Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 07:44 AM
F16Jeff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DrV
Jeff,
From an RF standpoint we call the Basin “the jungle.” I've been flying there since 1992. RF studies have been done (over the years by some smarter then me guys) using spectrum analyzers on the ground and some in the air. The basin is cluttered with heavy RF including in the 2.4Ghz spectrum. I exclusively have been flying jets there since 2006 and NEVER lost any jet due to radio problems at 6 meters (50Mhz, yes I'm a licensed HAM), 72Mhz and 2.4Ghz. I've been using DS-16 since it came out and NEVER had any loss of radio control of my jets. I have had several instances of “signal loss” alarm (Never actual loss of control) at certain spots which are reproducible. After rearrangement of antennas even that “issue” (if you want to call it that) was resolved. I even fly my mostly carbon Aviation Design Mini Diamond ( With Two R3s , CP and CB-200)without any problems. I just got a DS-24 and am even more confident in the system. You have nothing to worry about. I do have to admit that my Qs look better in standard (non dual path) mode. Two of my older jets (Ultra Flash and BVM Bandit MKII) have a SINGLE R14 (with dipole antennas) without a single “signal loss” alarm anywhere in the airspace. Enjoy your Jeti without worry even "in the jungle". Stop by and say hello next time you are out there.

DrV,

Thank you for the information. I am new to Jeti with only having my DS-16 for a little more than a year and now upgraded to the DS-24. When my friend Jeff flew his T1 at the basin, he experienced signal loss with his Jeti setup. Moving the attanna's around seemed to resolve it for him. I am looking forward to doing more flying this year and learn more about the Jeti system.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

I installed an MSpeed sensor and selected voice callout for MPH. It calls out the decimal number. How do I get the voice call out to drop the decimel call?
Thanks
Gary
Old 04-09-2018, 05:49 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

need a better way to manage all these tips and tricks than one big ass thread.. is there a jeti sub-forum somewhere?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:59 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

over on RCG there is a main Jeti forum and then tere is also a bunch of "Mini How To" threads that talk about things like receiver configuration, etc.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:03 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Jeti Receiver and Central Box mounts are here.
Should be on the web site in day or two.

Zb/Jeti USA

Jeti Mount Type 200 $7.00
Jeti Mount Type 100 (R7/9/11/Box 100) $6.00
Jeti Mount Type 14 (R14/18) $7.00
Jeti Mount Type REX 10 (R10/12) $6.00
Jeti Mount Type REX 7 $6.00
Jeti Mount Type REX 3 (R3/RSW/900) $5.00
Jeti Mount Type Rsat 2 $5.00

Old 04-09-2018, 10:14 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

thanks wayne
Old 04-13-2018, 11:09 AM
CFITG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good Afternoon Everybody,
I am in the process of setting up a turbine model and for the life of me cannot figure an issue out!
Set up is DS-24 ,
CB200 with FW 1.20
Rex 12 set up with output pins for E1 set to EX Bus and connected to the CB200 on port RX1
Rex3 900 MHz set to ppm positive on port E1 (2) and connected to the CB200 on port RX2
I am using an R3RSW for the switch to turn the plane on.
Polarity and connections are correct, the servos work and the 900 takes over when the 2.4 is turned off.
I need to access the CB 200 to set up my fail safes and cannot get I to the CB200.
My problem is when I go to the device explorer from the transmitter and select an item like the R12, I can go into it no problem. The same is true for the 900 and I can access the wireless switch.
But I cannot access the central box! It has the check mark until I select the CB200, when I do select it the screen changes to the loading screen for the CB200 but does not load is just tells me that the device is disconnected.
I have tried to update the CB200 again but now it will not update.
Im sure I’m missing something but I cannot figure this out.
Has anybody had this same problem?
Any suggestions are welcome. I tried to send pictures of the transmitter screen but I only have a few post, so I was not allowed.
Jason
Old 04-13-2018, 11:42 AM
F16Jeff

I had the same issue. Be sure the RX wire from CB200 is going to EXT port on RX
Old 04-13-2018, 12:34 PM
CFITG

