Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 06:48 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

I also spoke to Dirk last week and received the same information. I ordered mine late December. Dirk said it was built and ready to ship and gave me the same info. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is the relations between China and the USA. What if the tariff starts again or flights can't happen, etc.? Even though everyone tells me not to, I'm seriously considering paying the extra $600 (Dirk said $900 to ship a T1 UPS at the time but the rates drop weekly). I paid for my PNP T1 with all the bells and whistles. I trust Dirk completely but I'm out $4500+ right now and just worried that things aren't going to get better between China and USA.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:07 AM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I own a lithium battery business and have the same problems. My shipping quotes just doubled from $500. to $1000. The option to ship by sea has opened up which will cost $400. but take 4 weeks to get here. I will opt for the sea route for my next shipment. The factory tells me that shipping will get back to normal when the pandemic is over. I hope that means another month or two
A friend has already converted the T1 using a Schubeler 128mm fan on 14s. It fly's well. He will get a better video when he can fly it again.

I will use a jetfan 130mm on 22s which will up the performance level a fair amount.

Last edited by MarkF; 05-18-2020 at 07:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ken Mikrut (05-18-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 01:06 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Just out of curiosity, how much does an EDF setup like this cost? Thanks, Tom.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:27 PM
MarkF

My Jet fan set up was $1700 and that's with an APD esc that cost $1000. just for that. A flier ESC would be around $350. Total cost for my jet will be close to $5000. RTF and that's with a set of batteries that will give me the equivalent of 3 to 4 years worth of fuel and oil.

Last edited by MarkF; 05-22-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:50 PM
Ken Mikrut
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Schubeler setup was $1650ish ready to run and $350 for a 14S 10,600 mah flight pack. Their prices on their site include VAT which you have to back out. That is my T1 in the video.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:34 PM
MarkF

Thanks for posting in the thread Ken. I'm not sure why I thought your set up was more.
Would love to see another video when you get the chance
Old 05-24-2020, 02:57 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Probably an import tax for sure on value. $2400 jet quickly turns out to be really expensive. Kind of sucks and talk about bad timing. Good luck
Got mine delivered like 2.5 years ago. Way before the virus crap. Sitting in an air conditioned garage awaiting build in maybe 2-5 years not in any hurry whatsoever. These have gone up in value since nobody can get them to the states at any reasonable cost.

Edit

Last edited by ledd4u; 05-24-2020 at 03:07 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:38 AM
winter1

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi guys,
what kind of fuel gauge you use for the KT 140G2 turbine.
- Jeti Telemetry Sensor Fuel Flow MFlow2 Turbine T800 EX
or - Jeti Telemetry Sensor Fuel Flow MFlow2 Turbine T3000 EX
KT 140G2 Fuel consumption: 400g / min — average (14.1 oz / min). The maximum consumption is not stated in the manual.

/ ledd4u / - very nice.
I'm still waiting to be shipped from China. Very annoying. The season is in full swing, the accessories are ready for installation and nothing is happening. The manufacturer should provide some alternative delivery option. I'm afraid it's the last model I ordered from T-One models. ***winter***

Last edited by winter1; 05-31-2020 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:16 AM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by winter1
Hi guys,
KT 140G2 Fuel consumption: 400g / min — average (14.1 oz / min). The maximum consumption is not stated in the manual.

/ ledd4u / - very nice.
I'm still waiting to be shipped from China. Very annoying. The season is in full swing, the accessories are ready for installation and nothing is happening. The manufacturer should provide some alternative delivery option. I'm afraid it's the last model I ordered from T-One models. ***winter***
i think either of those will probably work but the Digitec CTU works great and also will provide Gs and other telemetry. You could also use the Kingtech Telemetry Adapter for the turbine. I think once calibrated you will find the fuel consumption is very accurate with either as well as getting other telemetry data on the Jeti. the CTU has some great Lua programs for the display on the Jeti. Check out AeroPanda for the CTU.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:46 AM
winter1

I have a KingTech Telemetry adapter ready. I'm considering other options in case the metering is inaccurate.
For Jeti Telemetry Sensors, I ask whether to use 800 or 3000. The designations 800 and 3000 are the maximum fuel flow ml / min. I don't know what is the maximum consumption of the KT 140G2 turbine. Therefore, I ask which of the sensors to use. Consumption measurement at CTU works on a similar principle as KT Telemetri. If the settings are made well, the consumption measurement can be quite accurate. CTU is a good choice. I'll use it for the next Jet. Or if I'm not happy with KT Telemetry. ***winter***
Old 05-31-2020, 07:35 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Hi guys,

/ ledd4u / - very nice.
Well I have used both the KingTech and the Mflow in my T-1.......I also used the Xicoy previously.....guess what they are all out and I sold them All

I’m currently Running the Digitech CTU in all my jets, and it’s cat Ass (meaning Great) they are much more accurate and work with pretty much all engine.

