Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Introducing the Top RC Model Odyssey - New sport jet - build thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Introducing the Top RC Model Odyssey - New sport jet - build thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 12:15 AM
alfawaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would someone please post pictures of their Navy orange scheme odyssey. I am considering buying it but would like to see how it looks like close and personal especially the bottom.
Thank you
Old 12-26-2018, 01:37 PM
dynaudio79

Skytoys have a nice video which shows All schemes.

youtu.be/c3toLJllMZo
Old 12-26-2018, 03:39 PM
emart

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

here are a few pics of my friend's Odeyssey
Old 12-27-2018, 07:42 AM
alfawaz

Thank you guys this is really helpful
Old 01-10-2019, 02:57 PM
Larrythelathe

Default Mine

I am building one of these i purchased from my friend lewis.

i wonder has anyone used crow? I am going to fit a jetcat 160 so should go well. I have powerbox etc going in
Old 01-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Swissy

Hi
Have a look at Liors posting # 355!
Old 01-10-2019, 04:55 PM
alfawaz

Has anyone attempted making a removable nose cone for the odyssey to make it easier for battery connecting and placement ?
Old 01-11-2019, 02:52 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Larrythelathe
I am building one of these i purchased from my friend lewis.

i wonder has anyone used crow? I am going to fit a jetcat 160 so should go well. I have powerbox etc going in
yes crow works very very well. check out my posts.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:56 AM
LewisE1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any tips on stopping the paint chip when cutting servo horn slots etc ?
Old 01-11-2019, 02:07 PM
horsefeetky

i score the paint with an xacto knife first thentry my best to cut with the dremel wheel just inside the line.. works well most of the time but going slow and using a cut off wheel grit wheel is better than the saw blade wheel also.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:27 PM
alfawaz

Originally Posted by horsefeetky

using digitec scales same as xicoy i think

Did you end up adding the 136 grams? This is the first time I use the CG machine and it is asking to add 300g of weight and was wondering how conservative this is and if I were to fly it the way it is whether it will be very nose heavy
Old 01-11-2019, 10:34 PM
i3dm

Originally Posted by alfawaz
Did you end up adding the 136 grams? This is the first time I use the CG machine and it is asking to add 300g of weight and was wondering how conservative this is and if I were to fly it the way it is whether it will be very nose heavy
300g of weight to get to 220mm back from leading edge CG?
Old 01-11-2019, 10:40 PM
alfawaz

Originally Posted by i3dm
300g of weight to get to 220mm back from leading edge CG?
Yes I will text you on FB I was worried you were asleep.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:37 AM
horsefeetky

alfawaz
did you get the same sensor spacing i have noted above... i would strive to get cg right by moving battery packs around until things work out. you may need to reduce the size of your packs some to meet the needs and not add lead....
Old 01-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Larrythelathe

Are you guys using oem retracts and brakes?

i have a fair bit of friction on the brakes when off. They are 100 percent off. They come on and brake well. I am not happy with the off friction though. I tried a small bit of greese still bit tight. I was exspecting them to be free running?
Old 01-12-2019, 12:31 PM
RP-Stinger
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Larrythelathe
Are you guys using oem retracts and brakes?

i have a fair bit of friction on the brakes when off. They are 100 percent off. They come on and brake well. I am not happy with the off friction though. I tried a small bit of greese still bit tight. I was exspecting them to be free running?
Mine has a small amount also. I expected that was normal since I haven’t flown yet.
I have had others the same but they all worked great, rolled easy on the runway.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:58 PM
alfawaz

Originally Posted by horsefeetky
alfawaz
did you get the same sensor spacing i have noted above... i would strive to get cg right by moving battery packs around until things work out. you may need to reduce the size of your packs some to meet the needs and not add lead....

My issue is being tail heavy all my packs are in the nose and I am still 300g short. I was wondering how to it would fly without the 300g
Old 01-12-2019, 02:44 PM
horsefeetky

no grease you will regret it.. if you must you can use dry lube spray.. but i suggest taking the brake magnet side and hone it on a flat table with a sheet of 600 grit. clean it well and clean the inside of all parts on the hub inside also

if you use grease or anything that will capture the dust created by friction in use they will stop griping very soon..
Old 03-07-2019, 10:37 AM
dynaudio79

Often the distance between wheel, disc and magnet is too small or not available. The axle is mounted too far in the leg. Please make this a bit longer. This results in more air between wheel, disc and Magnet.
Then the wheels moves free.
I also sanded the magnets and discs.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:22 PM
synergy41

Hello everyone,
This weekend I totally destroyed my Odyssey at 2nd flights,
I got caught in the last corner before aligning the center of the track to land.
Can you tell me if you are going to fly full in rear wind phase or in final.
The centering was 210mm from the leading edge so I do not think he was centering too far back,
I precede that it's my 1st day, but that I pilot big models of flying for many years.
Thank you for your answer.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:01 AM
i3dm

Originally Posted by synergy41
Hello everyone,
I got caught in the last corner before aligning the center of the track to land.
The centering was 210mm from the leading edge so I do not think he was centering too far back,
I precede that it's my 1st day, but that I pilot big models of flying for many years.

i always use full flap on the middle of down wind leg.
sounds like you might have stalled?
Old 04-25-2019, 04:04 AM
RP-Stinger

Originally Posted by synergy41
Hello everyone,
Don't feel to bad, I lost mine on 1st flight a week ago, just before landing time. So sucks... I got a bad servo all I can figure.
I only found one bad servo after the crash, one on the right elevator was locked in the down position and no damage to that elevator or stab.
Terrible way to loose a nice jet. And they were new servos. At least mine hit the top of a tree branch and just fell, everything inside was recovered for another build.
I also fly giant planes all the time for years, but be aware, the jets will stall easier if they get to slow, and no recover time like the giant prop planes I fly.

Good luck in the future, keep em moving.
I will be buying another soon as I really liked the jet, and although I only flew one flight, I loved the way it felt in the air.
Wish you the best.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:30 AM
i3dm

Originally Posted by RP-Stinger
Don't feel to bad, I lost mine on 1st flight a week ago, just before landing time. So sucks... I got a bad servo all I can figure.
I only found one bad servo after the crash, one on the right elevator was locked in the down position and no damage to that elevator or stab.
Terrible way to loose a nice jet. And they were new servos. At least mine hit the top of a tree branch and just fell, everything inside was recovered for another build.
I also fly giant planes all the time for years, but be aware, the jets will stall easier if they get to slow, and no recover time like the giant prop planes I fly.

Good luck in the future, keep em moving.
I will be buying another soon as I really liked the jet, and although I only flew one flight, I loved the way it felt in the air.
Wish you the best.
this is exactly why i run all my servos for 30 mins at slow speed "sweep" on the servo tested before installing them in any jet.
sorry for your loss. please break in your servos - you might be suprised what you find.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:42 AM
RP-Stinger

Originally Posted by i3dm
this is exactly why i run all my servos for 30 mins at slow speed "sweep" on the servo tested before installing them in any jet.
sorry for your loss. please break in your servos - you might be suprised what you find.
Yes, that makes good sense to me now, time to buy a servo tester.
Guess I have been lucky in the past as I never had a new one go bad, not till they had many flights on them.
I will take your suggestion and run them on the ground a while for the next one I build.
Hopefully my funds will allow me to buy another one maybe next month as I really liked the model.
Thanks
Old 04-25-2019, 04:44 AM
i3dm

The only thing that can replace an Odyssey - is another Odyssey!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.