Thanks you for the reply but unfortunately it will not work still.
I’m using the REX12 and the Ext port will not allow me to change from JetiBox/ sensor to ex bus.
The REX12 will only allow me to change E1 or E2 (pin 8) to EX Bus.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:53 PM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hum, no expert, but will the REX 12 work with the CB200? I have 3 REX3's on my CB400...
RP
Old 04-13-2018, 01:03 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Rex 12 should work.....so If your in dual path....the rex12 has been bound as the number 2......redo the bind in the top one number one, connected to rx1 on the cb200.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:59 PM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CFITG
Good Afternoon Everybody,
I am in the process of setting up a turbine model and for the life of me cannot figure an issue out!
Set up is DS-24 ,
CB200 with FW 1.20
Rex 12 set up with output pins for E1 set to EX Bus and connected to the CB200 on port RX1
Rex3 900 MHz set to ppm positive on port E1 (2) and connected to the CB200 on port RX2
I am using an R3RSW for the switch to turn the plane on.
Polarity and connections are correct, the servos work and the 900 takes over when the 2.4 is turned off.
I need to access the CB 200 to set up my fail safes and cannot get I to the CB200.
My problem is when I go to the device explorer from the transmitter and select an item like the R12, I can go into it no problem. The same is true for the 900 and I can access the wireless switch.
But I cannot access the central box! It has the check mark until I select the CB200, when I do select it the screen changes to the loading screen for the CB200 but does not load is just tells me that the device is disconnected.
I have tried to update the CB200 again but now it will not update.
Im sure I’m missing something but I cannot figure this out.
Has anybody had this same problem?
Any suggestions are welcome. I tried to send pictures of the transmitter screen but I only have a few post, so I was not allowed.
Jason
You mentioned FW 1.20. I think The CB 200 is up to FW 1.27. You may try updating the CB to most recent FW.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:50 AM
CFITG

Dansy,
I am using the REX12 in the Default mode with the 900 as the back up. I only have one receiver to bind for the 2.4. So far it is a simple hook up and it works at the field I fly.
Once I was learned that the 900 has to be set at PPM + it worked brilliantly.

Custmachr,
The firmware for the central box at the two places I have found (Esprit and Jeti Model)
only list the FW 1.20 for the CB200. I only found FW update 1.27 for the Mezon speed control. Maybe I was looking at the wrong website?

I did have an M-Flow connected to the CB200 at first, I then wanted to reroute the extension so I unplugged it. I left it unplugged until I could make a new longer extension. And it was plugged in correctly. It was powered up for about 5 minuets but I never did check the CB200 in device explorer. Could a bad M-flow sensor temporarily knock the CB200? Just a thought I had. My apologies for not mentioning this in first post, at first I didn’t think it was or could be the problem. Then..... yes maybe it could be! Sometimes it seems as though the simplest things end up being the issues with the biggest headache.
So I have made some progress, I deleted the model in the transmitter and started over from scratch. So far the CB200 is now being recognized and is opening up. No ratchety servos. The 900 back up works as it should.
other than starting with a completely new model everything I did to bind and set up the receivers is exactly the same as the few times ( understatement).
I will not plug in any telemetry items until the set up is done, so I can verify that the system is still working correctly. I’ll keep this group informed as I continue.
Thanks

Last edited by CFITG; 04-14-2018 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 04-14-2018, 04:23 AM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why the 900 mhz r3 needs to be ppm? I use ex bus on mine and connect them direct on cb200 with no problem.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:29 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Dansy,
I am using the REX12 in the Default mode with the 900 as the back up. I only have one receiver to bind for the 2.4. So far it is a simple hook up and it works at the field I fly.

Custmachr,
The firmware for the central box at the two places I have found (Esprit and Jeti Model)
only list the FW 1.20 for the CB200. I only found FW update 1.27 for the Mezon speed control. Maybe I was looking at the wrong website?