The reason why I actually start using these CTU, was one of my Turbo Prop, which has to have the canopy closed before starting due to the front location of the canopy screws.......I needEd something that replace the GSU or make a hole in the fuselage to connect the GSU which obviously I didn’t want to do

It turned out that I really like them and now have them in all my jets (retrofit some from KingTech ) They also replaced the need for the GSU on all jet canopy open or closed...by providing the full start sequences same as the GSU would do....and has a bunch of possible verbal warning, that can be set.....both in the apps and of course the normal telemetry page...
Old 05-31-2020, 09:41 AM
winter1

Hi Dan, I know CTU is your favorite telemetry module. Too bad I already bought a KT module. While KT is not bad, CTU has far more options. I'm sorry to leave the new KT-T module lying in the box. ***winter***
Old 05-31-2020, 09:43 AM
Dansy

Hi Dan, I know CTU is your favorite telemetry module. Too bad I already bought a KT module. While KT is not bad, CTU has far more options. I'm sorry to leave the new KT-T module lying in the box. ***winter***
I sold all of mine but one....I keep on the test running board, they are not bad at all...price is right, but I don’t like to run too many different things......
Old 05-31-2020, 12:48 PM
smcharg

Winter,

I'm waiting on mine too. Not quite as long as you but waiting none the less since December. EMS only ships via the airlines so when they start flying so shall our airplanes. You say they should offer choices and, in actuality, they do. They have wanted Dirk to ship on a boat but that'll take another 6 weeks. Dirk feels that the airlines will start flying before then. Also, I talked to Dirk for a good 30 minutes a week ago. I told him I was strongly considering asking him to ship mine via UPS as they have their own planes and are flying. The problem is, at this moment in time, it'll cost 3 times as much as EMS. To get my T-1 here, it'll run me about $900 vs. the $300 paid. Everyone, including Dirk, says don't do it. My concern was who had our money. Turns out Dirk has it as he doesn't pay T One until our equipment ships. Personally, I feel better about that and now am willing to wait a little bit longer. If the factory had our money, I'd definitely be more nervous.

I'm still considering paying UPS. Their prices drop a little bit each week. Dirk suggested waiting a few more weeks and then we'd see what's happening. If there's still no sign of the airlines up and running to China, I'll ask Dirk to check UPS price at that point and make a decision. All said, YOU do have choices. The factory wants these shipped ASAP also so they can get paid. Dirk told me he has 57 planes ready to ship right now. That's a lot of dollars that the factory has yet to get paid for. They probably want them shipped worse than we do. Don't blame the factory or Dirk for sure. Dirk is protecting our money and the factory wants to ship them. It's certainly not anyone's fault. We're in unprecedented times whether we believe they really are or not.

Scott
Old 05-31-2020, 01:00 PM
winter1

Hi Scott,
thanks for the info. I have ordered the aircraft from a European supplier based in Germany. Depending on what you write, the situation is similar. I don't blame anyone, but it's annoying. I was convinced that the model will be delivered by the beginning of this season. As you can see, I was wrong. I am "waiting" for the model for the eighth month. Now I don't know if it's sci-fi or psycho ... Probably both. ***winter***

Last edited by winter1; 05-31-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:05 PM
smcharg

Hi Scott,
thanks for the info. I have ordered the aircraft from a European supplier based in Germany. Depending on what you write, the situation is similar. I don't blame anyone, but it's annoying. I was convinced that the model will be delivered by the beginning of this season. As you can see, I was wrong. I've been waiting for the eighth month. Now I don't know if it's sci-fi or psycho ... Probably both. ***winter***
Certainly agree! No one could have predicted this for sure and it is more than annoying, especially when you see Pilot R/C Predators shipping in containers. Mine is a PNP T1 and I have zero patience haha. We're in this together. I was hoping to go to the F3S Precision Jet Aerobatics Nationals this year. That's also been cancelled so I'm not missing out but I definitely want my jet here! Hang in there my friend.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:33 PM
MarkF

