiver. After a few seconds it should bind to the transmitter.

Hope this helps.