I did have an M-Flow connected to the CB200 at first, I then wanted to reroute the extension so I unplugged it. I left it unplugged until I could make a new longer extension. And it was plugged in correctly. It was powered up for about 5 minuets but I never did check the CB200 in device explorer. Could a bad M-flow sensor temporarily knock the CB200? Just a thought I had. My apologies for not mentioning this in first post, at first I didn’t think it was or could be the problem. Then..... yes maybe it could be! Sometimes it seems as though the simplest things end up being the issues with the biggest headache.
So I have made some progress, I deleted the model in the transmitter and started over from scratch. So far the CB200 is now being recognized and is opening up. No ratchety servos. The 900 back up works as it should.
other than starting with a completely new model everything I did to bind and set up the receivers is exactly the same as the few times ( understatement).
I will not plug in any telemetry items until the set up is done, so I can verify that the system is still working correctly. I’ll keep this group informed as I continue.
Thanks

MFlow2 is not the problem I have it on one of my jet with a CB200 x3 R3.....ratchety servo I believe indicated you were partially on 900 MHz, can’t confirm this since I don’t have any R3 900mhz nor do I intend to use them, I rather have a standby 2.4.

Making a new model does sometime help clean up all the mistake made during setup.....
Old 04-14-2018, 11:30 AM
Custmachr

Dansy,

Custmachr,

Thanks

I am not sure where I got it but flying jets today so I Checked firmware on CB 200 thru Device Explorer. It reads ver 1.27. Probably got it on Jetimodel.com?? It has been that way since last Oct. not a recent update??
Old 04-14-2018, 02:31 PM
Victory Pete

After using my DS-16 for 3 years I finally sold it and just got the DS-24 2 days ago. First impressions are very positive. Even though the Jeti programming is extremely challenging, the end result is worth it. The color screen is a huge improvement over the monochrome screen. I have the dark blue display with white letters on black. No matter how small the print may be, and sometimes it is very small, I can still discern what I am looking at. I went to the field today and did extensive testing including a range check at about 200 ft. and all seems well. It was too windy to do any actual flying unfortunately.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:08 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Victory Pete
After using my DS-16 for 3 years I finally sold it and just got the DS-24 2 days ago. First impressions are very positive. Even though the Jeti programming is extremely challenging, the end result is worth it. The color screen is a huge improvement over the monochrome screen. I have the dark blue display with white letters on black. No matter how small the print may be, and sometimes it is very small, I can still discern what I am looking at. I went to the field today and did extensive testing including a range check at about 200 ft. and all seems well. It was too windy to do any actual flying unfortunately.
A bit off topic, but I also just got a DS-24 and still have my DS-16. Wondering if worth selling the DS-16. How much do they go for?
Old 04-14-2018, 05:20 PM
F16Jeff

Originally Posted by DrV
A bit off topic, but I also just got a DS-24 and still have my DS-16. Wondering if worth selling the DS-16. How much do they go for?
I sold ny DS-16 Carbon Red after getting my Dark Red DS-24. It wnet quickly. I have seen some as low as $800. It really depends on condition, color, and what you include extra if anything.

Look at the classifieds and see what the sold ones listed for. That is how I priced mine.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:36 AM
Victory Pete

Originally Posted by DrV
I sold mine on EBay for $900 within 2 days.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:51 PM
Custmachr

Dansy,

Custmachr,

Thanks

CFITG
Firmware 1.27 for the CB200 is the 24 channel update from Dec 2015. It is labeled 24 channel update on the JetiModel website.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:54 PM
Custmachr

Dansy,

Custmachr,

Thanks

CFITG
Firmware 1.27 for the CB200 is the 24 channel update from Dec 2015. It is labeled 24 channel update on the JetiModel website.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:59 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
Rex 12 should work.....so If your in dual path....the rex12 has been bound as the number 2......redo the bind in the top one number one, connected to rx1 on the cb200.
Any receivers with EXT port will work, which is all except R4 will work with any of the Jeti CBs.
Switch to ExBus.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 04-16-2018, 09:33 AM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Back to a newbie problem, and though I've seen it mentioned, I can't seem to make it work.

How do I slow down my flaps in a way so that if I have to mix anything in with them (ail or elev), they all move at the same speed?

Help please.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:44 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Back to a newbie problem, and though I've seen it mentioned, I can't seem to make it work.

How do I slow down my flaps in a way so that if I have to mix anything in with them (ail or elev), they all move at the same speed?

Help please.
If you are using "Flight modes" add a 1.5 sec delay for each flight mode.. do that in the Flight mode menu..

David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.