Iv'e only been waiting 3 months so I hope shipping gets back to normal by the time I'm 6 months in. I get product from China every 6 weeks or so and by UPS only. My guy tells me things wont get back till normal until this whole covid thing settles down. We thought 2 months ago it would be done by now. Now I think it could easily go into the end of the year. I will get my product by boat for now which my guy says 4 weeks to get in my hands. If my jet was ready now and they offer to ship mine by boat, I think I would take that option. It's usually 3 weeks on the sea and then the time it takes to ship to you from port. This might be quicker than waiting for air.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:55 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by smcharg
Winter,

The factory wants these shipped ASAP also so they can get paid. Dirk told me he has 57 planes ready to ship right now. That's a lot of dollars that the factory has yet to get paid for. They probably want them shipped worse than we do. Don't blame the factory or Dirk for sure. Dirk is protecting our money and the factory wants to ship them. It's certainly not anyone's fault. We're in unprecedented times whether we believe they really are or not.

Scott
But Dirk requires full payment up front when ordering a jet? I thought it went directly to the factory to get the order rolling. Wouldn't make sense for the middleman to have the money sitting in his pocket. I imagine the factory has already been paid, but are motivated to get them out of their warehouse because they are nothing but a liability to them while they are in their possession(taking up real estate, they are responsible for any damage or loss while in their possession, etc).
Old 06-01-2020, 12:10 AM
winter1

Smile

Originally Posted by smcharg
......................Pilot R/C Predators shipping in containers. Mine is a PNP T1 and I have zero patience haha. ........ Hang in there my friend.
I think I'm very patient (yet), but it's not bottomless. Moreover, that I'm waiting 8 months on my T1, I also wait 26 months for the Revoletrix Dual PowerLab 8 Touch charger. First the change of electronics and then the covid19 and lack of electronic components. In 8 months I had a brick house built and in the next 12 months it was completely furnished with the whole garden. A total of 20 months. Four months before delivery of the charger. Actually, I don't know how long it will take for the charger to be delivered.
"Strange World" ***winter***
By that I mean that before you receive the shipment from China, you have enough time to build a house and establish a garden.

Last edited by winter1; 06-01-2020 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:04 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Somethings up! Last week, my BVM L-39 was here in my hot little hands just about two weeks after I was told it was done at the factory. It came via DHL.

As far as I can tell, in the past my T-1 came via DHL in about 2 weeks also. Given 2 weeks for the L-39 which arrived last week, shipping from China does NOT appear to be a current issue.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:18 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Somethings up! Last week, my BVM L-39 was here in my hot little hands just about two weeks after I was told it was done at the factory. It came via DHL.

As far as I can tell, in the past my T-1 came via DHL in about 2 weeks also. Given 2 weeks for the L-39 which arrived last week, shipping from China does NOT appear to be a current issue.
T-one factory ship EMS not DHL.....while you can get courrier it’s more expensive and offer...most choose EMS.

And China is the issued because EMS goes cargo on normal passenger flight as extra cargo space become available, and right now there’s no passenger flight from China !
Old 06-01-2020, 04:15 AM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like it will be at least another month.....https://www.thejakartapost.com/trave...s-embassy.html
Old 06-01-2020, 04:56 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I would take the boat option today if I was able to choose. Then at least I know I would get it in about that time frame. If EMS opens up before then, fine I’m ok with waiting longer than I could have. To just keep waiting for something nobody has any idea how long it could be Is a mistake.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:04 AM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by camss69
I would take the boat option today if I was able to choose. Then at least I know I would get it in about that time frame. If EMS opens up before then, fine I’m ok with waiting longer than I could have. To just keep waiting for something nobody has any idea how long it could be Is a mistake.
I feel the same way....but the logistics and cost of receiving, storing and re-shipping over 50 planes once they hit the US probably plays a factor in that being able to work. I was speaking with a United pilot a couple of weeks ago, and he feels this stoppage of flights could go on a really long time...especially if the virus spikes back up. I am frustrated, but somewhat understanding at the same point. Really feel for Dirk as I am sure this has to be a nightmare for him!
Old 06-01-2020, 05:08 AM
smcharg

Originally Posted by bodywerks
But Dirk requires full payment up front when ordering a jet? I thought it went directly to the factory to get the order rolling. Wouldn't make sense for the middleman to have the money sitting in his pocket. I imagine the factory has already been paid, but are motivated to get them out of their warehouse because they are nothing but a liability to them while they are in their possession(taking up real estate, they are responsible for any damage or loss while in their possession, etc).
I can only tell you what Dirk told me. I don't know why he'd not tell the truth. I've heard of several folks asking for a refund and it was back in their account within a day or two. I doubt that'd be the case if China had the money.
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (06-01-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.